Former Japanese PM Abe Shot Dead During Speech

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Former Japanese PM Abe Shot Dead During Speech

Post by Paladin »

Japan is a "gun free" police state... and "gun control" fails again:

Former Japanese PM Abe Shot Dead During Speech, Assassin Arrested
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

n5wmk

Re: Former Japanese PM Abe Shot Dead During Speech

Post by n5wmk »

"Home made shotgun." Interesting. Just goes to show, no matter how strict a country's gun laws may be, that if a deranged person is determined enough, the end goal will be accomplished.
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

12 GA. PLUMBING WATER PIPES MAY SOON NEED BACKGROUND CHECKS PRIOR TO PURCHASE

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by BigGuy »

ShotGun.png
From a Facebook page I follow. Supposedly the home made shotgun used to kill the PM.

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

BigGuy wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:27 pm ShotGun.png

From a Facebook page I follow. Supposedly the home made shotgun used to kill the PM.
Yes. Metal tubes, duck tape, wood... probably black power, judging by all the smoke.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

Paladin wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:00 pm
BigGuy wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:27 pm ShotGun.png

Yes. Metal tubes, duck tape, wood... probably black power, judging by all the smoke.
On another forum I belong too, somebody posted a better side shot of it. It had a pistol grip and what looked like batteries. They speculated, on the other forum, that the ignition was electric arc.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Not to complement a villain so horrible, but you could understand he was quite skilled at making guns.

Found in his house being carried by police after the assassination.
Attachments
AC0254F9-CEF1-4C44-AC54-9FE486F1275A.jpeg

n5wmk

Post by n5wmk »

A bit of an analysis of the construction of the shotgun by Mark Serbu on YouTube
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Has the projectile been determined?

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

NotRPB wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:54 am 12 GA. PLUMBING WATER PIPES MAY SOON NEED BACKGROUND CHECKS PRIOR TO PURCHASE
Don't give the ATF any ideas. They are already trying to regulate pieces of plastic (80% lowers / Bump stocks) that are incapable of discharging a projectile.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

In theory, a spring loaded nail, a piece of the appropriate diameter metal pipe, and a shotgun shell seems like all one would need. That plus some type of handle.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

An American friend of mine was shot in London after a pub brawl by a thug armed with a very similar weapon. Very fortunately, he was running away from the fight and was wearing a very heavy leather coat, and had opened up enough distance that the shot never broke any skin. It just left him with a nasty bruise in the middle of his back. England is, of course, another example of a country with very restrictive gun laws; and my friend's incident just one more example of how futile such laws are at disarming criminals, while being very effective at disarming decent people.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

philip964

Post by philip964 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:13 am An American friend of mine was shot in London after a pub brawl by a thug armed with a very similar weapon. Very fortunately, he was running away from the fight and was wearing a very heavy leather coat, and had opened up enough distance that the shot never broke any skin. It just left him with a nasty bruise in the middle of his back. England is, of course, another example of a country with very restrictive gun laws; and my friend's incident just one more example of how futile such laws are at disarming criminals, while being very effective at disarming decent people.
I remember I think a Guy Richie film set in London. It was a Crime/drama/comedy. It seemed to have lots of people with guns and pig farms, and in one more amusing scene, a guy drew his replica gun on a guy with a real gun. The real gun guy then drew his weapon and said something like " my gun says Desert Eagle on the side, what does yours say?"

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

philip964 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:01 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:13 am An American friend of mine was shot in London after a pub brawl by a thug armed with a very similar weapon. Very fortunately, he was running away from the fight and was wearing a very heavy leather coat, and had opened up enough distance that the shot never broke any skin. It just left him with a nasty bruise in the middle of his back. England is, of course, another example of a country with very restrictive gun laws; and my friend's incident just one more example of how futile such laws are at disarming criminals, while being very effective at disarming decent people.
I remember I think a Guy Richie film set in London. It was a Crime/drama/comedy. It seemed to have lots of people with guns and pig farms, and in one more amusing scene, a guy drew his replica gun on a guy with a real gun. The real gun guy then drew his weapon and said something like " my gun says Desert Eagle on the side, what does yours say?"
That was Jason Statham in "Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels." https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120735/

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:35 pm
NotRPB wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:54 am 12 GA. PLUMBING WATER PIPES MAY SOON NEED BACKGROUND CHECKS PRIOR TO PURCHASE
Don't give the ATF any ideas. They are already trying to regulate pieces of plastic (80% lowers / Bump stocks) that are incapable of discharging a projectile.
cylindrical coils of metal (springs) may be next

Return to “Off-Topic”