Grand-daughter - first time shotgunner

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jaguar
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Grand-daughter - first time shotgunner

Post by Jaguar »

That's a dead bird right there. :clapping:

I took a buddy of mine from work to shoot skeet, after one round (25 shells) he was acting as if he was crippled. Of course he was shooting a pump 12, but still it was same thing I was shooting. I am wanting to get a good auto 20 to play with, maybe a Remington 1100 or Mossberg SA-20.
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Excellent!

bulinm

Post by bulinm »

Good job on the camera there, Gramps. Well done, Young Lady.
Dallas

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doin' in a rustic setting like this ?

strider67

Post by strider67 »

That's awesome! Good for both of y'all... :clapping:
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

Hold on. Hold on just a dern minute. Andy's a grandpa? :shock: :headscratch

Sounds great Andy. For the sake of my daughter, can you give me an age and size comparison to your grand daughter? I'm curious about how mine might handle the recoil from a 20ga. Mine, you met, is 11y, almost 100lbs, and pretty strong for her age.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

C-dub wrote:Hold on. Hold on just a dern minute. Andy's a grandpa? :shock: :headscratch
My thoughts. too! :shock:
I know that had to be awesome experience for both of you. She has a great teacher. Good job with the camera, too.
PM sent
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

C-dub wrote:Hold on. Hold on just a dern minute. Andy's a grandpa? :shock: :headscratch
They start 'em young down there in South Africa. :lol:

I know......kinda took me by surprise too, but I think that I knew he had a granddaughter. I've just never seen her before. And by the look at the back of her head, I still ain't seen her. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Good on you, Andy and good on the granddaughter too!!! :thumbs2: :thumbs2:

She seems to be a fine shot. That's just gotta be your handiwork. :cool:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

I totally forgot EF has some for rent. We'll have to try that next time if she wants to.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

wil

Post by wil »

AndyC wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:I know......kinda took me by surprise too, but I think that I knew he had a granddaughter. I've just never seen her before. And by the look at the back of her head, I still ain't seen her. :mrgreen:
I thought I'd posted pics of her first handgun session - once she got her eye in with the .22 at 7 yards, she wanted to shoot something bigger - my 1911:

[ Image ]

That's a scary grouping of 5 bullets in the center...
If that's the youngster I met down that the river, that grouping doesn't surprise me. You might recall she never missed a beat running a mag through my AR.

Return to “Off-Topic”