SCOTUS

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 12

SCOTUS

Post by philip964 »

Draft was leaked, very damaging to trust in court.

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 2

Re: SCOTUS

Post by Chemist45 »

Nah.
Declaring legislation a tax when it clearly is not a tax but a penalty is damaging to trust in the court.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

The baby killers and pedos are freaking out.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Paladin
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Paladin »

anygunanywhere wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:52 am The baby killers and pedos are freaking out.
This. They are going to claim the sky is falling.

The sky is falling, but not for the reasons the baby killers and pedos claim:

Brookings: Low birth rates and below replacement level fertility rates in the U.S. are probably here to stay for the foreseeable future.
This analysis implies that U.S. fertility rates are likely to be considerably below replacement levels for the foreseeable future. This is driven by more than a decade of falling birth rates and declining births at all ages for multiple cohorts of women, not simply the aftermath of the pandemic-induced reduction in births. Furthermore, the simulated fertility rates we report in this essay are similar to those observed in virtually all other high-income countries. This evidence leads us to expect that U.S. birth rates and total completed fertility rates are not likely to rebound any time soon.
If we wish to persist as a species, killing babies is the wrong move.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OneGun »

The deep-state is now attacking SCOTUS!

I believe this was done to influence the mid-term elections!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by K.Mooneyham »

OneGun wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:52 am The deep-state is now attacking SCOTUS!

That's the EXACT reason it was done. The Democrats' terrible ideology & policies caused the economic mess, the border mess, the crime mess, etc, and they therefore cannot run on those things. They've played out the race card, and their other "social issues" like the trans stuff have proven to not be winning hands. So, all they can do is try and rile up their base voters. Democrat voters have proven that they love abortion, so that's a primary motivation to get them to the polls. Then, it's all about the spin which the Democrats' mass news media, Hollywood, and social media machines will amplify for them.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:16 am

That's the EXACT reason it was done. The Democrats' terrible ideology & policies caused the economic mess, the border mess, the crime mess, etc, and they therefore cannot run on those things. They've played out the race card, and their other "social issues" like the trans stuff have proven to not be winning hands. So, all they can do is try and rile up their base voters. Democrat voters have proven that they love abortion, so that's a primary motivation to get them to the polls. Then, it's all about the spin which the Democrats' mass news media, Hollywood, and social media machines will amplify for them.
bingo was him name
pretty easy to see it was planned

i have ask what they meant by post birth abortions?? inst that hmmm murder or assassination of a live person
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

I am hesitant to believe that it was intended to influence the mid-term elections. Here's my logic;

The SCOTUS opinion on these cases would have been released by July at the latest (end of the current SCOTUS session). This is well before the general election in November. Therefore, leaking the information now, or letting it come out thru the normal process would have generated the same result.

I offer the following alternative theory;

This leak was an attempt to influence one or more justices that were barely in the majority of supporting overturning Roe V Wade. The opinion and vote count is not official yet and is subject to change. The leaker may have hoped that public pressure could sway the single vote needed to flip the opinion and uphold Roe V Wade.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

mayor

Post by mayor »

Flightmare wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:43 am

I am hesitant to believe that it was intended to influence the mid-term elections. Here's my logic;

The SCOTUS opinion on these cases would have been released by July at the latest (end of the current SCOTUS session). This is well before the general election in November. Therefore, leaking the information now, or letting it come out thru the normal process would have generated the same result.

This leak was an attempt to influence one or more justices that were barely in the majority of supporting overturning Roe V Wade. The opinion and vote count is not official yet and is subject to change. The leaker may have hoped that public pressure could sway the single vote needed to flip the opinion and uphold Roe V Wade.
I like the squishy justice senario. Influncing the election is bonus points because, this will.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Paladin »

Flightmare wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:43 am

That's the rumor I'm hearing
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

I believe that Flightmare has hit the nail on the head. This is an attempt to garner enough attention and dissent to cause one of the Justices to possibly change their vote. However, I really do not believe that will not happen. What NEEDS to happen is for Roberts to ferret out who the leaker is and if it is a staffer and not one of the Justices, the staffer needs to be immediately fired. If it was one of the Justices, the Chief Justice needs to censure the offender. Supreme Court deliberations are supposed to be private. One scholar I was listening to today stated that this has only occurred twice in well over 100 years. the first was in 1919 and the second was in 1973 regarding the initial RvW ruling.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

AF-Odin wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 6:47 pm I believe that Flightmare has hit the nail on the head. This is an attempt to garner enough attention and dissent to cause one of the Justices to possibly change their vote. However, I really do not believe that will not happen. What NEEDS to happen is for Roberts to ferret out who the leaker is and if it is a staffer and not one of the Justices, the staffer needs to be immediately fired. If it was one of the Justices, the Chief Justice needs to censure the offender. Supreme Court deliberations are supposed to be private. One scholar I was listening to today stated that this has only occurred twice in well over 100 years. the first was in 1919 and the second was in 1973 regarding the initial RvW ruling.
If a staffer, needs to be imprisoned without bail in isolation until trial in a couple years. If a justice, needs to be impeached and removed then the same fate as the staffer.

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

AF-Odin wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 6:47 pm I believe that Flightmare has hit the nail on the head. This is an attempt to garner enough attention and dissent to cause one of the Justices to possibly change their vote. However, I really do not believe that will not happen. What NEEDS to happen is for Roberts to ferret out who the leaker is and if it is a staffer and not one of the Justices, the staffer needs to be immediately fired. If it was one of the Justices, the Chief Justice needs to censure the offender. Supreme Court deliberations are supposed to be private. One scholar I was listening to today stated that this has only occurred twice in well over 100 years. the first was in 1919 and the second was in 1973 regarding the initial RvW ruling.
Roberts is most likely to change his vote to uphold the law in question, but not overturn Roe v Wade.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

White House encourages 'peaceful protests,' won't tell abortion activists to avoid SCOTUS justices' homes

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white- ... tice-homes

Leftist’s doxed the fives home addresses.

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

philip964 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:52 pm White House encourages 'peaceful protests,' won't tell abortion activists to avoid SCOTUS justices' homes

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white- ... tice-homes

Leftist’s doxed the fives home addresses.
18 U.S. Code § 1507 - Picketing or parading

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1507

Return to “Off-Topic”