Thinking of getting a tattoo....

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

nyj
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Thinking of getting a tattoo....

Post by nyj »

You came off very condescending when you asked. It was read more like "why the hell would you do something like that?" That attitude has been proven by your stating of not liking tattoos, so obviously, it wasn't 'just a question.'

jocat54
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jocat54 »

nyj wrote:You came off very condescending when you asked. It was read more like "why the heck would you do something like that?" That attitude has been proven by your stating of not liking tattoos, so obviously, it wasn't 'just a question.'

Sorry you took it that way, it wasn't intended that way.
I don't care for tattoos personally...but don't care if others like them.
It's sort of like .....I like Chevy's but don't care much for Ford...... others like Ford and not Chevy's.
Obviously I thought it was a question in my feeble mind.

My posts are usually very short because it takes me forever to type something out.
"All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing"

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Dirthawking wrote:My tattoos are a story of my life. They are also stained glass windows I added to my temple to let the lords light shine in.
Then you should get Leviticus 19:28 tattooed right on your forehead. "rlol"

The Bible is either true, or it isn't, right? :smilelol5:

Sorry.... I don't mean to mock, and I truly don't condemn people with them. Some of them are quite stunning to look at. But you have to understand that for those of us who don't have one, and considering the fact that they are pretty much permanent, I am personally always curious to know the tattoo owner's particular motivation. It's another human story, and those always interest me.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

nyj

Post by nyj »

It's cool.

Everyone has different tastes. I think sleeves look tacky, and honestly am not a fan of generic looking tattoos. I think some women can pull them off, others make it look trashy. I have one tattoo on my calf, and only got it because it was an original piece that was creative. Not everyone likes it, but I didn't get it for them.

I plan to get another soft-ball size tattoo related to my line of work.

Seventhsword

Post by Seventhsword »

Here's a pic of one of my wifes tattoos...

Seventhsword
NRA Life Member, CHL

nyj

Post by nyj »

^ The artist did nice work.

drumbdummer

Post by drumbdummer »

I have four tattoos. Two of them took two sittings, so I have been "in the chair" six times. I would go back and get more.... if I could afford it. With a wife and 5 kids, they are a luxury that I will not be able to afford for a LOOOONG time.

There's a line in a Jimmy Buffet song ...he's referring to tattoos and babies and a few other things... he says, "It's a permanent reminder of temporary feeling." In the case of two of my tattoos, this is very true... and the feelings are very personal and therefore no one's business but my own. I simply state that they are things that I like. In the case of the other two... well, I come from Celtic ancestry. I have two Celtic crosses to honor that ancestry.

All are hidden... in my line of work they have to be!

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

I have always wanted to get this on a shoulder. But in my line of work who knows when I have to go under deep cover and infiltrate an organization... So I cant have any permanent markings... :smilelol5: "rlol"

Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

A lot of the posts on here highlight the most important thing about tattoos:

Get what's IMPORATNT/SIGNIFICANT to you & you'll never regret them.

Personally, I have 5 tattoos. I've drawn every single one of them. All of them are original except one, but I did draw it & it's the drawing I did that's tattooed. The one thing I'm not liking about my tattoos is that they are like stickers though, no background, no "flair". I drew one tattoo about 15yrs ago for my buddy & he finally got it done this year. We both got a tattoo on his birthday this year. I've got plans already for my next tattoo. Soon.

This is my latest & it's more than what it appears:

This is what I drew for my buddy, same thing, more than just what it appears:
ImageImage

How it looks:
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

bizarrenormality

Post by bizarrenormality »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Dirthawking wrote:My tattoos are a story of my life. They are also stained glass windows I added to my temple to let the lords light shine in.
Then you should get Leviticus 19:28 tattooed right on your forehead. "rlol"
:shock:

n5wmk

Post by n5wmk »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Then you should get Leviticus 19:28 tattooed right on your forehead. "rlol"

The Bible is either true, or it isn't, right? :smilelol5:

Sorry.... I don't mean to mock, and I truly don't condemn people with them. Some of them are quite stunning to look at. But you have to understand that for those of us who don't have one, and considering the fact that they are pretty much permanent, I am personally always curious to know the tattoo owner's particular motivation. It's another human story, and those always interest me.
Then what about Leviticus 19:27? "Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard."

And I'm not mocking either. But, but I do get (semi) regular haircuts, and shave (mostly) every day. Is that contrary to the Bible?

I have a couple of tattoos - one is the Texas flag and American eagle, which I have on my right pectoral muscle. (See my avatar....) To me, tattoos are a personal thing. I've never cared either way if someone wants one or doesn't want one.

I waited until my 50th birthday to get my first one. Motivation....I just decided I wanted it. I'm American and Texan, so the tat fits my feelings on that. Not on "public" skin, so never a problem at work.

I did see a guy at lunch in Oak Cliff one day - covered in tats (looked to be prison jobs), with the one on his forehead saying "F*** Off". :eek6 I suspect his employment options were limited.
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

Return to “Off-Topic”