Elon buys Twitter

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Elon buys Twitter

Post by OneGun »

I may finally have a voice!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Rafe
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Rafe »

The deal evidently is off: https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/08/elon-mu ... -deal.html

Comes down to the myriad fake accounts on Twitter. Twitter's claim is that about 5% of all its monetizable daily active users are spam and/or fake accounts. The real number seems to be much higher than that.

Musk's lawyer tells the Securities and Exchange Commission that Twitter failed to meet its contractual obligations for full disclosure. The attorney says Twitter made "materially inaccurate representations" even after being given time to present more precise data. Twitter's chairman of the board says the company plans to pursue legal action against Musk. Twitter probably really, really wants to hold Elon to the original terms: on the day of Musk's original offer to buy, the stock price closed at $51.70. At today's close, the price was $36.81.

I really hope that the verdict--which ain't gonna be quick--is that Twitter is in breach of contract and that Musk will be able to renegotiate the original deal based on new facts and delays.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

ELB

Post by ELB »

Sounds like Elon’s gonna go ahead and buy Twitter of the original offered price

https://techcrunch.com/2022/10/04/elon- ... y-twitter/
USAF 1982-2005

philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Post by philip964 »

ELB wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:54 pm Sounds like Elon’s gonna go ahead and buy Twitter of the original offered price

https://techcrunch.com/2022/10/04/elon- ... y-twitter/
My TWTR is doing great after today. My DWAC not so much.

philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Post by philip964 »

Twitter is different today. People are free to speak their minds.
Attachments
2AA51F65-0B7F-46BC-9DD8-D21FA90BB972.jpeg
F718A70A-89B4-4B56-99DE-0277270C09D3.jpeg

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

philip964 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:56 pm Twitter is different today. People are free to speak their minds.
i may have to reactivate my twitter account
seems the bonds are breaking
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

powerboatr wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:36 pm
philip964 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:56 pm Twitter is different today. People are free to speak their minds.
They had kicked me off. I am back on now! It is hilarious watching the leftist scum breaking down and losing their minds.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

I have never used Twitter. I had an account for a research project I worked on in school, but deactivated it as soon that class was done. but I was thinking the exact same way, I may need to reactivate the account and start switching to Twitter from Facebook. I like the way Musk is shaking things up there.

It seems to have gotten much worse on Facebook with the political bias becoming much more obvious. I see ads for campaigns every day I am on it, but they all are for Democrats. I find that highly suspicious, with FB either shadowbanning Republican campaign ads or refusing to let them advertise to begin with.
Steve Rothstein

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

srothstein wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:36 pm
I have never used Twitter. I had an account for a research project I worked on in school, but deactivated it as soon that class was done. but I was thinking the exact same way, I may need to reactivate the account and start switching to Twitter from Facebook. I like the way Musk is shaking things up there.

It seems to have gotten much worse on Facebook with the political bias becoming much more obvious. I see ads for campaigns every day I am on it, but they all are for Democrats. I find that highly suspicious, with FB either shadowbanning Republican campaign ads or refusing to let them advertise to begin with.
I’ve been 99.999% inactive on Facebook for several years now, and have enjoyed using Twitter in the years since. A few months ago, my @TheAnnoyedMan account was permanently suspended without explanation and with no chance of appeal. I’ve been posting ever since as @whamprod. The other day, I tagged @elonmusk in a tweet, asking if I could have my old account restored. We'll see…
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

I set up an account several years ago to stay in contact with literary agents. Unfortunately, they were all flaming, loud mouthed liberals. From what I've read and been told, the way to get an agent is to follow their tweets and fawn over them. Just couldn't do it, so even though I got the occasional email notice of tweets from people I was following, I haven't posted more than a couple of times, and that was early on.
Now, with the hopefully coming change, I'll check it out more.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:15 pm
srothstein wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:36 pm

I’ve been 99.999% inactive on Facebook for several years now, and have enjoyed using Twitter in the years since. A few months ago, my @TheAnnoyedMan account was permanently suspended without explanation and with no chance of appeal. I’ve been posting ever since as @whamprod. The other day, I tagged @elonmusk in a tweet, asking if I could have my old account restored. We'll see…
i have had to change account names at least 3 times in 6 years because of twitter jail, mostly for things i never posted, but only agreed with.
plus i put the flaming nut on the view, on the carpet for her out and out lie, with proof i posted a rebuttal to her complete lack of knowledge, and i got banned because she filed a mean complaint against me

today musks wants to charge people for the blue check verification...OUTSTANDING idea, because the loons will not pay and then their rants will start to fall by the way side
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

ELB

Post by ELB »

I had a Twitter account but didn’t use it because of all the nonsense. Everybody reposted trumps tweets anyway so I still got to read them. But as soon as Elon took over Ira logged in for the first time in about eight years, and it’s been glorious.
USAF 1982-2005

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Sponsor a lib!

KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Off-Topic”