Where should I live?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

locknload
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Where should I live?

Post by locknload »

KBCraig wrote:
locknload wrote:3. Property taxes over the whole state are out of sight and climbing, because we support the illegals and the education of their children through property taxes. Illegals are a huge burden and have created an enormous crime wave.
Everyone pays property taxes, even illegal immigrants who rent shacks.

You can't blame immigrants for our home-grown legislators' state mandates to schools, nor decisions by local school boards and voters, which have pushed education spending to more than $8,000 per student, per year.

Illegal immigrants don't vote for new football stadiums. They don't vote for bond issues to finance huge new administration buildings.

Property taxes can be blamed on Texans.
Actually, the illegals in our town get government subsidized apartments, especially if they have kids born in the US. They get welfare, free food, food stamps, free education for their children, Pell Grants for college age children, free clothing, free medical care, free birthing for their children, Social Security payments, Aid to Dependent Children, tax free income, and a host of other freebees. They buy autos from individuals, pay cash and just never get around to re-registering them. Then, they steal current plates, etc. and don't bother to get insurance.

When I used to hire illegal lawn men, I asked one of them if he was legal. He proudly told me that he was not, but his wife was having a baby that would be a legal US citizen, so that they could qualify for even more benefits than they were already getting because of the children that they already had. I, then, asked him if he were planning on becoming a US citizen. He told me that neither he, nor his wife, would become citizens, as they could not afford to pay taxes and insurance that would be required of them. Also, he said they would no longer get the free benefits that I listed above, so his $46,000, tax free, that he makes per year mowing lawns, when combined with his wife's $36,000 tax free income, just would not be enough for his family to live on, . How many legal US citizens would just love to have $82,000 per year AFTER taxes?!!! :mad5 :mad5 :mad5

I stifled my anger and asked where he thought the money came from that provided so well for his family. He said, "The US government, she good to my babies." I then asked where he thought the US government got the money? He said that he didn't know. Then, I told him that it came out of the pockets of people, like me, who can't afford the nice things he has, because our taxes are so high because freeloading illegals come here to rape, murder, and rob us! :mad5 :mad5 :mad5

Oh, BTW, this miracle of genetic engineering also told me that he learned how to come here and get all these benefits from a brochure that the Mexican government was handing out in his remote mountain village that even told them how to cross into the US SAFELY!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Forum Rule 11 wrote:11. Off-topic posts/threads: We have an experimental off-topic forum. Since they tend to cause the most problems for other boards, our "off-topic" sub-forum is not an "anything goes" area. Absolutely no discussions of religion, immigration/border security, abortion, race matters, or any other hot-button political issues. (Gun-related political issues can be discussed in other areas.)

LarryH
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LarryH »

Getting back to the original topic, Longview (KGGG) is 233 miles from New Iberia (KARA). Tyler (KTYR) is just outside your radius at 262 miles. That part of Texas is very pretty.

Return to “Off-Topic”