3 more CHL converts

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Sidro
Posts in topic: 3

3 more CHL converts

Post by Sidro »

Took my dil out last weekend for a little firearm instruction and shooting. Her family has been pretty much low key towards firearms. She got over being scared of guns to the point of enjoying shooting them(.38spl snubbie, 9mm millenium, xd-40 and kimber 45acp).

Got a call last night from my son and they are signed up through their church to take chl classes June 5th. Her dad also decided to take it since she was.

All in all it looks like a hundred dollar investment in ammo is going to turn out very well. She will pick up a Millenium Pro 9mm this week as her starter pistol and initial carry but told her hubby that she really wanted a Kimber 45 Eclipse Pro Target II like mine and he might as well start saving for it. He called his mom to tell her that he hated us because we were going to cost him a lot of money. I love paybacks!

She called me after shooting 150 rounds of 40 cal to tell me that from now on jewelery was out and that guns and ammo with regular trips to the range are in order. I am rather proud of her and in the fact that i was able to get a convert to a great pastime. I don't care how much it cost my son, can't wait till the grandson is old enough to corrupt i mean teach to shoot.

glbedd53
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 3 more CHL converts

Post by glbedd53 »

A woman that's a gun enthusiast and a church that offers CHL classes. I don't know where Grayback is but sounds kinda like Heaven.

A-R
Posts in topic: 2

Post by A-R »

:clapping:

well done, sir

A-R
Posts in topic: 2

Post by A-R »

glbedd53 wrote:A woman that's a gun enthusiast and a church that offers CHL classes. I don't know where Grayback is but sounds kinda like Heaven.
Is Grayback a small town in an Iowa corn field somewhere?

:smilelol5:

"Is this Heaven? .... No, it's Iowa."

cougartex

Post by cougartex »

:clapping: :tiphat:
Cougars are shy, reclusive, and downright mysterious... :txflag:

Topic author
Sidro

Post by Sidro »

Not Grayback, they live in Lubbock. Although to go along with the 4 houses and 8 people in Grayback we do have a Baptist Church. I am just glad she found something like this to get interested in and am fortunate that my wife loves to shoot and was able to help her get over her fear of guns. Knew i married that old farm gal for some reason.

Topic author
Sidro

Post by Sidro »

Son and dil took the chl class today and both passed. She only shot a 230 but thats not too bad considering a month ago she was scared to death of pistols and had never shot one. 2 hours of instruction and $100 of ammo has paid off. She shot a XD-40 to qualify and has not decided what she wants to carry yet, but was sure fondling my Kimber Eclipse II.

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

glbedd53 wrote:A woman that's a gun enthusiast and a church that offers CHL classes. I don't know where Grayback is but sounds kinda like Heaven.
:iagree:

Until he specified Lubbock. That sounds a little more like heck.

I can say that, being from the general area. "rlol"
TANSTAAFL

PJK

Post by PJK »

Great Job on the good teaching and being a good example. It sounds to me like the DIL is bucking for the FIL to be a great dad and pass on a Kimber right now!!!!

"Why are there mass shootings in gun free zones? The same reason there are non at gun ranges"

Return to “Off-Topic”