Males Are Now Wearing Makeup

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

LDB415
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Males Are Now Wearing Makeup

Post by LDB415 »

After that photo on page 4 some of you might need this: http://www.eyebleach.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It isn't graphic but might be NSFW in some places.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Abraham wrote:rbwhatever1,

All right I cheated, I looked up the definition on the internet, copied and pasted.

However, with a face that now looks like forty miles of bad road, perhaps I'll see if they have male makeup for the geezer...and then maybe I'll only look like thirty miles of bad road...
Might be worth a try looking at KD5NRH's "Cougar" pic. Go with green!
III

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 6

Post by anygunanywhere »

FYI for all you makeup prone XY types who have DirecTV, on channel 86 VALU at 7:00 pm there is a show called "Throw Out Your Makeup". The info says something about airbrushing.

Just trying to help.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Dadtodabone
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dadtodabone »

Abraham wrote:KD5NRH,

That's some funny stuff!

Do you think straight guys wearing makeup a really up and coming trend or did Joel Steins article exaggerate?

Or, being the old fogey that I am, I just don't get it and it's actually a very cool guy thing to do?

Is makeup for guys who aren't gay, but are super fashion conscious, GQ magazine readers, and just like girly stuff?

What next?

Cross dressing straight guys who get mad at you if you laugh at them while they apply makeup in public?
Clothes do make the man. GQ had an article on the makeup phenomena last spring, quite entertaining.
http://www.gq.com/style/grooming/201404 ... rew-magary
KD5NRH, I applaud your bringing color/life to your business attire. Bravo!
Grey Suit, Blue Suit, Navy Blazer w/grey trousers, White Shirt, Blue Shirt, School Tie, Rep Stripe Tie, Solid Red Tie, Solid Blue Tie, Geometric Pattern Tie.
I wore a uniform for 20 years after I left the service. And, dangit, for most of those 20 years, I was the boss.
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Abraham »

Brosmetics not male makeup, are what they call them in GQ.

I feel nauseous...

No, I wouldn't wear, ahem Brosmetics, but a frilly frock might be nice.

Slimming for my manly figure...

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RogueUSMC »

Wrangler is making guys jeans with designs on the pockets...Wrangler.

Just....no.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

As wrong and ridiculous as it is to start with, it's exponentially worse with the idiotic made up word brosmetics.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Bart

Post by Bart »

cheezit wrote:I view shaving in the same light as makeup. I have no desire to look like a women or a child. But if shaving floats your boat go for it.
:thumbs2: Why take half measures? If a guy shaves his face, he might as well wear makeup too.
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

RogueUSMC wrote:Wrangler is making guys jeans with designs on the pockets...Wrangler.
Suddenly, I'm even more glad the local outlet store usually has good deals on the Levi's styles I like.

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RogueUSMC »

I don't have a big enough Medula Oblongata...I mean Gluteus Maximus for Levis. Wrangler is generally designed for folks with no butt.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BigGuy »

Our paper also puts out a publication called, HER Magazine. Three very attractive and fashion conscious ladies work in the HER office. This office is so filled with makeup, frilly clothing, girly things, and estrogen that I can feel my voice rise half and octave anytime I take a trouble call there. If you look close, you could probably see the testosterone leaching through my skin.
I had to run updates on their workstations, so I picked a time when they’d be out of the office. As I sat watching a download bar s-l-o-w-l-y get longer I happened to notice a work file left on the desk. There was a photo of a well sculpted man, probably in his mid-twenties, staring creepily (I’m sure the girls would have said dreamily) at the viewer. He had a perfect 2-week stubble on his chiseled, dimpled chin. Yeah, I know you can’t judge a book by it’s cover, but I’d be shocked speechless to find this guy would even look twice at a girl. The sticky note attached to it showed that it was the be the art for an article entitled, “Manscaping.” There followed a pseudo dictionary entry of the term with phonetic spelling and definition. Believe me, you don’t want to know.
I took another sticky note and wrote out an entry for the definition of “Gayifacation,” and left it attached to the photo as well. Only enough, my submission never made it to print.

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Abraham »

What, dear gawd, I'm not sure I want to know, but what is “Manscaping.”?

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Abraham wrote:What, dear gawd, I'm not sure I want to know, but what is “Manscaping.”?
Google is your friend on this one.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Unicorn Rancher

Post by Unicorn Rancher »

Abraham wrote:What, dear gawd, I'm not sure I want to know, but what is “Manscaping.”?

Return to “Off-Topic”