Can the USPS get any worse?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Sidro
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Can the USPS get any worse?

Post by Sidro »

Lately 1 out of 3 packages make side trips somewhere else before getting to my place. Mail to my house routes thru Ft. Worth and on to me 165 miles away. Most side trips leave Ft. Worth at 9:30 pm on the way to who knows where before going back to Ft. Worth and then to me. It shows to be in transit but no longer shows what town or towns it has visited before coming to me. When delivery is right mail and packages leave there around 3:30 am and make it to my house sometime that morning.
One package left Abilene and saw Ft. Worth 4 times with 3 separate other towns in between Ft. Worth returns before getting to me. They are losing money each year but paying big bonuses to regional Postmasters each year. Have kinfolks who supposedly was injured on job (knee surgery) with them and has been drawing comp (unable to perform job) for 9 years. She was able to buy $350,000 house in that time and go and do whatever she wanted to. She did not have the money to do anything before injury. She has reached early retirement age now and is going off comp and being retired with full benefits while not working a single day in last nine years.
USPS needs an overhaul but I fear it will only get worse.

Greybeard
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Can the USPS get any worse?

Post by Greybeard »

Guy I trust mailed a check to me from Lewisville (next town over) on Feb. 11. Still have not received. Similar has happened before and it eventually arrived in plastic bag and damage to envelope. I mailed a drawing from Flower Mound on Saturday to a banner making outfit in California. They got it and e-mailed me a proof on Tuesday. Go figure.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Return to “Off-Topic”