Here we go again...

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
DONT TREAD ON ME

Here we go again...

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

Couple may face eviction over flag display

The Associated Press
Posted : Wednesday May 26, 2010 12:13:19 EDT

OSHKOSH, Wis. — American flags will fly this Memorial Day weekend to honor those who gave their lives while serving their country.

But, in Oshkosh, a couple is being told to take down the U.S. flag they have displayed in their dining room window.

Dawn and Charlie Price have been told by their apartment's management company they must take it down, or face eviction.

Charlie Price is an Army veteran who served tours in Kosovo and Iraq. Dawn Price says the flag is a way to honor her husband's military service and remember those who made the "ultimate sacrifice."

The apartment management company, Midwest Realty Management, says its rules prohibit the display of flags, banners and political or religious material in order to maintain a consistent living environment for all apartment residents.

I am getting really tired of this crap :mad5

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Here we go again...

Post by joe817 »

I'm getting tired of it too XD! :patriot: ALL of us are. There should be a law against this kind on nonsense. The owners must not be from the U.S.A. is all I can say. :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 2

Post by E.Marquez »

http://www.midwestrents.com/index.php?o ... &Itemid=14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Contact the corporate office with a polite request as to the company position on forbidding an American from displaying an American flag respectfully in accordance to the standards set in UNITED STATES CODE, TITLE 36, CHAPTER 10.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

unbelievable.
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

ddstuder

Post by ddstuder »

:banghead: :mad5 :bigmouth

I am so tired of this kind of thing. It is becoming illegal to be an American!

I was driving through Farmers Branch yesterday afternoon and saw 3 hispanic teenagers trying to pull down a small American Flag from a street sign. I slammed on the brakes and yelled at them to stop what they were doing. When they saw me pull my seat belt off, they did an about face and took off running.

I have to admit, that made me feel pretty good knowing that I defended at least one act of Flag desecration!

:patriot:
Guns are like parachutes, if your ever in a situation that you need one and you dont have one, you'll probably never need one again.

cougartex

Post by cougartex »

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
Cougars are shy, reclusive, and downright mysterious... :txflag:

Fire1141

Post by Fire1141 »

Thanks, ddstuder

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

bronco78 wrote:http://www.midwestrents.com/index.php?o ... &Itemid=14
I sent the following on their web contact:
American Flags are not allowed at your properties?

If the report is true, that your company does not allow an AMERICAN FLAG in an AMERICAN CITY, in the great country of UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. I will be sure to make sure everyone I know, and in this day and age of the internet, facebook, myspace, etc, that is literally thousands of people, who know an exponential amount of people, will also show their true disgust with your companies policies.

How much revenue will your company lose? No idea, maybe none, maybe some. Regardless, again, if the report is true, it is disgusting that your company would have such a policy!

I will give to end of business today, to have an answer if the report is true, then I will pass the word to the many people I interact with to all pass the word about how horrible your company treats AMERICA!

If this is NOT TRUE, then I suggest you get a press release out immediately, before the repercussions become too much to bear, and also let me and anyone else inquiring, so we can also pass the word.
What good will it do? No idea, but I feel better and I suggest we all also inquire so they know that many many people are aware of this, and are very upset and disgusted about it.
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

ddstuder

Post by ddstuder »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/28/wi ... g-display/

I just read where they are letting him keep his flag up. The rental office recieved more than 4000 emails and thousands of phone calls. Looks like a little pressure on them worked!!
:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
Guns are like parachutes, if your ever in a situation that you need one and you dont have one, you'll probably never need one again.

USA1

Post by USA1 »

ddstuder wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/28/wi ... g-display/

I just read where they are letting him keep his flag up. The rental office recieved more than 4000 emails and thousands of phone calls. Looks like a little pressure on them worked!!
:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
I love it when the good guy wins.

God bless America. :patriot:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

ddstuder wrote:Looks like a little pressure on them worked!!
Woohoo!! :woohoo :anamatedbanana :patriot:
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

Wow. My Condo HOA has us practically swimming in US flags on every occasion that I can think of. Hard to believe that some folks don't enjoy the same attitude.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

glbedd53

Post by glbedd53 »

I wouldn't be so sure the owners aren't from the USA. They just don't teach appreciation for the flag and veterans and such as much as they used to, at least not in public schools. They replaced that with multicultural studies.

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

I love it when a plan comes togeather :hurry: :hurry:
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Return to “Off-Topic”