Coupons

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 3

Coupons

Post by Venus Pax »

I've recently started couponing in the last few months. After meeting up with pro-couponers, I've learned that you can really save a good deal of money on groceries, hygiene, and household products. For those of you that wish to purchase more guns, but refuse to use credit (like me), this might be a quicker method of savings for you.

www.couponmom.com
www.thegrocerygame.com

Coupon Mom is free. The Grocery Game has a nominal fee. Try Coupon Mom first. I was able to cut $25 off of my $60 bill at CVS yesterday, and I've even gotten Kroger to pay me for mustard.

I hope this isn't too far off topic; I've read several posts about how many people would like to be able to afford more guns, ammo, equipment, or training. You buy groceries, hygiene products and household products anyway; you may as well cut your costs.

If you have any questions, let me know. You can add questions to the thread or PM me.
I don't pay for anything but the Sunday paper, so it's not costing me anything. Also, I don't buy things that I don't use already, so I'm not wasting money either.

Just something to think about.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Coupons

Post by KC5AV »

Great idea. My wife and I have recently gotten rid of credit cards (thank you, Dave Ramsey), and we've talked about coupons a little bit lately. I know some areas make it more worthwhile than others, but it could be worth investigating.
NRA lifetime member

JLaw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JLaw »

KC5AV wrote:Great idea. My wife and I have recently gotten rid of credit cards (thank you, Dave Ramsey), and we've talked about coupons a little bit lately. I know some areas make it more worthwhile than others, but it could be worth investigating.
Glad to hear I'm not the only "weird" one!!! ;-) Dave is one smart man.

Venus Pax- Thanks for the links, Mrs. JLaw and I are couponer's also, they save lots of money. Of course instead of saving the extra money for guns we're buying diapers at the moment. We have gotten pretty good at double & triple couponing items that are already on sale at Kroger. Haven't been paid for any mustard yet though!

JLaw
Six for sure.

Topic author
Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

KC5AV wrote:Great idea. My wife and I have recently gotten rid of credit cards (thank you, Dave Ramsey), and we've talked about coupons a little bit lately. I know some areas make it more worthwhile than others, but it could be worth investigating.
We followed his plan & got out of debt too. Dh listens to his program often.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Topic author
Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

JLaw wrote:Haven't been paid for any mustard yet though!

JLaw
French's mustard is on sale for 99 cents right now. Look in your coupon stash. You may have one coupon for 30 cents off, and another one that is a BOGO (buy one get one free). If you buy two mustards, the 30 cent coupon triples, and you get the first one for 9 cents. Kroger will credit you the regular price for the free one, which will be around $1.50. This way, they're paying you roughly $1.40 to take two bottles of mustard. If you won't use them or think they may go bad before you do, put one or both in the food pantry bin on the way out.

This kind of thing doesn't happen often; I try not to pass up a smokin' deal.

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KC5AV »

Venus Pax wrote:
We followed his plan & got out of debt too. Dh listens to his program often.
I have several days worth of podcasts in the queue... listening right now, in fact.
NRA lifetime member

gregthehand
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gregthehand »

While I don't get to shop at HEB anymore since they used to have a good practice. They would put coupons on the shelves by what was on sale. I would use them and I often saved around $20-$30. I don't use them much now because I don't buy too many groceries.

Dave Ramsey is the man! I listen to him almost everyday!
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

Return to “Off-Topic”