Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 4

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Post by philip964 »

Apparently the NYT and Wapo hate him more than Trump.

Not sure where he stands on anything but the Covid vaccine.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 51943.html

Supposedly against gun control and blames school shootings on drugs.

My concern is he would sweep Dem congress members into office who might have different views.

Interesting Trump VP pick.

oohrah
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Post by oohrah »

crazy as a loon.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Attempted assassination attempt by heavily armed man posing as US Marshall, and part of his security detail, was thwarted before he got near his target by his private security. In LA of all places.

Brandon has refused to give him secret Service protection.

Would Trump gotten away with the press silence on this and everything else.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by powerboatr »

what would be gained by his death/murder etc?
he is not eligible for secret service detail he is not the candidate and all that jazz
he is not the candidate. period while a terrible event. WE the people are not required to provide security
just because he is a kennedy does not warrant protections.

his own security was breached by a guy being his security that was pretending to be a us marshall??
"
"Robert Kennedy Jr 'assassination scare' as 'heavily-armed man' breaches security
The suspect attempted to approach the Democratic presidential candidate at his Hispanic Heritage speech on Friday.
By Jacob Paul
12:18 ET, Sat, Sep 16, 2023 | UPDATED: 16:14 ET, Sat, Sep 16, 2023
Bookmark
RFK explains why he thinks the CIA killed his uncle JFK

Robert Kennedy Jr reportedly faced an assassination scare after a heavily armed man posing as his security entered his campaign event on Friday.

The suspect was allegedly carrying two holstered weapons and a US Marshals badge when he entered the Wilshire Ebell Theatre in Los Angeles.

He was wearing protective gear and had two spare ammunition magazines in his possession, it has been reported.

He reportedly claimed he was part of Kennedy’s security detail when Federal ID approached him. Los Angeles Police later confirmed that a man was arrested for posing as a federal agent.

Now, the unnamed man is likely to be charged with impersonating a police officer or federal agent and possibly unlawful possession of firearm.

The unnamed man was arrested in LA outside the campaign event (Image: @teamkennedy2020/TikTok)

The White House allegedly turned down RFK Jr's request for Secret Service protection in July.

The Democratic candidate's family has a tragic history of assassinations.

President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in 1963, and Sen. Robert F. Kennedy — the current candidate’s father — was assassinated in 1968 in LA after he won the California Democratic presidential primary.

Unnamed suspect
The suspect was posing as security, reports claim (Image: RobertKennedyJr/X)

But according to the US Secret Service website, protection is only provided to presidential candidates starting 120 days prior to the general election.

This means RFK Jr won’t be eligible for protection until July 2024.

He wrote on X: "Since the assassination of my father in 1968, candidates for president are provided Secret Service protection. But not me."
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Post by srothstein »

powerboatr wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:02 pm what would be gained by his death/murder etc?
he is not eligible for secret service detail he is not the candidate and all that jazz
he is not the candidate. period while a terrible event. WE the people are not required to provide security

his own security was breached by a guy being his security that was pretending to be a us marshall??
Two minor technical corrections, but one is definitely a factor in the decision on protection. At this point in time, there is not a singular "the candidate". I certainly hope our country never degenerates far enough for there to be just one person as "the candidate". There is not even one for the Democratic party. He is a candidate for president. My most important question on whether he is being treated differently than he should be is if ANY candidate (other than the sitting president running for re-election) gets secret service protection. If one does, they all should. If none of the others do, neither should he.

The second point is just to clarify your last sentence that I quoted. His security was breached by an armed man pretending to be a Deputy US Marshall claiming to be on his security team. He was not a real deputy nor was he really on the security team (at least according to the news reports).
Steve Rothstein

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

srothstein wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:52 pm
powerboatr wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:02 pm what would be gained by his death/murder etc?

Two minor technical corrections, but one is definitely a factor in the decision on protection. At this point in time, there is not a singular "the candidate". I certainly hope our country never degenerates far enough for there to be just one person as "the candidate". There is not even one for the Democratic party. He is a candidate for president. My most important question on whether he is being treated differently than he should be is if ANY candidate (other than the sitting president running for re-election) gets secret service protection. If one does, they all should. If none of the others do, neither should he.

The second point is just to clarify your last sentence that I quoted. His security was breached by an armed man pretending to be a Deputy US Marshall claiming to be on his security team. He was not a real deputy nor was he really on the security team (at least according to the news reports).
yup
i was trying to be brief.

agreed about security protections if one gets its they all should .
but secret service protections is only set up according to them at the 120 day mark for the candidates , 120 days out from election. i seem to remember maybe some got it earlier in the past

but still agree if one gets it all should. no question.
we are far removed from the 120 day mark. i sure hope all the candidates have good security

and what was this guys purpose?
is the CIA boiled because kennedy wont let go of what a good number of people believe about his fathers murder as well as JFKs murder.
i found it very strange or then again....maybe it was a ploy of sorts ???
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Obama received Secret Service protection this early in his campaign, by the Bush Administration.

Brandon as usual has made a bad decision, he risks a great deal by denying the request.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

philip964 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:56 pm Obama received Secret Service protection this early in his campaign, by the Bush Administration.

Brandon as usual has made a bad decision, he risks a great deal by denying the request.
i was unaware of this...wonder why he got it early...he was not even the dnc choice at that time

but if joe gives kennedy protection, then they all get it right ?

may of 07 . still not sept of 06
https://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/04/us/p ... obama.html

oh because he got a death threat and he was a senator??? what a load of muffins :biggrinjester: bit still way outside the 120 day mark.
i guess they felt at odds becasue hillary had a detail being a former first woman

there was a lot going on 2000- 2007 hillary had already killed JFK JR so she could be a senator etc

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

powerboatr wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:28 pm
philip964 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:56 pm Obama received Secret Service protection this early in his campaign, by the Bush Administration.

i was unaware of this...wonder why he got it early...he was not even the dnc choice at that time

but if joe gives kennedy protection, then they all get it right ?

may of 07 . still not sept of 06
https://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/04/us/p ... obama.html

oh because he got a death threat and he was a senator??? what a load of muffins :biggrinjester: bit still way outside the 120 day mark.
i guess they felt at odds becasue hillary had a detail being a former first woman

there was a lot going on 2000- 2007 hillary had already killed JFK JR so she could be a senator etc
Imagine if the first black presidential candidate was assassinated after Bush refused Secret Service protection.

Now imagine if the third Kennedy is assassinated running for President after Brandon turned down Secret Service protection.

Oh yeah Brandon wouldn’t care and the MSM would blame guns and use it as a reason to ban guns.

Return to “Off-Topic”