My Dog needs a Lawyer!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
marksiwel
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

My Dog needs a Lawyer!

Post by marksiwel »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/eu_switzerla ... or_animals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Swiss voters reject giving abused animals a lawyer

I dont know what they are doing over there, but it seems fun
In Capitalism, Man exploits Man. In Communism, it's just the reverse

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My Dog needs a Lawyer!

Post by ELB »

This stuff is not about giving "abused" animals protection. It is about giving animal rights activists, such as the PETA types, yet another tool to force their agendas on the rest of society. Note the the animal does not, and cannot, have any say about anything done on his behalf -- it will fall to "specially trained" lawyers and others -- i.e. activists -- to determine what that animal needs, in place of the owner. The animal is merely a political and legal tool. Some horrendous cases of actual abuse are used in the beginning to get emotional support for laws like this, but once implemented, the definition of "abuse" will magically expand to include raising animals for food, whether your pet has too much fat in his diet, to the very notion of having pets. (Note that PETA is opposed to pets, and has been caught in the past acting as an adoption shelter for unwanted pets -- but then secretly slaughtering them rather than trying to find homes.)

The majority of the Swiss saw through this nonsense, and good for them.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
marksiwel
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by marksiwel »

ELB wrote:This stuff is not about giving "abused" animals protection. It is about giving animal rights activists, such as the PETA types, yet another tool to force their agendas on the rest of society. Note the the animal does not, and cannot, have any say about anything done on his behalf -- it will fall to "specially trained" lawyers and others -- i.e. activists -- to determine what that animal needs, in place of the owner. The animal is merely a political and legal tool. Some horrendous cases of actual abuse are used in the beginning to get emotional support for laws like this, but once implemented, the definition of "abuse" will magically expand to include raising animals for food, whether your pet has too much fat in his diet, to the very notion of having pets. (Note that PETA is opposed to pets, and has been caught in the past acting as an adoption shelter for unwanted pets -- but then secretly slaughtering them rather than trying to find homes.)

:iagree:
In Capitalism, Man exploits Man. In Communism, it's just the reverse

quidni

Post by quidni »

ELB wrote:This stuff is not about giving "abused" animals protection. It is about giving animal rights activists, such as the PETA types, yet another tool to force their agendas on the rest of society. Note the the animal does not, and cannot, have any say about anything done on his behalf -- it will fall to "specially trained" lawyers and others -- i.e. activists -- to determine what that animal needs, in place of the owner. The animal is merely a political and legal tool. Some horrendous cases of actual abuse are used in the beginning to get emotional support for laws like this, but once implemented, the definition of "abuse" will magically expand to include raising animals for food, whether your pet has too much fat in his diet, to the very notion of having pets. (Note that PETA is opposed to pets, and has been caught in the past acting as an adoption shelter for unwanted pets -- but then secretly slaughtering them rather than trying to find homes.)

:iagree: Switzerland already has some very strong laws against animal abuse on the books. Adding dedicated lawyers is unnecessary.
TSRA / NRA
KA5RLA
All guns have at least two safeties. One's digital, one's cognitive. In other words - keep the digit off the trigger until ready to fire, and THINK. Some guns also have mechanical safeties on top of those. But if the first two don't work, the mechanical ones aren't guaranteed. - me

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

There is/was a shelter in the Dallas area, maybe Carrollton
or somewhere close to it, that would give prospective pet
adopters an application to fill out.

Among the many questions asked was the one that would
play a major part in whether you could adopt a stray.

"Will the animal be allowed outside?" If you answered yes,
you just took yourself out of the running for taking home
a new pet (PC version is "companion animal").

The people at this shelter felt that it was cruel treatment
to let animals outside. They would rather keep an animal
in their PC orphanage than let it be adopted into a family
that would love it. Sheesh!

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Return to “Off-Topic”