Texas Motor Speedway

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
grandpatim
Posts in topic: 1

Texas Motor Speedway

Post by grandpatim »

My wife and I are planning on going to the Nascar race there in April. Can anyone tell me where the best seats are for the money? Also is it possible to see the entire track? Right now we are looking at tickets on the backstretch due to the lower cost. Also I have been told it takes longer to get out of the parking lot after the race than it takes to run the race. Any truth to this?

Thanks in advance
Tim

RKirby

Re: Texas Motor Speedway

Post by RKirby »

I sat on the backstretch one time and probably would not do it again. It was the year that Earnhardt Jr. won his first cup race. While that was an unforgettable experience, and I'm glad I was there to see it, I was glad the race ended when it did..very crowded and uncomfortable metal bench seating had taken it's toll on my back and backside. Remember...this will be a long race and you will be there for at least three hours, most likely longer. Comfortable seating is a plus. If you do decide to purchase tickets on the backstretch, try to get seats coming out of turn two or entering turn three. Avoid the middle of the backstretch.

The best seats in my opinion are in the Speedway Club section above turn one although they are pricey...$145.00 if memory serves. These are real seats with backrests and arms with cup holders. They're worth the extra money if you can afford it. I have also sat on the front stretch several times and the entire track is visible from the upper rows. These are generally less expensive than the Speedway Club areas and more comfortable than the back stretch seating.

The bottom rows are some of the least expensive seats on the front stretch and have a limited view but put you right next to the action. You are close enough to see the drivers at work in the cars and to feel the air when they pass by, feel the bits of rubber and dirt that are kicked up off the track and smell the burning oil and racing gas. It's quite an experience and my be the best value for the money in my opinion.

What you have heard about parking is true. Parking is free but you can expect a long hike to and from the track. This fall it took me about an hour and a half to get out of the parking area and to the highway. I try to park at the back of the parking lot as close as possible to the exit roads. The closer you park to the track the longer it will take to get out.

Whatever you decide to do I promise that you will enjoy the experience. Texas Motor Speedway has arguably the very best fan accommodations in all of motor racing. A live race is something that every NASCAR fan should experience at least once and TMS is the best place to do it.
"Superior firepower is an invaluable tool when entering into negotiations." - G. Patton

Rockrz

Re: Texas Motor Speedway

Post by Rockrz »

grandpatim wrote:where the best seats are for the money?
I know where the best seats are for safety, and that's at home :lol:
Hard to get hit in the head by flying parts after a bad crash if yer at home!
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner
Liberty is a well armed lamb protesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Off-Topic”