SCOTUS

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

srothstein
Posts in topic: 3

Re: SCOTUS

Post by srothstein »

I have to admit that I appreciate the SCOTUS's timing. The release the gun rights ruling one day and the liberals go crazy. The very next day they knock it clear out of the news cycle by releasing the abortion ruling that everyone knew was coming. Most of the liberals have completely forgotten anything having to do with guns.
Steve Rothstein

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

tomneal wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:53 am I remember when parents said: "I'll give you something to cry about"

Justice Thomas gets to say: "Gun control is racist" on his birthday
and
the next day
the Supreme Court follows up with overturning Roe v Wade

Libs. are crying NOW!

Next:
Wickard v. Filburn

One can only hope.
Read "Negroes and the Gun" by Nicholas Johnson. Democrats used institutional and non institutional abolishment of armed Blacks for over a century and massacred them when they tried to exercise their rights of self defense and voting.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Paladin
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Paladin »

This boy is truly confused: David Hogg on Roe v. Wade: ‘I’m Mad as Hell and I’m Ready to Protest,’ Blames Putin

He wants to repeal our god given rights to keep and bear arms to save children, but wants this to continue:

Abortion Statistics
-Total number of abortions in the U.S. 1973-2020: 63.6 million+
-186 abortions per 1,000 live births (according to the Centers for Disease Control)
-U.S. Abortions in 2020: ~930,160 (Guttmacher Institute)
-Abortions per day: ~2548 (GI)
Yeah, he needs mental help.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BigGuy »

Paladin wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:58 am This boy is truly confused: David Hogg on Roe v. Wade: ‘I’m Mad as Hell and I’m Ready to Protest,’ Blames Putin

He wants to repeal our god given rights to keep and bear arms to save children, but wants this to continue:

Abortion Statistics
-186 abortions per 1,000 live births (according to the Centers for Disease Control)
Yeah, he needs mental help.
This little creep is nothing more than a publicity whore who's learned that when he licks the lefts's rear end, camera's show up.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

Hypocrisy is rampant within the leftist nutjobs.

Now get ready for the full court press to expand the court with leftist justices.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Rafe »

Paladin wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:58 am Abortion Statistics
And note that those statistics include only surgical/medical abortions. The numbers don't include pregnancy terminations via abortifacients (drugs that induce or cause abortions). Last night on Hannity the number tossed around was that, in the U.S., about 55% of all abortions were the result of abortifacients. I don't have any hard data on that.

More disturbing, I also hadn't realized that, in some states, there is no limitation on abortion regarding the length of term of pregnancy, that a woman could literally be in the hospital, in labor, and decide at that point to abort.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Rafe wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:50 am
Paladin wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:58 am Abortion Statistics
And note that those statistics include only surgical/medical abortions. The numbers don't include pregnancy terminations via abortifacients (drugs that induce or cause abortions). Last night on Hannity the number tossed around was that, in the U.S., about 55% of all abortions were the result of abortifacients. I don't have any hard data on that.

More disturbing, I also hadn't realized that, in some states, there is no limitation on abortion regarding the length of term of pregnancy, that a woman could literally be in the hospital, in labor, and decide at that point to abort.
You are completely correct. That website gives an estimate of over 610 million chemical abortions... That means that in modern generations the majority of children were aborted before birth. US birth rate is currently well below replacement rate. Like ancient Sparta, our nation is actually in the process of destroying itself through infanticide and people like Hogg are protesting that the self induced destruction of our nation might be stopped in some states. Total insanity.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 12

Post by powerboatr »

well i have a hard over beyond sane lefty sister that lives in co
she had a complete meltdown friday
she was upset her daughter could no long use contraceptives?? so my smart rear said...i will mail you box of condoms for the girl. maybe read the courts ruling instead of watching cnn
why not use bc pills or learn to read colorado law about birth control and abortion is not birth control,

she hung up.
probably go another 5 years before she calls me back. i see it as a win win
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

High school football coach scores big win at Supreme Court over post-game prayer

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/high-s ... ame-prayer

HS coach prayed after each game on 50 yd line quietly to him self in the state of Washington.

He was told to stop, he didn’t and was fired.

Double win, prayer is free speech. Government is not required to ferret out religious speech by its employees.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Breaking News:

Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong says he'll renounce his US citizenship over Roe decision
https://abc13.com/billie-joe-armstrong- ... /11998421/
LONDON -- Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong has told fans at a concert that he intends to renounce his United States citizenship following the US Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe v. Wade -- a controversial move that eliminates the federal constitutional right to abortion nationwide.

During a performance as part of the band's Hella Mega tour at the London Stadium in the UK on Friday, Armstrong expressed his frustration as he told the crowd: "[Unprintable] America. I'm [unprintable] renouncing my citizenship. I'm [unprintable] coming here."

Ohmygosh! Whatever will the United States do without recovering drug addict Billie Joe Armstrong living here? I just...can't imagine it!

Remember all the "celebrities" who swore they were leaving the U.S. if Trump won in 2016? Did any of them actually leave and renounce their citizenship? Odious idiots...

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

Rafe wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:57 pm Breaking News:

Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong says he'll renounce his US citizenship over Roe decision
LONDON -- Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong has told fans at a concert that he intends to renounce his United States citizenship following the US Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe v. Wade -- a controversial move that eliminates the federal constitutional right to abortion nationwide.

During a performance as part of the band's Hella Mega tour at the London Stadium in the UK on Friday, Armstrong expressed his frustration as he told the crowd: "[Unprintable] America. I'm [unprintable] renouncing my citizenship. I'm [unprintable] coming here."

Ohmygosh! Whatever will the United States do without recovering drug addict Billie Joe Armstrong living here? I just...can't imagine it!

Remember all the "celebrities" who swore they were leaving the U.S. if Trump won in 2016? Did any of them actually leave and renounce their citizenship? Odious idiots...
Buh-bye

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

wheelgun1958 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:15 pm

Buh-bye

and.....NEVER HEARD Of him :biggrinjester:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

wheelgun1958 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:15 pm

Buh-bye
:iagree:

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Stephen Breyer has made it official. He notified the White House today that his retirement from SCOTUS will be effective tomorrow, June 30, as of 11:00 a.m. Central time. He will be replaced by Ketanji Brown Jackson.

So one "the Constitution isn't absolute" judge gets replaced by another.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/suprem ... 1bt1,hp1bt

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/mortons-flooded- ... 06339.html

Kavanaugh was eating at a Morton's Steak House when protestors invaded the restaurant and I think he had to escape out the back.

Morton's restaurant owner told the press that the Supreme Court Justice had the right to eat his dinner in peace.

Well now the restaurant is in the cross hairs of the vile left as well. The restaurant is being flooded with fake reservations and harassing phone calls.

This is the new up side down America.

Return to “Off-Topic”