The Walking Dead!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 9

Re: The Walking Dead!

Post by Dragonfighter »

gregthehand wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:Carol will find the girl and the guy and team up with that group more than likely.
The girl got eaten in a driveway at the end of the episode. I can't figure out why they left the house.

I don't agree with kicking out Carol. He's not on that committee that is making decisions and she was a very large contributor to the group. In situations like they are in (dealing with danger all the time, like combat) people will often make decisions that may seem immoral in normal times but in their eyes are very ethical. In the Army they used to teach leadership lessons by giving us a scenario where we had to make a decision and there was no clearly moral high ground to take. The point was to get us to make leadership decisions and keep moving. Make a good decision or a bad decision, but make a decision. Carol did just that. If she had taken it to the group they would have him-hawed around trying to decide what to do. Meanwhile the people would have turned.
But the rule is you do not kill the living (mercy killing one who is being eaten aside). I look at this show as a study in human nature. The first few seasons were, "What do you become when there are no rules?" The last season and this one seem to be, "Where is your breaking point?"

If Rick hadn'r sent Carol packing, Ty would've killed her. Yes, he would have found out.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

gregthehand

Post by gregthehand »

SQLGeek wrote:This season has really picked up compared to the last two. I was just about done after last year, the Governor plot just wasn't doing it for me. Never mind the farm house soap opera where everybody cried.

I'm also hoping they go deeper into the giant horde of zombies at the vet college. I also wonder if they're going to pick up who has been feeding the walkers at the fence? They seemed to have left that be the last few episodes.

Glen is going to get saved at the last second by antibiotics. That seems to be the obvious direction anyways.

I also think Carol is coming back, maybe to challenge Rick. I can't say I blame her for doing what she did. She seems to be the one taking the group's survival as a whole the most seriously.

OK so maybe this IS a zombie soap opera but it's my guilty pleasure. :D
Maybe I missed it but did they make it to the vet college but just took a different path to get there?
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

gregthehand

Post by gregthehand »

Also, I forgot about someone feeding the zombies at the fence. That has been left alone. I hope it doesn't become a plot hole.
Last edited by gregthehand on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

gregthehand wrote:Also, I forgot about someone feeding the zombies at the fence. That has been left alone. I hope it doesn't become a plot zone.
They never showed who it was so I think it will be revisited.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

9mmfan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 9mmfan »

It's probably the little girl that was referring to the one walker by name. I don't remember her name, but she didn't seem to understand the gravity of the situation, was showing empathy for the zombies and as a result Carol called her "weak." When the feeding was revealed, it was presented in such a way as to imply malice (not on this show!), but I think it will turn out to just be a case of misguided innocence. That places the entire operation at risk. If it comes up again.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
-Rudyard Kipling

CHLLady
Posts in topic: 8

Post by CHLLady »

Yes, the little psycho girl. We have not seen the last of her, unless she recovers. I think it was her feeding the walkers at the fence. She may flip out when Carol doesn't come back.

Hubby thinks Carol was wrong, so he didn't mind she was booted. I don't think we have seen the last of her though. I hope not. I'd like closure.
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

gregthehand

Post by gregthehand »

He's baaaaaaaacckkkkkkk!!!!!!!!

I wonder how he'll make a dent being alone.

nyj
Posts in topic: 15

Post by nyj »

I was on the edge of my seat during that one. Wondering if it was the governor baiting them in with the rats. And unless he found a new group of people, he's all alone.

GlockDude26
Posts in topic: 3

Post by GlockDude26 »

nyj wrote:I was on the edge of my seat during that one. Wondering if it was the governor baiting them in with the rats. And unless he found a new group of people, he's all alone.
i think you're right that it was the gov feeding the rats to attract walkers to the fences.... i bet there will be another showdown with a new group he creates and probably force them out of the prison. whatever happens the prison was a great idea at first but it's beyond old now. time for a move or another big event.....
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

cajunautoxer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cajunautoxer »

I have a feeling Carol will lead the group in a spin off show

nyj
Posts in topic: 15

Post by nyj »

Ultra_Solo_Sig_0904 wrote:
nyj wrote:I was on the edge of my seat during that one. Wondering if it was the governor baiting them in with the rats. And unless he found a new group of people, he's all alone.
i think you're right that it was the gov feeding the rats to attract walkers to the fences.... i bet there will be another showdown with a new group he creates and probably force them out of the prison. whatever happens the prison was a great idea at first but it's beyond old now. time for a move or another big event.....
yep, been hoping that they'll move for awhile now. More entertainment when they're on the move.

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 80

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I am two episodes behind. I loved watching this show up until this season. I am losing interest quick. :grumble

dubya
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dubya »

How about that wacky walker tripping Rick at the fence? :lol: Those crazy walkers!

TWD the comedy follows last week's TWD the musical.

And, the little girl swirling the blood with her boot? The end of the world does strange things. Perhaps The Governor wants to be buddies? :shock:
JW, Sons of the Republic of Texas
NRA, TSRA

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 80

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

OK... i suppose I had better watch the last two episodes before you folks start posting spoilers.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Oldgringo »

We've never watched this program but we did watch the Netflix movie, "World War Z", last night. :roll:

I can't wait for Netflix to ask for my rating tomorrow. :smilelol5:

Return to “Off-Topic”