Computers, Internet, Dating and more!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bearlesjr
Posts in topic: 3

Computers, Internet, Dating and more!

Post by bearlesjr »

Should we have some sort of censoring on the available internet access? A lot of countries already do it!
Just as an example. There have been several bombings around the world. And what they discovered is that they got the info from a web site.
Hell, I have an 80% ar lower being delivered soon with a jig to complete it. Anyone can do this!
I'm not going to run out and shoot up a movie theater! But it raises the question that anyone that has access to a mill can make their own with out any questions.
Rather than restrict law abiding citizens and or profiling. Just cut off the access to items like self made arms.

Now, As far as internet goes. Met my wife of 16 years now almost 20 years ago on ICQ if anyone knows what that is.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Computers, Internet, Dating and more!

Post by Jusme »

If we start censoring information where do we draw the line? We can't demand 2A rights and do away with 1A
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

justa2e2
Posts in topic: 1

Post by justa2e2 »

No we should not have any sort of censoring of the internet.

Distinguished Rick

Post by Distinguished Rick »

Censorship in any form is bad. Period. It would never stop at the internet. Crack the door open and it will lead to more than just censorship.
CHL holder since 1996.
USMC Shooting Team 1985 - 1988
Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
"People sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Distinguished Rick wrote:Censorship in any form is bad. Period. It would never stop at the internet. Crack the door open and it will lead to more than just censorship.
No one can censor the internet, unless you shut down the internet. It was designed to be non-defeated system.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
bearlesjr

Post by bearlesjr »

Jusme wrote:If we start censoring information where do we draw the line? We can't demand 2A rights and do away with 1A
I absolutely agree!!! But as it is right now, any stoned half whit with a crock pot and a gift card from Home Depot or Lowe's can kill 30 people.
I am all for the 1st and 2nd amendment! I hope that is apparent because I'm here!
I have some really big concerns about this Obama/Clinton administration. We as legal carry, law abiding citizens have to come up with a solution!!!
The crock pot killings have to stop in order to maintain our freedoms!
You and I both know when it come to government it's all or nothing! We have to give them a solution to protect our freedoms!

As John Boy would say: They ain't smart enough to figure it out on there own! (typo intended) :lol:

Lets give the government a feasible argument! Not a stupid excuse to take away our rights!

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

bearlesjr wrote:
Jusme wrote:If we start censoring information where do we draw the line? We can't demand 2A rights and do away with 1A
I absolutely agree!!! But as it is right now, any stoned half whit with a crock pot and a gift card from Home Depot or Lowe's can kill 30 people.
I am all for the 1st and 2nd amendment! I hope that is apparent because I'm here!
I have some really big concerns about this Obama/Clinton administration. We as legal carry, law abiding citizens have to come up with a solution!!!
You and I both know when it come to government it's all or nothing! We have to give them a solution to protect our freedoms!

As John Boy would say: They ain't smart enough to figure it out on there own! (typo intended) :lol:

Lets give the government a feasible argument! Not a stupid excuse to take away our rights!
You don't restrict the freedoms of the many because a few are evil. no matter how many lives are saved.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

Texas_Blaze
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Texas_Blaze »

bearlesjr wrote:

Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

bearlesjr wrote:

That's a lot of exclamation points there partner. Is that you Donald?
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

bearlesjr wrote:

It's true any crackpot can kill a lot of people but that's the same argument gun grabbers have about guns you can't take away everything that is potentially life threatening but you can hold accountable those who threaten or take life. Ever since man figured out he could roll a big rock down the hill to kill or maim others, the information became available to someone else. We can't clear all of the rocks from the earth but we can punish those who use them to destroy innocent life.

cbunt1

Post by cbunt1 »

Freedom isn't free.

Freedom comes with risks.

These are risks I'm willing to accept.

These risks are far fewer than the alternative.

Censoring any material provides only a false sense of security. The "wack job" is just as capable of injuring/maiming/killing just as many people with or without a copy of (for example) The Anarchist Cookbook.

Certain household chemicals, when mixed, create the same reaction when mixed regardless of who has the knowledge.
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

cbunt1 wrote:Freedom isn't free.

Freedom comes with risks.

Freedom comes with far fewer risks than the alternative.

These are risks I'm willing to accept.
:iagree:

Information isn't bad, the Internet isn't bad it can be used to help doctors diagnose patients a continent away, it can allow deployed soldiers witness the birth of their child it can teach inspire and provide life saving technology it is the misuse of the information that is the problem. Blaming the information or the pathway it travels is the same as blaming guns for violence committed by people.

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Should we have some sort of censoring on the available internet access?
No.
Should we have some sort of censoring on the available internet access? A lot of countries already do it!
A lot of countries ban guns & free speech. Doesn't mean we should.
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

I agree with almost all opinions above but would like to add one more, lets actually punish those that commit these heinous acts. I don't mean add them to the already overcrowded prisons so they can learn new crafts, but actually punish them. I DO NOT mean stepping outside the law but merely enforcing the laws that are already in place and on the books. Stop the automatic appeals & all the other bull and truly hold responsible those who should be punished. For some reason that simple thought seems to not be possible to accomplish, although Sheriff Joe & others have tried. Sorry. Thank you for allowing the rant.

Oh.. what is ICQ ? Even this late in my life I am still somewhat computer illterate.

fickman

Post by fickman »

We are grossly overregulated as it is and need to be heading in the opposite direction - towards liberty.

By the way, the Internet is off limits to some people that lost their right through due process in the criminal justice system (Mitnik was banned for several years as part of his plea deal). I'm ok with that.

On the sub-topic, I've wasted more time on ICQ, IRC, and others than I care to think about.
Native Texian

Return to “Off-Topic”