Tested Positive for Covid

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Tested Positive for Covid

Post by anygunanywhere »

Mrs AGAW is on hydroxychloroquine for her arthritis. Her PCP gave her some supplements and she feels fine.

I’m fever free today and cough only every now and then.

Thanks again my brothers!
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by NotRPB »

NOT SURE IF YOU HEARD OF THIS
FAMOTIDINE AND THE STUDIES (PEPCID AC)
https://www.google.com/search?q=COVID+P ... s-wiz-serp
DISCLAIMER
I AM NOT A DOCTOR, LAWYER , BAKER, OR CANDLE STICK MAKER, NOR DO I PLAY THEM ON TV

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opin ... omes-68026

https://www.pepcid.com/covid-19-update# ... t-covid-19

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

powerboatr wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:34 pm i got it 31 dec
was sick as a dog for 2 days high fever, no taste, no eat. shivered so bad my skin was red hot, for 3 or 4 hrs
ear infection came back and was discharging a smelly something
did the at home free test 2 of 3 were positive, 4th box was missing key parts :rules:
went to va for ear infection got dosed hard with amoxicyllin for ears, she did a covid test as well....oddly they did not seem overly worried
we got vaxed last year but no booster
doc gave me more vit d and multi vit with zinc, along with sinus rinse,
still have the uncommanded cough
and no beer since 31st... taste is still off i have depleted my texas pete hot sauce supply :thumbs2:
have lost over 6 pounds :woohoo

pray for your recovery
this one knocked me back, had to pick it up on the fast trip to south florida the 4 days before i got sick
grand child is healthy , wife is healthy so what ever we did to isolate worked.
That's funny, I tested positive on New Years Day. Pretty sure I caught it when I went out to a bar the Friday before NYE. Stupid. This is actually my first time testing positive. I've had the vac' and I believe one booster. I didn't even think I had COVID other than I had a cough and a 12 hour fever the first day. I was negative in under a week. Also found out that the expiration dates for the home test kits must be short and two boxes that I had yielded negative results for me.

Not to belittle either situation of being vac'd or not. I honestly don't think being vac'd is a "shield" to protecting you. Nor do I believe that tht naturally immunity will protect you or that it's no worse than the flu; I had a good friend of mine die from the flu. Be safe out there, hope you recover quickly.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by powerboatr »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:04 am
powerboatr wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:34 pm i got it 31 dec
was sick as a dog for 2 days high fever, no taste, no eat. shivered so bad my skin was red hot, for 3 or 4 hrs
ear infection came back and was discharging a smelly something
did the at home free test 2 of 3 were positive, 4th box was missing key parts :rules:
went to va for ear infection got dosed hard with amoxicyllin for ears, she did a covid test as well....oddly they did not seem overly worried
we got vaxed last year but no booster
doc gave me more vit d and multi vit with zinc, along with sinus rinse,
still have the uncommanded cough
and no beer since 31st... taste is still off i have depleted my texas pete hot sauce supply :thumbs2:
have lost over 6 pounds :woohoo

pray for your recovery
this one knocked me back, had to pick it up on the fast trip to south florida the 4 days before i got sick
grand child is healthy , wife is healthy so what ever we did to isolate worked.
That's funny, I tested positive on New Years Day. Pretty sure I caught it when I went out to a bar the Friday before NYE. Stupid. This is actually my first time testing positive. I've had the vac' and I believe one booster. I didn't even think I had COVID other than I had a cough and a 12 hour fever the first day. I was negative in under a week. Also found out that the expiration dates for the home test kits must be short and two boxes that I had yielded negative results for me.

Not to belittle either situation of being vac'd or not. I honestly don't think being vac'd is a "shield" to protecting you. Nor do I believe that tht naturally immunity will protect you or that it's no worse than the flu; I had a good friend of mine die from the flu. Be safe out there, hope you recover quickly.
the nagging cough out of the blue is getting reallllllly old
gum, cough drops and lots of water help.
agree about vax or not or boosted or not ..or immunity ..
to many factors to settle on one
i think its just like flu or cold, some get it and some dont
we do not have a large number of people in our orbit so i figured the south florida trip and exposure to lots of people from all over probably is what got me
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Had a sudden headache, stuffy nose and then sniffles Thursday evening and thought I was coming down with it. Nope! tested twice and both were negative. My daughter is an RN at two different hospitals and said there are myriad viruses going around that aren't Covid or flu. Must be something the Chinese dreamed up and bring over on their airliners to disperse while they dump fuel. LOL
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by powerboatr »

puma guy wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:58 pm Had a sudden headache, stuffy nose and then sniffles Thursday evening and thought I was coming down with it. Nope! tested twice and both were negative. My daughter is an RN at two different hospitals and said there are myriad viruses going around that aren't Covid or flu. Must be something the Chinese dreamed up and bring over on their airliners to disperse while they dump fuel. LOL
thats actually refreshing,
not the fuel part
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

I tested positive a week ago. Mostly asymptomatic, might have sneezed almost 6 times over the course of a couple days. Three days later I tested clean again.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Return to “Off-Topic”