Trump questions McCains bravery

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

KRM45
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Trump questions McCains bravery

Post by KRM45 »

philip964 wrote:I'm just afraid he goes 3rd party and gives Hillary just the break she needs.
That's what would happen...

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I voted for John McCain in 2008 because I believed that the alternative was worse, and I believe that time has proven my thoughts correct. I also voted for Romney in 2012 for the same reason. I'm sure that John McCain served this nation honorably in uniform, and I have nothing bad to say about his military service. However, as much as many of you may not like Donald Trump's bombastic style, he is still saying what needs to be said about huge number of illegal aliens in our country, which has been nothing short of an invasion of this nation, and brought in far too many hard-core criminals, as well. Go online and look and see how many people are backing Trump right now because of that, if for no other reason. If you think that turning a blind eye to the invasion of illegals will make it all better, then you are sadly mistaken. For the record, I seriously doubt Trump will still be in the running come election time. But I sure am glad he got this issue out in the open now, since no one else wanted to talk about it.

A-R
Posts in topic: 1

Post by A-R »

Trump's 15 minutes are up. McCain's military credentials and bravery speak for themselves.

Anyone who votes for Trump or any other third-party candidate is actually voting "for" Hillary and is no friend of mine.

There is no room for pettiness and error this time, folks. Vote for the Republican candidate - no matter who it is - as the lone means of preventing Hillary sitting in the Oval Office. The stakes are too high. Spare me the RINO whining and political purity tests. Defeat Hillary by any means necessary. Period.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

K.Mooneyham wrote:I voted for John McCain in 2008 because I believed that the alternative was worse, and I believe that time has proven my thoughts correct. I also voted for Romney in 2012 for the same reason. I'm sure that John McCain served this nation honorably in uniform, and I have nothing bad to say about his military service. However, as much as many of you may not like Donald Trump's bombastic style, he is still saying what needs to be said about huge number of illegal aliens in our country, which has been nothing short of an invasion of this nation, and brought in far too many hard-core criminals, as well. Go online and look and see how many people are backing Trump right now because of that, if for no other reason. If you think that turning a blind eye to the invasion of illegals will make it all better, then you are sadly mistaken. For the record, I seriously doubt Trump will still be in the running come election time. But I sure am glad he got this issue out in the open now, since no one else wanted to talk about it.
I did much the same.

But I also don't see McCain as a "hero." He did indeed serve long and honorably and with bravery, and suffered inhumane imprisonment after getting shot down, but his actions don't rise to the hero level for me, and as one who served in the same time frame, I knew a couple of real heros.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

VMI77
Posts in topic: 4

Post by VMI77 »

A-R wrote:Trump's 15 minutes are up. McCain's military credentials and bravery speak for themselves.

Anyone who votes for Trump or any other third-party candidate is actually voting "for" Hillary and is no friend of mine.

There is no room for pettiness and error this time, folks. Vote for the Republican candidate - no matter who it is - as the lone means of preventing Hillary sitting in the Oval Office. The stakes are too high. Spare me the RINO whining and political purity tests. Defeat Hillary by any means necessary. Period.
What stakes? Nah, anyone voting for the Republican candidate this time around is voting to endorse more of the same. Not gonna change a thing. It isn't gong to matter whether Hitlery wins or an establishment candidate calling himself a Republican wins. No one who will upset the apple cart will be allowed to run for either party. The end result is going to be exactly the same, just maybe a little faster with Hitlery, but minus all the pretense. The country is finished and cannot be saved at the ballot box. All that's left now is state and local level...states withdrawing their consent from the federal government, and once the inevitable economic collapse occurs, possibly secession.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 11

Post by philip964 »

jimlongley wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote:I voted for John McCain in 2008 because I believed that the alternative was worse, and I believe that time has proven my thoughts correct. I also voted for Romney in 2012 for the same reason. I'm sure that John McCain served this nation honorably in uniform, and I have nothing bad to say about his military service. However, as much as many of you may not like Donald Trump's bombastic style, he is still saying what needs to be said about huge number of illegal aliens in our country, which has been nothing short of an invasion of this nation, and brought in far too many hard-core criminals, as well. Go online and look and see how many people are backing Trump right now because of that, if for no other reason. If you think that turning a blind eye to the invasion of illegals will make it all better, then you are sadly mistaken. For the record, I seriously doubt Trump will still be in the running come election time. But I sure am glad he got this issue out in the open now, since no one else wanted to talk about it.
I did much the same.

But I also don't see McCain as a "hero." He did indeed serve long and honorably and with bravery, and suffered inhumane imprisonment after getting shot down, but his actions don't rise to the hero level for me, and as one who served in the same time frame, I knew a couple of real heros.
I'll disagree. McCains service qualifies him as a hero in my eyes. I had a high lottery numbery and did all I could legally do to avoid the military and the VietNam war. If Trump served in VietNam and was awarded a medal of valor, he then has the cred to speak about hero's, otherwise he should be like me , consider all who honorably served in combat - hero's.

Trump has confused risking money and risking life. He's not a hero by risking OPM.

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

To be a hero you need to do something heroic. Jusr serving does not make a hero and yes I served but not in war. Calling all who serve a hero in like giving participate trophies.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

And the republican on republican bickering continues. Sure wish we could focus on fighting the other guys.

http://www.independentsentinel.com/mcca ... upporters/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by K.Mooneyham »

suthdj wrote:To be a hero you need to do something heroic. Jusr serving does not make a hero and yes I served but not in war. Calling all who serve a hero in like giving participate trophies.
I agree. As someone who served almost 21 years in the USAF, I am proud to be a veteran. I did my job and I believe did it well, but I am certainly no hero.

And to reply to a different poster, Donald Trump is running as a Republican, not as a "third-party candidate". And, for the record, I am not "backing" Trump, I am just happy he has forced the issue of the illegal alien invasion of our country into the spotlight. There are a few candidates I like at this point, and that will narrow down for me as the time gets closer; there is over a year left, you know.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I was wondering where the "third party" comment came from.
Last edited by mojo84 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 11

Post by philip964 »

I brought it up, because others have brought it up.

If he loses the nomination to Walker and runs as a third party like Perot. I'll be right. If he doesn't Ill update this post to say I'm wrong.

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

dale blanker wrote:
maintenanceguy wrote:McCain is a war hero and has my respect as a soldier.

As a public servant and Senator, he's a disaster.
Yes he may be a disaster but Trump is a joke. And McCain's still way above average compared to other senators including McConnell or Cruz don't you think? Note that Cruz wouldn't comment on Trump's comments on McCain because they are both Cruz's friends. I cannot imagine McCain regarding Cruz as a friend.

Too bad his staff messed up his '08 campaign with Palin or we all might be a lot better off now with McCain as POTUS.
Many in the organized crime family known as the senate hate Cruz...why? I dont know how you rate people, but as an honest man, McCain will never be above average, and he certainly cant match Cruz's integrity.

Whatever McCain once was, today he is a hollow man who sold out. He has neglected our vets & only supports the military to fulfill his lobbyist's biding.

I accept McCain suffered greatly & dont mean to minimize his life long injuries. I cringe when I see him unable to raise his arms. Many of our boys were taken POW, sadistically tortured, deprived, manipulated & offered deals so that they could return home early. Many refused, many persevered until death...but we dont hear of their courage and heroics.

Maybe Im too skeptical, but I wonder how much of McCain Jr. "heroics" are a result of being the son of Admiral John S. McCain....and before dismissing my suspicions, JFK became a "war hero" because of his daddy.

For the record, I didnt serve.

I didnt vote for McCain, I voted against obama.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Trump is not a politician and I am okay with that. We have enough politicians. Trump is saying what is long overdue in being said; i.e., enough with all this PC feces.

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

I recall the quote from Maj. Dick Winters (Band of Brothers) who said,

"I treasure my remark to my grandson who asked, "Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?" "No... but I served in a company of heroes".

To me, John McCain put himself in great danger as a Naval Aviator, to defend others, when he didn't have to. His political career has no bearing, in my mind, on his military service. MHO.

Glockster

Post by Glockster »

Read an interesting article this morning in USA online (can't find the link now or I'd post it) that was an examination of Trump's supposed comments as reported by the Washington Post. The reporter pointed out that he was in fact misquoted regarding what he said about McCain, that he in fact said four time that McCain was a hero.

Certainly not taking Trump's side however keeping in mind what we all know the ilk of Washington Post and what they do, seems like more of a smear campaign against Trump, who is now reported to have a double digit lead over all, with 24%.
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

Return to “Off-Topic”