Ham roll call?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

User avatar

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 17589
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: Ham roll call?

#46

Post by Charles L. Cotton » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:01 am

mdubtx wrote:Waiting for a call sign... Passed the Technicians exam tonight. Looking into local clubs (Keller/Roanoke area) and beginner radios.
Congratulations!

Chas.

User avatar

cheezit
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1111
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:10 pm
Location: far n fortworh

Re: Ham roll call?

#47

Post by cheezit » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:35 am

mdubtx wrote:Waiting for a call sign... Passed the Technicians exam tonight. Looking into local clubs (Keller/Roanoke area) and beginner radios.
There's a club in the HEB area that gets together on Saturday mornings. There is also one in South lake, they meet at the fire station just north of the town center.

User avatar

Liberty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 6241
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Galveston
Contact:

Re: Ham roll call?

#48

Post by Liberty » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:20 am

Congratulations, Give me a holler if you find yourself down Galveston way. I' monitor most of the local Repeaters.
KF5IZN.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy


txpilot
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:19 am

Re: Ham roll call?

#49

Post by txpilot » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:09 am

Ok. I guesss I'll finally check in, but I haven't been active for a bit.

WK5M here - extra class, licensed since June 1962.


mdubtx
Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:15 pm

Re: Ham roll call?

#50

Post by mdubtx » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:28 pm

That was fast. Got this today... KG5TNR

Now, I still need a radio! LOL
cheezit wrote:[There is also one in South lake, they meet at the fire station just north of the town center.
I'll be reaching out to the NE Tarrant group and try to make the next meeting. Thanks cheezit.
Liberty wrote:Congratulations, Give me a holler if you find yourself down Galveston way. I' monitor most of the local Repeaters.
KF5IZN.
Will do KF5IZN. I try to get down and see a buddy in League City a couple times a year and usually venture down your way.
May we never haver to draw but always be prepared.
:patriot: :txflag:
NRA Benefactor Member / TSRA Family Membership

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2525
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: Ham roll call?

#51

Post by Flightmare » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 pm

Just got my tech license today. KG5TVF
Deplorable lunatic since 2016


mdubtx
Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:15 pm

Re: Ham roll call?

#52

Post by mdubtx » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:56 pm

Congratulations Flightmare!
May we never haver to draw but always be prepared.
:patriot: :txflag:
NRA Benefactor Member / TSRA Family Membership

User avatar

mcscanner
Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:18 pm
Location: Lewisville, TX

Re: Ham roll call?

#53

Post by mcscanner » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:45 am

mdubtx wrote:That was fast. Got this today... KG5TNR

Now, I still need a radio! LOL
cheezit wrote:[There is also one in South lake, they meet at the fire station just north of the town center.
I'll be reaching out to the NE Tarrant group and try to make the next meeting. Thanks cheezit.
Liberty wrote:Congratulations, Give me a holler if you find yourself down Galveston way. I' monitor most of the local Repeaters.
KF5IZN.
Will do KF5IZN. I try to get down and see a buddy in League City a couple times a year and usually venture down your way.
Field Day this weekend and we will be operating 2 stations in the EOC category, call sign N5EOC. Operations starts 1PM Sat. 24th. We will be setup on the east end of the building in the community common meeting room. Walk up the steps behind the statue and the room is just to the right of the entry doors. You are at the correct end of the building when you see the inverted V dipole hanging off the corner of the building on that end. Make sure you sign the visitor log. Licensed any class or not you can operate as we will have Extra class on hand at all times.

Government owned building and we are in the public access area. You all know what that means...

73, Mike KE5MC
The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

User avatar

KC5AV
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1915
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:24 pm
Location: Marshall

Re: Ham roll call?

#54

Post by KC5AV » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:48 am

I think I remember N5EOC in the logs from previous Field Days. We will be operating as KB5MAR in Marshall.
NRA lifetime member


mdubtx
Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:15 pm

Re: Ham roll call?

#55

Post by mdubtx » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:32 pm

mcscanner wrote:
Field Day this weekend and we will be operating 2 stations in the EOC category, call sign N5EOC. Operations starts 1PM Sat. 24th. We will be setup on the east end of the building in the community common meeting room. Walk up the steps behind the statue and the room is just to the right of the entry doors. You are at the correct end of the building when you see the inverted V dipole hanging off the corner of the building on that end. Make sure you sign the visitor log. Licensed any class or not you can operate as we will have Extra class on hand at all times.

Government owned building and we are in the public access area. You all know what that means...

73, Mike KE5MC
I'll be there! Made the meeting Wednesday night and joined the group. I'm logging for Ted [didn't get his call] on station 2, 8:00-9:00PM.
May we never haver to draw but always be prepared.
:patriot: :txflag:
NRA Benefactor Member / TSRA Family Membership

User avatar

LimaCharlie3
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:46 am
Location: corpus christi, tx

Re: Ham roll call?

#56

Post by LimaCharlie3 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:40 pm

KA5YBX here. Licensed in 1985. Kinda slacked off on it in recent years but now I'm retired and have the time. However, now I'm nearly deaf so I'm going to concentrate on Digital modes. Packet has changed immensely since the 80's so I'm having to relearn the stuff. Been a Tech all this time but I think I'll upgrade next testing session.


ghostrider
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1741
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:05 am
Location: Free Republic of Texas

Re: Ham roll call?

#57

Post by ghostrider » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:40 pm

another lurking HAM here :-)
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: Ham roll call?

#58

Post by bblhd672 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:12 pm

Received my Technician license today after passing test last Saturday. Not sure about posting call sign on public forum.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

User avatar

yodajim
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:50 am
Location: Ranson Canyon , Texas

Re: Ham roll call?

#59

Post by yodajim » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:23 am

KI4TUQ
I received it while in Florida

User avatar

kg5ie
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:53 am
Location: Denton, TX
Contact:

Re: Ham roll call?

#60

Post by kg5ie » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:19 am

Cowtown ARC meets on Thursday nights. You are welcome any time. Club call is K5COW. Repeater 147.28 (110.9)


Congrats!

Bill
kg5ie
Bill Davis [kg5ie]
TX LTC Instructor / School Safety Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor
http://safe-2-carry.com

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”