Trying something out

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
gigag04
Posts in topic: 54

Re: Trying something out

Post by gigag04 »

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A-R
Posts in topic: 30

Post by A-R »

Let's just hope all the CTLees (Concealed Tomato Licensee) are using OWB holsters and not IWB, which could be very messy.

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 66

Post by SQLGeek »

Tregs wrote: uberantidisestablishmentariansm. That's a really big word. Are you sure you're not a lawyer?
No...just a lowly IT geek. And I didn't even stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night. I did entertain the thought of going to law school though...

I went to pick up some cherry tomatoes from the local market but they were out of them. The grocer says he gets several batches in a day but they are sold out by mid-morning. Evidently somebody from the local Kroger comes by and buys them all. :grumble
Psalm 91:2

USA1
Posts in topic: 94

Post by USA1 »

SQLGeek wrote: I went to pick up some cherry tomatoes from the local market but they were out of them. The grocer says he gets several batches in a day but they are sold out by mid-morning. Evidently somebody from the local Kroger comes by and buys them all. :grumble
You could load your own...

Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 66

Post by SQLGeek »

Hehe...that reminds me of when I was in the local Walgreens a couple of weeks ago. There was an elderly gentleman in there wanting to return one of those. He was quite upset that the product did not include a fully grown tomato plant in the box. He was making sure to let everyone within earshot know that these were a "big rip off". :lol:
Psalm 91:2

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 53

Post by VoiceofReason »

JJVP wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:You are dead wrong, sir! And I resent the implications!!! :smilelol5: "rlol" :mrgreen: :lol:
:iagree: :iagree:
I represent the implications. :lol:
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

AJ80
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AJ80 »

OK, so back to the original topic... Does anyone know why the space bar is so much bigger than all of the other keys on the keyboard?

boomerang
Posts in topic: 2

Post by boomerang »

OldSchool wrote:1) Level of alcohol intake is not specified in the Concealed Tomato statutes. Thus, theoretically, one can be intoxicated and still carry tomatoes legally. Oh, wait, YOU were the one drunk and disorderly.
Some people say tomatoes and alcohol don't mix. It's the same old "bloody mary in the streets" argument we hear time after time.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 53

Post by VoiceofReason »

AJ80 wrote:OK, so back to the original topic... Does anyone know why the space bar is so much bigger than all of the other keys on the keyboard?
I haven’t the slightest idea, but I think it’s great that they put in this pop out coffee cup holder. "rlol"
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

Tass
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Tass »

AJ80 wrote:OK, so back to the original topic... Does anyone know why the space bar is so much bigger than all of the other keys on the keyboard?

Of course, it's because .... Oh look, a squirrel.... where were we again?

Tass
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh crap, she's up"

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 50

Post by The Annoyed Man »

gigag04 wrote:So I had this thought that any post, regardless of how stupid it is, has the potential to yield multiple replies and to spawn all sorts of side discussions.

This is my way of testing that thought.
Did you get your money's worth? :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

cougartex
Posts in topic: 4

Post by cougartex »

Wow, five pages. :eek6
Cougars are shy, reclusive, and downright mysterious... :txflag:

7075-T7
Posts in topic: 25

Post by 7075-T7 »

I would assume because the space bar is used the most out of any other key, see I just used it 22 times, wait 25,times.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

7075-T7 wrote:

I would assume because the space bar is used the most out of any other key, see I just used it 22 times, wait 25,times.
I know the thread is a test, so I will answer this one. If you are a touch-typist the space bar is hit with your thumbs. With proper placement, the thumbs on both hands reside over the space bar. It is longer to accommodate the thumb positions as well as to be accessible for all hand sizes. At least that is what I was taught in my personal typing class in high school. However, if you watch me type, I have forgotten the majority of what I learned. LOL
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

CaptWoodrow10
Posts in topic: 18

Post by CaptWoodrow10 »

Tregs wrote:
pbwalker wrote:42

that is all
42....Now there's a great Texas game, played at deer camps throughout the generations.
And the Dixie Chicken. Nothing beats a hand of 42 on the back porch of the Chicken while enjoying an adult beverage after a hard weeks work.
Kimber Ultra Carry II
Kimber CDP II

Return to “Off-Topic”