Breaking Bad cast to return - with Walt

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Greybeard
Posts in topic: 3

Breaking Bad cast to return - with Walt

Post by Greybeard »

So now we know ... Walt did not go in a body bag after the Badfinger finale, http://galleryroulette.com/culture/vinc ... d-not-die/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Breaking Bad cast to return - with Walt

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Greybeard wrote:So now we know ... Walt did not go in a body bag after the Badfinger finale, http://galleryroulette.com/culture/vinc ... d-not-die/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the spoiler. :lol: I did not watch the show at all while it was airing; but my wife and I started watching it on Netflix just this last week, and we're already through season 1 and partway through season 2. It's an addiction.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Comprendo on the addiction. My son was home several months ago and said he knew we would like it and had my wife spool up episode 1 while he was here. We wound up watching all 5 seasons in less than 3 weeks. You will no doubt recognize some really good old tunes. :cool:

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Greybeard wrote:So now we know ... Walt did not go in a body bag after the Badfinger finale, http://galleryroulette.com/culture/vinc ... d-not-die/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the spoiler. :lol: I did not watch the show at all while it was airing; but my wife and I started watching it on Netflix just this last week, and we're already through season 1 and partway through season 2. It's an addiction.
Who would ever think a show about a meth dealer would bee so successful. I watched every episode and when I tried to describe the program to a friend he couldn't believe I'd watch such a show. Breaking Bad was almost as addictive as the crank they sold!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Blindref757

Post by Blindref757 »

Oh Happy Day!!!

LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

I'm not seeing this anywhere else. Something like this would be all over the place.

And this is why . . .
http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/breakingbad.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

TexasVet

Post by TexasVet »

Glad to hear that it is a hoax.. I hate it when they take a good series and ruin it for the sake of more money...

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

puma guy wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Who would ever think a show about a meth dealer would bee so successful. I watched every episode and when I tried to describe the program to a friend he couldn't believe I'd watch such a show. Breaking Bad was almost as addictive as the crank they sold!
I know. I avoided it from the beginning because of my involvement in my church's recovery ministry. I've been around too many addicts to think that addiction is entertaining. But my son kept telling me that it isn't like I thought, that it was a really good show, and that I really should watch it.

We recently fired Verizon FiOS TV and got Apple TV devices instead and an Apple Airport router. Our lives have improved, and in the process, we have been watching a lot of Netflix and Hulu stuff that we couldn't stream before because the old Verizon router is about as robust as a brick of compacted baby powder. So we got caught up on the entire "The Blacklist", back issues of "Raising Hope", and our new "Breaking Bad" addiction.
LAYGO wrote:I'm not seeing this anywhere else. Something like this would be all over the place.

And this is why . . .
http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/breakingbad.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Awe crap. :cryin
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

Love the show...wife and I watched the whole season in a few weeks on netflix as well.

This should be great:
http://www.amctv.com/shows/better-call-saul" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

yep, with a little more time to research, the story is a hoax. http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 90191.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; The Wife is recording Walking Dead just now, so I suppose here in a few minutes, I will just have to get out my AK with the 272-round magazine like Rick's :lol: and lay it across my lap as we catch up there.

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

The Annoyed Man wrote:We recently fired Verizon FiOS TV and got Apple TV devices instead and an Apple Airport router. Our lives have improved, and in the process, we have been watching a lot of Netflix and Hulu stuff that we couldn't stream before because the old Verizon router is about as robust as a brick of compacted baby powder. So we got caught up on the entire "The Blacklist", back issues of "Raising Hope", and our new "Breaking Bad" addiction.
TAM: we "voluntarily" pay ~$180/mo for Verizon Fios...that is for TV, net, phone (that is not even plugged in - cheaper to include than exclude)...seems a HUGE ripoff/depletion of resources to me. So...tell me more about your setup please. :tiphat: What service are you using for net access? Just curious if you "miss" the channels you had previously? We have Netflix and really like it. I watch very little mainstream TV with the exception of "The Blacklist," most of my shows are cable (How Its Made, History Channel, Food Network, cable news, etc.). There are the occasional sports shows/racing events that we would miss if we ditched Fios (or other cable/sat providers), from what I can tell. :tiphat:

paperchunker

Post by paperchunker »

PUCKER wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:We recently fired Verizon FiOS TV and got Apple TV devices instead and an Apple Airport router. Our lives have improved, and in the process, we have been watching a lot of Netflix and Hulu stuff that we couldn't stream before because the old Verizon router is about as robust as a brick of compacted baby powder. So we got caught up on the entire "The Blacklist", back issues of "Raising Hope", and our new "Breaking Bad" addiction.
TAM: we "voluntarily" pay ~$180/mo for Verizon Fios...that is for TV, net, phone (that is not even plugged in - cheaper to include than exclude)...seems a HUGE ripoff/depletion of resources to me. So...tell me more about your setup please. :tiphat: What service are you using for net access? Just curious if you "miss" the channels you had previously? We have Netflix and really like it. I watch very little mainstream TV with the exception of "The Blacklist," most of my shows are cable (How Its Made, History Channel, Food Network, cable news, etc.). There are the occasional sports shows/racing events that we would miss if we ditched Fios (or other cable/sat providers), from what I can tell. :tiphat:
I have looked at ways to cut the cord, but I find that I 85% of what I watch is ESPN or NFL Network. One idea is to call your provider. I was paying $184 a month to AT&T U-Verse. I called customer service and complained. I received a $60 a month discount for 12 months. When it expires I will do it again.
NRA/LTC Instructor
NRA Patriot Life- Endowment Member

LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

I've cut the cord completely since 2010-2011. I download EVERYTHING. I've got 17TB of space on a server I built that feeds the whole house. I've got a Netflix account for everything else.

The ESPN/TNT sports is what I miss most. NBA League Pass & NFL equivalent online streaming would resolve that for me. I did watch a bootleg stream yesterday to be able to watch my Texans.

Reminds me, I need to go price an NBA League Pass Streaming account. I can just download the games too. I always end up a month behind though.
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

Return to “Off-Topic”