WHAT IS FOR CHRISTMAS DINNER

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 10

WHAT IS FOR CHRISTMAS DINNER

Post by carlson1 »

ImageI am NOT a food critic. I would never criticize God’s manna. I would be interesting in seeing what you have planned for your Christmas Meal.

I am going to smoke a Prime Rib. It has been over a year since I have been able to fire up my smoker because of my extra health problems this year. However on Monday morning this goes in the smoker with Salt, Pepper and garlic. Smoking slow at 250 degrees.

Picture (my first homemade meme :lol: )

Mel
Posts in topic: 1

Re: WHAT IS FOR CHRISTMAS DINNER

Post by Mel »

I don't favor turkey or ham. We have Lasagna every Christmas.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

We’re doing breakfast this year. Bacon, eggs and biscuits and gravy! 😛
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

C-dub
Posts in topic: 8

Post by C-dub »

I'm doing a 9lb bone in Prime Rib that should start out looking like this before it goes in the Egg.
It should come out looking like this.
Mrs. Dub is doing scalloped potatoes from scratch, sautéed brussel sprout halves, and stuffed mushrooms. Mother in Law is making an apple salad.

I did two small boneless prime ribs last year. Two different rubs and both turned out pretty good for my first smoked prime ribs. I saw this recipe a couple months ago and decided to just go with this one big one this year.

My whole smoked turkey at Thanksgiving turned out good. It wasn't pretty, but the flavor was good. Well, it looked better before I butchered it up trying to carve it. :oops:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

We are having tamales Sunday night and I will put a ham on to smoke Sunday night. Son in law wants some lessons on his new smoker. I had him season it last weekend
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

C-dub wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:40 pm I'm doing a 9lb bone in Prime Rib that should start out looking like this before it goes in the Egg.
Mrs. Dub is doing scalloped potatoes from scratch, sautéed brussel sprout halves, and stuffed mushrooms. Mother in Law is making an apple salad.

I did two small boneless prime ribs last year. Two different rubs and both turned out pretty good for my first smoked prime ribs. I saw this recipe a couple months ago and decided to just go with this one big one this year.

My whole smoked turkey at Thanksgiving turned out good. It wasn't pretty, but the flavor was good. Well, it looked better before I butchered it up trying to carve it. :oops:
I use salt, pepper and garlic. What did you use?

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Keith B wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:59 pm We’re doing breakfast this year. Bacon, eggs and biscuits and gravy! 😛
I love breakfast anytime. We are going to start out Monday morning with biscuits, eggs, bacon and grits. If not that it will be biscuits with whole hog sausage and gravy. I am hoping for the second.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

RPBrown wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:52 pm We are having tamales Sunday night and I will put a ham on to smoke Sunday night. Son in law wants some lessons on his new smoker. I had him season it last weekend
That sounds really good. We have always done tamales. This year I thought about something different. I didn’t know how many people had the same prime rib ideal. I like El Finex’s pork tamales. Where do you buy yours or do make them?

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

We are having the most exquisite Christmas dinner ever. A spiral ham, store bought scalloped potatoes and tamales. My wife fell on Wednesday and broke her hip, had surgery late last night. We are very thankful that it was a minor fracture and she gets to come home tomorrow (Christmas Eve). Bought the ham last week, bought the tamales a few weeks back as well. Had planned on a regular traditional Christmas dinner, but that’s not going to happen. So we are celebrating the answered prayers of her only having a minor fracture and coming home in time for Christmas. Just everyone being here together is our feast. Celebrating and exchanging gifts. And honestly. There ain’t nothing like a yummy ham sandwich 👍
Merry Christmas to all of you on this blessed day of celebrating the birth of our dear lord and savior Jesus Christ. May all of you find happiness and peace and health this season and coming year. God bless.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 8

Post by C-dub »

carlson1 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:01 pm
C-dub wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:40 pm I'm doing a 9lb bone in Prime Rib that should start out looking like this before it goes in the Egg.

That is also what will go on before I smear the butter concoction on. In that will be thyme, rosemary, basil, red pepper flakes, & lemon juice. All mixed in a food processor and then smeared on like icing on a cake. My first time doing it this way.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Red beans and made with ham shanks and andouille sausage. I’m cooking it on Sunday for Christmas Day dinner because it's always better the second day!

JRG
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JRG »

My oldest daughter does a great scrambled egg and sausage meal every year. Looking forward to it again!

Joe

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

C-dub wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:59 pm
carlson1 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:01 pm

That is also what will go on before I smear the butter concoction on. In that will be thyme, rosemary, basil, red pepper flakes, & lemon juice. All mixed in a food processor and then smeared on like icing on a cake. My first time doing it this way.
Sounds great. You have to give a report.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Grayling813 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:33 pm Red beans and made with ham shanks and andouille sausage. I’m cooking it on Sunday for Christmas Day dinner because it's always better the second day!
All that is missing is some hot water cornbread and then I would hurt myself.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

JRG wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:06 am My oldest daughter does a great scrambled egg and sausage meal every year. Looking forward to it again!

Joe
Sounds good to me and you have your daughter. We will be by our self this year.

Return to “Off-Topic”