Despite gun-control push, more states have cut back on gun r

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Despite gun-control push, more states have cut back on gun r

Post by RPB »

Despite <illogical feelings-based> gun-control push, more states have cut back on gun regulations since Newtown

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/desp ... EAU1TQtDMD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

TexDotCom

Re: Despite gun-control push, more states have cut back on g

Post by TexDotCom »

Bets on where the majority of violence-with-guns will be in the next few years? I believe CT and CO are going to have their little happy bubbles burst because they didn't do anything that will make a difference.

NOTE: I say "violence-with-guns" instead of "gun violence" because firearms are not violent...they're inanimate objects controlled by human beings.

:txflag:

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

RPB wrote:Despite <illogical feelings-based> gun-control push, more states have cut back on gun regulations since Newtown

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/desp ... EAU1TQtDMD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Meanwhile, the Republicans in Austin still won't pass open carry or campus carry. For both types of carry, Texas is among the minority of States that specifically prohibit the activity in State law. Despite that, they expect us to believe they are pro gun.

:roll:
When in doubt
Vote them out!

AEA

Post by AEA »

:iagree:
And I like your signature line!
They will get the message, one way or another! :banghead:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

TexDotCom wrote:Bets on where the majority of violence-with-guns will be in the next few years? I believe CT and CO are going to have their little happy bubbles burst because they didn't do anything that will make a difference.

NOTE: I say "violence-with-guns" instead of "gun violence" because firearms are not violent...they're inanimate objects controlled by human beings.

Why even use the term "violence with guns". Does every act need to be so defined? Voilence with a knife? Violence with a hammer? Violence with a fist?

Why not just call it all what it truly is - evil! Crime! Murder! Assault! All of the terms are already defined. Such specifics as gun violence are intended to be prejudicial agains firearms.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

psijac

Post by psijac »

anygunanywhere wrote:
TexDotCom wrote:Bets on where the majority of violence-with-guns will be in the next few years? I believe CT and CO are going to have their little happy bubbles burst because they didn't do anything that will make a difference.

Why even use the term "violence with guns". Does every act need to be so defined? Voilence with a knife? Violence with a hammer? Violence with a fist?

Why not just call it all what it truly is - evil! Crime! Murder! Assault! All of the terms are already defined. Such specifics as gun violence are intended to be prejudicial agains firearms.

Anygunanywhere
They aren't allowed to say "urban" violence
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

Return to “Off-Topic”