Wanted: West Houston Election Clerks (no experience needed)

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Wanted: West Houston Election Clerks (no experience needed)

Post by Vol Texan »

Well, it's election time again, and as the presiding judge over my local west Houston precinct, I get to pick my staff for election day, 7 November. As always, I like to extend this invitation here on the forum to attract like-minded folks to join me for the day.

It is a paid position (including pay for the required online training beforehand). We'll be in the middle of our Energy Corridor neighborhood, and we'll be working a 12-hour day (with breaks, of course). And yes, it's a polling place, and it's inside an elementary school, so all poll workers are required to be unarmed. But rest assured that your Presiding Judge (that's me!) is allowed to legally carry my .40 cal, and I'll be doing so all day long.

The only requirement is that you're a registered voter in Harris county. If you're interested in joining me for the day, please send me a PM (or send an email to Chris (at) HoustonLTC (dot) com, and I'll get you the info for the required election clerk training (I believe it's about an hour or so).

And finally, while we may have strong political preferences (I know that I do!), once the polls open we'll be duty-bound to keep our politics checked at the door. We're only there to make sure all those who should vote, can vote - with no outside influence from anyone else, ourselves included. Mine is a hard (R) precinct here in west Houston, but we'll get folks all day long who work in the area, and we want to make sure every legal voter who comes to see us gets a chance to exercise their civic duty!
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

LDB415
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wanted: West Houston Election Clerks (no experience needed)

Post by LDB415 »

If I was 20 years younger (and lighter). Good luck with it.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Wanted: West Houston Election Clerks (no experience needed)

Post by Vol Texan »

LDB415 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:25 am If I was 20 years younger (and lighter). Good luck with it.
Would be good to see you again, Leo!
(We do need to re-start our breakfasts here in Houston again. Just not on Fridays - I have an office job now!)
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Return to “Off-Topic”