Today Show-how to protect family during home invasion

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Today Show-how to protect family during home invasion

Post by philip964 »

http://www.today.com/news/home-invasion ... 1D80117494" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

howdy

Re: Today Show-how to protect family during home invasion

Post by howdy »

Well we all know that if you have a gun you will either not know how to use it, shoot a family member or have the gun taken away from you and shot by the BG>>> :banghead:
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

These are some of the most ridiculous statements to confronting Evil I have ever heard of. Spray them with wasp killer, but first call your Master to see if you can legally spray a violent criminal with a chemical. Treat them like royalty, give them everything they want and never lie to them. Should you throw in your wife and daughter hiding in the closet to seal the deal? Why don't we all leave our doors unlocked so Evil doesn't have to break anything? We can all put a table on our front porch and just leave our stuff on it so they don't even have to come in the house.

Most "wasps" out here eat spiders so I'll continue to use my "wasp killer" for those violent Yellow Jackets that sting me just for minding my own business. The only violent creature on this Planet I will run from is the Yellow Jacket. I do it all the time and fully understand it's not the "manliest act" to be running about flailing ones arms. Unfortunately, when one notices the "gang" of yellow jackets its always after the attack has commenced and one has already been stung a few times.

For violent criminals one should be spraying bullets...
III

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

So, the lady was wondering how she would be killed? What if the invader is not going after property but savage sex and a torturing murder? What the liberals idiots do say? Have they forgot about the Dr. family who were burned alive?!! What if they armed and more than one?!
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

I noticed that there was no place for comments...
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

rotor

Post by rotor »

When you consider that the "advice" was from a retired New York LEO the advice is not going to mention guns. A Texas LEO would have talked guns.

jmra

Post by jmra »

rotor wrote:When you consider that the "advice" was from a retired New York LEO the advice is not going to mention guns. A Texas LEO would have talked guns.
I bet the retired LEO has a gun at home next to his bed. I also doubt you would find any wasp spray in his house.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

rotor

Post by rotor »

jmra wrote:
rotor wrote:When you consider that the "advice" was from a retired New York LEO the advice is not going to mention guns. A Texas LEO would have talked guns.
I bet the retired LEO has a gun at home next to his bed. I also doubt you would find any wasp spray in his house.
I agree.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Learned helplessness and futility indoctrination by the White House Broadcasting network.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

If I was the criminal type, and part of a home invasion crew, I think getting sprayed with wasp spray would get me pretty cheesed off and cause me to escalate my bad behavior.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Grillmark55

Post by Grillmark55 »

Wasp spray? Really? So you blind them and they end up filing a law suit against you for harming them. Worse yet, you get it pointed in the wrong direction and end up spraying yourself.
Not 100% sure, but I would bet that the castle doctrine doesn't cover maiming an intruder with a chemical.
There is one sure-fire (pardon the pun) way to deal with a bad-guy with bad intent....
:fire
A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

karder

Post by karder »

So do we spray them with wasp spray or treat them like royalty? I'm confused. :???:
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

I think he's saying you make it so they're not around to sue you.
It's only a little short sighted, as the family is just as capable of filing a lawsuit...

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Purposely spraying someone with Wasp Spray probably violates some federal laws. That could be the basis for a suit.

jmra

Post by jmra »

philip964 wrote:Purposely spraying someone with Wasp Spray probably violates some federal laws. That could be the basis for a suit.
Stick a lighter in front of the wasp spray. That should burn off the chemicals. :mrgreen:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “Off-Topic”