health/fitness??

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
htxred
Posts in topic: 2

health/fitness??

Post by htxred »

anyone live a health/fitness lifestyle?

i used to weigh around 262 lbs back in september of 2004, i started a journey to drop some weight and by sept 2005 i hit my 100lb mark and went to vegas to celebrate weighting 157lbs for the first time, what i mean by that is i've never in my life before seen that number on the scale.

the following months i cut myself up and gave myself a 6 pack, may of 2006 i met the love of my life, and ever since we moved in together i gained weight back and am a big potato now... i wouldnt call it a rebound, i just stopped making it a priority.

anyways, now i find myself with the rest of the cattle (no offense) trying to get back in shape, but as it was before, its hard when your SO doesnt have the same views as you when it comes to eating healthy vs eating smart, workin gout regularly, not being an emotional eater, etc.

Kalrog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: health/fitness??

Post by Kalrog »

I think it would have to defined exactly what you mean by that. I too used to weigh a bunch more than was healthy. 285 just before my son was born. Dropped down to a low of about 205 and held between 205 and 210 (fairly healthy weight for a 6'3" guy) for several years. Over the past year or two I have crept back up to near 220 (since a hernia operation) and I am starting to make weight/eating more of a priority. The exercise has always been there but that has slacked off some as well and is in the rebound phase to get back into better shape. I still run and I bike, but I haven't done an ultramarathon in nearly 2 years. I'm doing the MS150 in about a month so that is my current motivator, but I need more. I would love to get down to 180, but I don't know if that will really happen. 200 will.

Topic author
htxred
Posts in topic: 2

Post by htxred »

im only 5' 6 1/2", gotta make sure the 1/2 is there. lol so at 262, i was a big round asian guy lol. the thought of getting below 200 never crossed my mind til i got down to 200 and shot for more. so if 180 is a goal, i dont see why it cant be done. but extreme goals takes extreme measures. be sure to fuel your body with nutrients and rest and i dont see why you cant do it. IMO theres no such thing as over training, only under eating/resting :)

gregthehand

Post by gregthehand »

I've recenlty lost 40 lbs and gained a little back over the holidays. Now I'm back on my diet and excersise program and hope to get back down to my lightest weight ever within this year. It will take a lot of dedication as to get there I'll have to shead around 80-90 lbs!
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

I have shed 70 pounds since October. I stopped eating processed foods, enrolled in the Police academy, and began a five day per week routine that keeps me moving in the right direction. My resting pulse rate in the morning is now in the 40's and my blood pressure averages 112/70 with no medication.

I decided at the birth of my daughter that I wanted to stick around and watch her grow up. Continuing my eating habits would have been selfish and destructive.

My condition prior to her being born would not have allowed me to live past the age of 50 (if I was lucky). I am currenty 222 pounds and plan to hold at 200. I feel better than I ever have and can run 5 miles while carrying on a conversation.

Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

Rokyudai

Post by Rokyudai »

No...

I have thoughts that run through my mind and even THEY are winded...I need to get my tubby CENSORED in gear. :mrgreen:
NRA Benefactor Member

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

jbirds1210 wrote:I have shed 70 pounds since October.
Oh, man. I won't even recognize you!

Congratulations!
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “Off-Topic”