Malaysia Airlines Flight Vanishes

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

philip964
Posts in topic: 73

Re: Malaysia Airlines Flight Vanishes

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mh370-analys ... 49512.html

No one at controls or person at controls was dead or unconscious.

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

or person at the controls dived the plane straight in.....all three scenarios would be congruent with "flaps were not in down position".
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/world/2 ... 3Afacebook

The search for the missing plane ends. The three governments who have been funding the three year search have called it off. RIP

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Beiruty »

My theory:
All suffocated because of fire/smoke and then lack of oxygen. Plane was depressurized at high altitude to put off the fire. Plane brought back to lower altitude. Fire persisted then died but killed the all communication devices. Plane was put on auto pilot at high altitude. Pilot crews died. Plane run out of fuel and stall and entered into a dive. Plane dived into the ocean intact with some brake up of small pieces and the plan rest into the deep southern Indian ocean.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

philip964

Post by philip964 »

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.theweek.co.uk/mh370/58037/m ... sing-plane

its been five years - conspiracy theories continue.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... es/590653/

The Atlantic says people on the ground know more than they are telling.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I can only speculate
1) Fire scenario with pilot attempting to put the fire by going to very high altitude and depressurizing the cabin and then diving.
2) Pilot suicide with all on board as casualties
Last edited by Beiruty on Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beiruty,

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

philip964 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:19 am https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... es/590653/

The Atlantic says people on the ground know more than they are telling.
Why the air force did not send an intercept company?
Beiruty,

MaduroBU
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MaduroBU »

The article seems built to make the case that the command pilot went nuts and killed everyone aboard. Based upon what I assume is all of the available evidence that seems to be the most likely explanation.

That leaves the more frightening question of why this is an international incident rather than a lone suicide that we never hear about? Why kill 240 other strangers who had entrusted you with their lives in order to end your own misery? Suicide is awful but common, and we look back at suicides with heartache and compassion. Mass murder is evil and rare, and we look back upon mass murderers with hatred.

The most terrifying part of the article was the list of mass murder arline crashes, which couting MH370 comes to 4 since 1997.

It is almost as if the pilot and perhaps by extension all of these mass murderers didn't care about the world. Humans develop a "theory of mind" or the idea that other people are beings similar to but distinct from themselves at a very young age- it is a core part of development. It is as if these mass murders voluntarily retraced that path back toward the view that the world around one is merely an inert spectacle that exists only as it relates to the self. Narcissists are actually very different from that- their actions revolve around desperation for the admiration of and approval from others.

I worry that psychopaths and sociopaths are actually far more common than we give them credit for.

ELB
Posts in topic: 7

Post by ELB »

I would guess that most suicidal people do not care about other people, but this generally results in them not really caring about how their death affects others. They justify it to themselves by “they’re better off without me,” but they are so focused on their own pain they cannot empathize with anyone else’s.

A suicidal sociopath, who already cares nothing for others, will think nothing of taking several hundred people with him.
USAF 1982-2005

MaduroBU
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MaduroBU »

ELB wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:22 pm I would guess that most suicidal people do not care about other people, but this generally results in them not really caring about how their death affects others. They justify it to themselves by “they’re better off without me,” but they are so focused on their own pain they cannot empathize with anyone else’s.

A suicidal sociopath, who already cares nothing for others, will think nothing of taking several hundred people with him.
That makes sense to a point, but then why go to the trouble of killing so many people? If you broaden the horizon to include other similar patterns of behavior like mass shooters, in every case the killer could've committed suicide in a more certain fashion had they chosen to kill only themselves. Zahaire would've been throw into a hellish Malaysian prison had he failed, while Paddock or the engineer in Virginia would've been thrown into prison lives that they were very poorly adapted to withstand. In all cases, suicide would've then become much harder. If the goal was, "I am in terrible pain and I want to end it all", then the machinations required to murder strangers were DIRECTLY OPPOSED to that goal even for people who didn't care at all who they had to hurt to kill themselves. The argument that their reasoning was blinded by pain doesn't hold water given the meticulous and successful planning that went into all of these attacks.

These are people who were able to broadly gain societal trust, and then chose to abuse it in horrible but very carefully thought out ways. Nikolas Cruz was a mentally broken human being whose "success" was chiefly due to being abetted by cowards in uniform (one could argue the same for someone like Adam Lanza, whose mother cared for him so deeply that she could not see how dangerous he had become), but these crimes seem quantifiably different. Nikolas Cruz and Adam Lanza are never given positions of authority because they are clearly unworthy, unpredictable, and dangerous. The mass murderers like Zahaire and Paddock didn't demonstrate those traits beforehand, or at least not to a degree that would set off alarms.

I'm not suggesting that we have an answer, only that the implications of the article are terrifying.

Topic author
WildBill
Posts in topic: 20

Post by WildBill »

A very interesting summary of the investigation into the disappearance of MH370. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

philip964

Post by philip964 »

MaduroBU wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:36 pm The article seems built to make the case that the command pilot went nuts and killed everyone aboard. Based upon what I assume is all of the available evidence that seems to be the most likely explanation.

The most terrifying part of the article was the list of mass murder arline crashes, which couting MH370 comes to 4 since 1997.

I worry that psychopaths and sociopaths are actually far more common than we give them credit for.
I made a post one time somewhere that your more likely to be killed at the hands of a pilot at the controls of an airplane committing suicide than you are of a man with a gun committing mass murder.

There were 3 planes lost on 9/11 alone. That’s 3000 people for starters. They had a pretty big list in the above article with big death tolls on each.

If I remember I got flamed pretty bad with my statement.

Lots felt 9/11 wasn’t appropriate because it was War.

Many felt my list of mass murders was not complete enough or wanted more accounting proof ie: Is 4 people a mass murder, what if they are related etc. Not fair to remove war from one and not the other (9/11).

But I think it’s still a valid point.

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 2
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Philip964: You stated "there were 3 planes lost on 9/11 alone".

My count = 4. Two into the WTC, 1 into the ground in Shanksville, PA, and 1 into the Pentagon.

Perhaps your count = only 3, since there is no clearly ID'd plane wreckage in the Pentagon? Maybe that?

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Return to “Off-Topic”