A bit of a protest in Irving, Tx

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Re: A bit of a protest in Irving, Tx

Post by mojo84 »

I've reserved posting my thoughts on this for a bit so I could process them further. I believe what the protesters did was similar to what the Westboro Baptist idiots do. Just because something may be legal, it doesn't make it moral, ethical or right.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Richbirdhunter »

mojo84 wrote:I've reserved posting my thoughts on this for a bit so I could process them further. I believe what the protesters did was similar to what the Westboro Baptist idiots do. Just because something may be legal, it doesn't make it moral, ethical or right.
Just so we're clear, the Westboro Baptist church protests homosexuality by disrupting fallen soldiers funerals. The protesters in Irving protested radical Islam by going to a mosque. Please explain how these two things are similar?
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bmwrdr »

Richbirdhunter wrote:
mojo84 wrote:I've reserved posting my thoughts on this for a bit so I could process them further. I believe what the protesters did was similar to what the Westboro Baptist idiots do. Just because something may be legal, it doesn't make it moral, ethical or right.
Just so we're clear, the Westboro Baptist church protests homosexuality by disrupting fallen soldiers funerals. The protesters in Irving protested radical Islam by going to a mosque. Please explain how these two things are similar?
The action and behavior of the protesters are tactless and tasteless in both cases in my very own opinion.

:tiphat:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Beiruty »

VoiceofReason wrote:
Beiruty wrote:
VoiceofReason wrote:This whole thing is stupid.

“By their own website’s admission, if U.S. law conflicts with Sharia law, “we follow Sharia law.” It also openly admitted separate rules for men and women in their proceedings, discriminating and humiliating women which is against the U.S. Constitution.”

The first time a man hit his wife and she called 911 or someone saw it and called it in, the guy would find himself in handcuffs going to jail. I would pay to watch him tell the judge that “we follow Sharia law.”. "rlol" "rlol"

In the comments,
Michael says:
October 27, 2015 at 1:10 pm
“I’m shocked four people thought this was a good idea. Vote those fools out. Liberals out of control and Muslims taking advantage of the ignorance. In Texas!”

He is right. The oath I took said “I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic;” Those four that voted in favor of allowing a “Sharia Court.” Should be immediately arrested, removed from office, and charged with whatever law that prevents attempting to undermine the Constitution.

They are domestic enemies of the Constitution :patriot:
I agree with you, but I read somewhere that Orthodox Jews have their own court. If true, do we arrest those too?
I believe you misunderstood my point. Maybe I did a poor job of getting it across.

The hypothetical Muslim man that hit his wife would not be arrested for following Sharia law but for violating our laws.

Those four that voted to allow courts to be established under Sharia law were voting to allow Muslims do disregard our constitution and our laws.

I have no knowledge about Orthodox Jews and their own court but when it gets down to it I would bet that our laws take prescience over theirs.

Thanks JP171 for the assist. I occasionally go into “brain lock” when addressing a subject that raises my blood pressure.

All of this is ridiculous any way. The city of Irving does not have the final word in this case. The State and Federal governments would make the final determination. This just indicates how much these particular Muslims don’t know about our country.
In Lebanon, we have Islamic and Christian courts. Both are limited to family law (inheritance, divorce, etc). Criminal law is still in the hands of the Government. It has been working for centuries. However, Lebanon is not US. Lebanon is collection of religious minority with deep conservatism.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

suthdj
Posts in topic: 2

Post by suthdj »

21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

SA_Steve
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SA_Steve »

Looks like a link that updates to the latest news...nothing about Irving, TX now.
You may have the last word.

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

SA_Steve wrote:Looks like a link that updates to the latest news...nothing about Irving, TX now.
No it is in regards to thread drift for sharia/Christian courts.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

EEllis
Banned

Post by EEllis »

Right2Carry wrote:
Beiruty wrote:
Abraham wrote:G.A. Heath

Much of what you posted sounds reasonable, but this statement doesn't make sense to me.

"I would however like to know how many people at that Mosque are now more likely to be radicalized because of the intimidation efforts of this crowd."

Isn't this the same kind of thinking liberals are always bemoaning happens because we fight radicalized jihadis?
No, if you threaten some peaceful worshipers at a Mosque. One of those young men could pushed to respond in kind, even worse, return armed and misguidedly goes in shoot out with the armed protesters.
This has to be avoided at any cost. Confrontation is the worst that can happen. The whole community needs the Muslims community to be on their side. For all haters and doubters, do you know who would the first to tip FBI of any suspected terrorist?
When I start seeing Muslim leadership and peaceful Muslims denounce the Terror Attacks happening world wide, then maybe I will believe that they have a peaceful Religion. Until I see protests denouncing terror attacks and condemning of the Radicals......the silence tells me they secretly support it.
They do regularly denounce terror attacks. Not every one that you could possibly call leaders, but there are always some, and sometime many, who do denounce terrorism. It's just not considered news worthy.

HKsig

Post by HKsig »

The Muslims weren't even supposed to be here. We have a law on immigration that Muslims are not allowed to enter the USA.

Now who's fault is that?

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

One Muslim doctor brought me back from the dead.......so I guess I'm happy there are a lot of good ones that are here.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

It isn't such a bad thing to let potential Muslim terrorist know that we won't just meekly stand by and let them committ terrorism without backlash. I am sure there are good and bad ways of doing this, but doing nothing and claiming "live and let live" may not be enough.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

HKsig wrote:The Muslims weren't even supposed to be here. We have a law on immigration that Muslims are not allowed to enter the USA.

Now who's fault is that?
Not even remotely true under the constitution of USA.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

HKsig wrote:The Muslims weren't even supposed to be here. We have a law on immigration that Muslims are not allowed to enter the USA.

Now who's fault is that?
Are you in Japan? "rlol"
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

EEllis wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:
Beiruty wrote:

Much of what you posted sounds reasonable, but this statement doesn't make sense to me.

"I would however like to know how many people at that Mosque are now more likely to be radicalized because of the intimidation efforts of this crowd."

Isn't this the same kind of thinking liberals are always bemoaning happens because we fight radicalized jihadis?
No, if you threaten some peaceful worshipers at a Mosque. One of those young men could pushed to respond in kind, even worse, return armed and misguidedly goes in shoot out with the armed protesters.
This has to be avoided at any cost. Confrontation is the worst that can happen. The whole community needs the Muslims community to be on their side. For all haters and doubters, do you know who would the first to tip FBI of any suspected terrorist?
When I start seeing Muslim leadership and peaceful Muslims denounce the Terror Attacks happening world wide, then maybe I will believe that they have a peaceful Religion. Until I see protests denouncing terror attacks and condemning of the Radicals......the silence tells me they secretly support it.
They do regularly denounce terror attacks. Not every one that you could possibly call leaders, but there are always some, and sometime many, who do denounce terrorism. It's just not considered news worthy.
No they don't, not in any significant numbers. It would be newsworthy if in fact they were to denounce the attacks. That dog won't hunt!
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

Right2Carry wrote:
EEllis wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:
Beiruty wrote:

No they don't, not in any significant numbers. It would be newsworthy if in fact they were to denounce the attacks. That dog won't hunt!

I have to agree with Right2Carry . They could be afraid of their own in a sense , they could think they are caught in the middle between us (born Americans) or the demonic others that claim the same allegiance to the same name of personal thought . Just hunkered down and hoping it will go away , It will not go away , thats not likely to happen . They need to commit . During WW 2 the Japanese were rounded up and placed in 'camps' . The men among them pleaded to fight the common enemy to prove their patriotism and devotion to America , the United states . They were at last permitted to and the American Japanese were awarded more medals and credit than most company's in the field , they gave their all to prove their allegiance . Just an example , don' t see that happening now , if they are non violent they are just cowering to see witch way the wind blows . No commitment , they are not us .

Return to “Off-Topic”