Hanoi Jane is playing Nancy Reagan

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

2farnorth
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Hanoi Jane is playing Nancy Reagan

Post by 2farnorth »

philip964 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:14 am http://movies.yahoo.com/news/ky-theater ... 45734.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Movie theater owner will not show the Butler because of Fonda.

Nancy wasn't that old and was prettier.

My memory, the POW's said they got beaten extra hard before and after her visits.
Yep. As best as I remember the POWs passed a note to her in hopes of getting a message out. Fonda turned the note over to the North Vietnamese Army.
N5PNZ

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

2farnorth wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:02 am
philip964 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:14 am http://movies.yahoo.com/news/ky-theater ... 45734.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Movie theater owner will not show the Butler because of Fonda.

Nancy wasn't that old and was prettier.

My memory, the POW's said they got beaten extra hard before and after her visits.
Yep. As best as I remember the POWs passed a note to her in hopes of getting a message out. Fonda turned the note over to the North Vietnamese Army.
I have no love for Jane Fonda, but the truth is the truth and she did not give a note to the Viet Cong. This rumor has an eternal life and has repeatedly been refuted by the POW, Ret. Col. Larry Carrigan, who supposedly was tortured for passing a note to Hanoi Jane that she passed on to the Viet Cong. Another story, attributed to pilot Jerry Driscoll (no relation to my family) tells of a soldier who spit at Jane and was beaten severely. Larry Carrigan and Jerry Driscoll have both repeatedly refuted all the stories.
"It's a figment of somebody's imagination," says Ret. Col. Larry Carrigan, one of the servicemen mentioned in the 'slips of paper' incident. Carrigan was shot down over North Vietnam in 1967 and did spend time in a POW camp. He has no idea why the story was attributed to him, saying, "I never met Jane Fonda."
The tale about a defiant serviceman who spit at Jane Fonda and is severely beaten as a result is often attributed to Air Force pilot Jerry Driscoll. He has repeatedly stated on the record that it did not originate with him.
There's enough in Fonda's past to put her on my "sorry you're in quick sand, but I don't have a rope list" without adding this one that's untrue.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Mel

Post by Mel »

I don't remember Ms. Fonda ever denying this story. All I remember her saying is that "I've turned my life around."
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

philip964
Posts in topic: 7

Post by philip964 »

philip964 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:42 pm https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5200 ... o-the-left

Jane Fonda - “Covid 19 God’s gift to the left”
Winter 1981- 82, when Jane was the big environmentalist, (China Syndrome was in 1979, she drove a Rabbit diesel in the movie) a friend of mine went skiing in Canada, it was very very cold. They would make one run and come inside to warm up, then go out and do another run. At the time Henry Fonda was in the hospital sick, he died in the summer of that year.

My friend noticed a helicopter idling at a helipad as he went up the chair lift. It was still idling the next day and the next day. 24/7. He asked someone about it and they said Jane Fonda and her husband Tom Haden were here skiing. He asked why was it running 24/7. He was told she needs to be able to leave at a moments notice in case her dad gets worse. It's so cold they might not be able to start the helicopter, so they leave it running in Minecraft.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I don't care if she did or did not pass any notes the VietCong. She went to North Vietnam, posed on an NVA anti-aircraft gun, and generally gave moral aid and comfort to a communist regime opposed to our nation. As a veteran, I find her actions reprehensible and barring a full apology, I will maintain my disgusted view of her.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:34 am I don't care if she did or did not pass any notes the VietCong. She went to North Vietnam, posed on an NVA anti-aircraft gun, and generally gave moral aid and comfort to a communist regime opposed to our nation. As a veteran, I find her actions reprehensible and barring a full apology, I will maintain my disgusted view of her.
:iagree: She’s still a communist sympathizer if not a communist herself.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:34 am I don't care if she did or did not pass any notes the VietCong. She went to North Vietnam, posed on an NVA anti-aircraft gun, and generally gave moral aid and comfort to a communist regime opposed to our nation. As a veteran, I find her actions reprehensible and barring a full apology, I will maintain my disgusted view of her.
I agree wholeheartedly with you and in no way am I trying to diminish her horrible actions. I only posted for informational purposes. This rumor is constantly spread and progressives use it to undermine the legitimacy/truthfulness of other comments made by those who propagate it.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

I see Jane is still cheering for things that kill Americans.
Some things never change.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

I agree. This was one of the few cases I know of where people who yelled treason were 100% correct. Most people use that term without understanding what is legally required for it. She met all of the constitutional requirements, adhering to our enemies in war and giving them aid and comfort.
Steve Rothstein

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/jane-fonda- ... st-enough/

Jane Fonda condemns Xiden for not acting fast enough on climate change.

Hanoi Jane if you remember single handed my stoped nuclear power with her movie China Syndrome, that and 3 mile island.

Imagine all the carbon free power plants there would be now.

Mel

Post by Mel »

Ms. Fonda, PLEASE say nasty things about the Clintons!!!!!!!!! And Hurry!!!!!!
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... risis.html

Calls for white men to be arrested and jailed for the climate crisis.

I support Jane Fonda’s right to say whatever she wants.

She was anti nuke power in the ‘70’s and ‘80’s and pretty much got nuke power shut down. It doesn’t create that nasty CO2 that plants need to live.

On her own she flies in private jets and helicopters spewing tons of CO2. Plants love her devotion to emitting CO2.

Crisis. Really? Very slowly coming out of an ice age is a crisis?

I think I mentioned they beat the POW’s extra hard before and after her visits.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

I can’t post what I really think about her.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

anygunanywhere wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:25 pm I can’t post what I really think about her.

My hopes and desire for her.

Return to “Off-Topic”