North Texas motorists stoped by Feds to take DNA and blood

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 4

North Texas motorists stoped by Feds to take DNA and blood

Post by philip964 »

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/North- ... ign=Buffer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Really unbelievable and in Texas no less.

No LEO involvement.

(the link story may have changed. I thought originally there was no LEO involvement, now it is saying off duty Fort Worth police were involved. I thought I read the local police were contacted by the reporter and they said they were not involved. It was not in Fort Worth. I may have missed it when I originally read it. )
Last edited by philip964 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

92f-fan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: North Texas motorists stoped by Feds to take DNA and blo

Post by 92f-fan »

"voluntary " yeah right ...

jmra
Posts in topic: 14

Post by jmra »

If off duty officers ORDERED people to exit the highway to participate in a "voluntary survey", they should be fired for abuse of power. There is simply no justification for this type of behavior.
Simply can not believe any LEO on this forum could possibly defend this kind of abuse of power.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 15

Post by cb1000rider »

"It just doesn't seem right that they should be able to do any of it," she said. "If it's voluntary, it's voluntary, and none of it felt voluntary."

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

jmra wrote:If off duty officers ORDERED people to exit the highway to participate in a "voluntary survey", they should be fired for abuse of power. There is simply no justification for this type of behavior.
Simply can not believe any LEO on this forum could possibly defend this kind of abuse of power.
Hadn't noticed any LEO's on this forum supporting this.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 15

Post by cb1000rider »

It's not a LEO thing, it was setup by the Feds. LEOs are hired (off duty) to enforce things that private parties want.. Think about it the next time you see enforcement of 30.06 at your City owned facility gun show. They were asked to do a job and they were doing it... Should they know better? Maybe. I don't blame the LEOs..

jmra

Post by jmra »

Dragonfighter wrote:
jmra wrote:If off duty officers ORDERED people to exit the highway to participate in a "voluntary survey", they should be fired for abuse of power. There is simply no justification for this type of behavior.
Hadn't noticed any LEO's on this forum supporting this.
I didn't say there was. I was expressing my belief that I didn't believe any could or should, not that any had. Perhaps I should have worded my thoughts differently.
Last edited by jmra on Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

suthdj
Posts in topic: 5

Post by suthdj »

cb1000rider wrote:It's not a LEO thing, it was setup by the Feds. LEOs are hired (off duty) to enforce things that private parties want.. Think about it the next time you see enforcement of 30.06 at your City owned facility gun show. They were asked to do a job and they were doing it... Should they know better? Maybe. I don't blame the LEOs..
Right or worng is not dependent on who is paying you.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

jmra

Post by jmra »

cb1000rider wrote:It's not a LEO thing, it was setup by the Feds. LEOs are hired (off duty) to enforce things that private parties want.. Think about it the next time you see enforcement of 30.06 at your City owned facility gun show. They were asked to do a job and they were doing it... Should they know better? Maybe. I don't blame the LEOs..
Private parties (even if they're are using off duty police officers) do not have the right to force drivers off a public highway to conduct a voluntary survey. The officers abused their power and should be dealt with accordingly.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 8

Post by chasfm11 »

I'm confused. In the story, the woman says "two police cars with lights flashing". Question: whose police cars? A marked cruiser with lights on does not equal "off duty" in my book. If I don't see armed, uniformed officers and cars with logos that I recognize, I'm not stopping and I'm dialing 911 immediately. They can hunt me down.

The fine print in the paperwork says that a breath alcohol test was done without consent. How can that be legal? I do understand that in the "no refusal" periods, mandatory blood draws are part of the deal but I thought there was PC for intoxicated driving involved first. In this case there was nothing but driving on Beech street.

We all need to track the source of this down. This has to stop.... now. Federal stops without cause in the middle of Ft. Worth in the middle of the day are not going anywhere good.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

jmra

Post by jmra »

chasfm11 wrote:I'm confused. In the story, the woman says "two police cars with lights flashing". Question: whose police cars? A marked cruiser with lights on does not equal "off duty" in my book. If I don't see armed, uniformed officers and cars with logos that I recognize, I'm not stopping and I'm dialing 911 immediately. They can hunt me down.

The fine print in the paperwork says that a breath alcohol test was done without consent. How can that be legal? I do understand that in the "no refusal" periods, mandatory blood draws are part of the deal but I thought there was PC for intoxicated driving involved first. In this case there was nothing but driving on Beech street.

We all need to track the source of this down. This has to stop.... now. Federal stops without cause in the middle of Ft. Worth in the middle of the day are not going anywhere good.
If I read it correctly the non consensual breath alcohol test was done with passive instruments. The driver had no idea they were even being tested until after it was already done. I assume they then pressure the driver into a traditional breath test to confirm the readings of the passive instruments.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by powerboatr »

wow
so if you refused any test, what happens? I would have said NO and rolled up my window and said NO again as i drove off slowly with the video being captured
how can they force you to stop and give a sample?

unbelievable
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

I think I would implement the same plan I have if someone is following me. I would drive directly to the nearest police station, park directly in front of the door, get out and walk into the station.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 6

Post by SewTexas »

can a LEO use his car when off duty? I know the officer who is at our church on Sunday morning is in uniform and has his car, but I've just sort of thought he's "on call"?

This whole thing is very fishy to me....someone or all someones really abused some power....badly.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 6

Post by SewTexas »

~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “Off-Topic”