Off-Topic Forum has reopened

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Off-Topic Forum has reopened

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The Off-Topic forum has reopened and hopefully it will stay open. The Political forum was recently limited to gun-related topics as had always been the rule, albeit unenforced. The highly emotional topics in that forum prompted more rule violations (and even some temporary Member bans) than all other forums combined, so the decision was made to enforce the gun-related limitation.

As soon as that was done, political topics/threads immediately appeared in the Off-Topic forum, in spite of a warning not to do so. This prompted the temporary closure of that forum. Now that the Off-Topic forum has reopened, we want everyone to be aware that any political threads or posts will be deleted and don't look for a PM explaining why -- this post explains the reason. Any Member who repeatedly violates this rule will find they can no longer post in the Off-Topic forum.

The TexasCHLforum.com has become more than just a discussion board for guns and many Members had requested the Off-Topic forum so the Forum could develop into more of an online community. We want to encourage discussion and quite candidly, I wish it has not become necessary to limit the political discussions that are gun-related. While we don't like limiting or prohibiting the discussion of any topics, we will do what is necessary to maintain the friendly community atmosphere we have enjoyed for almost nine years.

Chas.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Off-Topic Forum has reopened

Post by mojo84 »

But what about my First Amendment Right to free speech?

J/K :biggrinjester: I got the message and will do my best to be on good behavior.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

RJGold

Post by RJGold »

Thank you Charles.
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

JP171
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JP171 »

Thank you Charles, and please ignore MoJo

Bad MoJo Bad!

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Thanks, the Off-Topic Forum is fun.

What's your favorite peanut butter?

For me, it's Central Market Smooth that you have to stir up to get the oil to mix with the peanut butter and it's work, but the flavor, oh man...

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

Hopefully people can follow the rules.

It's always nice to be able to go a little off topic with like minded people. :mrgreen:
TANSTAAFL

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

Abraham wrote:Thanks, the Off-Topic Forum is fun.

For me, it's Central Market Smooth that you have to stir up to get the oil to mix with the peanut butter and it's work, but the flavor, oh man...
Oil? In peanut butter??? Yuck! Do yourself a favor, get some plain roasted peanuts (16oz jar/can is perfect for a small batch) and run them through a food processor (chopper blade) for about 10 minutes. You'll have the best PB in the world. All natural, no preservatives, nothing added (unless you need to add some salt to suit your taste). You need to keep it in the fridge, but that's hardly much of an inconvenience. Just give it a shot.

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

JP171 wrote:Thank you Charles, and please ignore MoJo

Bad MoJo Bad!
I am MoJo the member you are referring to is mojo84. Please note the difference and don't insult mojo84 by confusing him or her with me. :thumbs2: :lol::

In reply to mojo84's question - - - Charles' house, Charles' rules. :rules:

Y'all have a nice day and play nice now. :tiphat:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

MoJo wrote:
JP171 wrote:Thank you Charles, and please ignore MoJo

Bad MoJo Bad!
I am MoJo the member you are referring to is mojo84. Please note the difference and don't insult mojo84 by confusing him or her with me. :thumbs2: :lol::

In reply to mojo84's question - - - Charles' house, Charles' rules. :rules:

Y'all have a nice day and play nice now. :tiphat:

OK I will try to remember that, thank you sir

BAD MOJO84!!!!!

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I know I've been one of the offenders in discussing some hot-button political stuff. However, I certainly understand the instructions, the reasoning behind it, and will comply. :angel:

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

RottenApple wrote:
Abraham wrote:Thanks, the Off-Topic Forum is fun.

Oil? In peanut butter??? Yuck! Do yourself a favor, get some plain roasted peanuts (16oz jar/can is perfect for a small batch) and run them through a food processor (chopper blade) for about 10 minutes. You'll have the best PB in the world. All natural, no preservatives, nothing added (unless you need to add some salt to suit your taste). You need to keep it in the fridge, but that's hardly much of an inconvenience. Just give it a shot.
Um, that's what Central Market PB is, actually. If you don't refrigerate it, the oil separates. It's perfectly natural for that to happen. Just stir and put back in fridge. Great stuff, and no food processing of peanuts required (fun, but only the first time -- after that it's a pain to prep and clean)
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

nyj

Post by nyj »

Thanks. I enjoy the OT discussions, more so than the gun discussions a lot of the time.

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

74novaman wrote:Hopefully people can follow the rules.

It's always nice to be able to go a little off topic with like minded people. :mrgreen:
Thanks Charles. I have also found it interesting to be able to go a little off topic with some people that don’t think like I do. As long as the issue can be discussed without personal attacks and within the rules, I have learned and even changed my opinion on things I thought I knew.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I know they make pepper sprays to use on humans, dogs even bears. Just wondering if they make one for ...annoying liberals...I seem to be surrounded by them.

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

I like crunchy peanut butter.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Return to “Off-Topic”