Yeager in trouble yet again

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Mike S
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Yeager in trouble yet again

Post by Mike S »

carlson1 wrote:I have noticed a lot of people using the charging handle rather than the bolt release. Maybe someone can provided an answer.
I'll take a swag at it being the "fine motor skills will kick your butt in combat, so adopt my super sexy looking gross motor manipulation of the charging handle technique", or the "make sure there's a round chambered, so go ahead & rack it again just to make sure, even if your slamming the magazine in releases the bolt catch just-to-be-sure technique". But then again, I'm biased to the simple things in life that actually have a track record of working, & lots of practice until it's an automatic response when needed (like pushing the good-ol standard bolt catch on the M-4 to release the bolt).

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

OK, Jaggo beat me to it, & I was being snarkey. I'm guilty of browsing some of Yeager's YouTuve videos in the past (along with lots of others to pick & choose the techniques that make sense), & I believe Jaggo is correct. (One size fits all muscle memory, I believe is how he puts it. This adage I can buy into, but I'm not buying it's application here).

Charlies.Contingency
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
Charlies.Contingency wrote:I still cannot swallow that the instructors will stand in front of the firing line, in between targets. My aim is true, but there are always unpredictable variables. I would never allow such practices on my property. Entirely too dangerous.
I was wondering when someone would comment on that. Plus the firing line discipline on the hot range was extremely lax with students often shooting from behind other students. I did like the little dance they did with gun barrels pointing up into the air :nono: and am still trying to figure out why the guy on the end would rack the charging handle instead of using the bolt release. But hey, they do have nice kit.
The dance was cute, it made me chuckle every time I watched it. I guess they like it better than pointing the rifle down, and checking their surrounds with their head/neck.

I think the use of the charging handle comes from a lot of people saying lately not to use your bolt release or slide release on handguns, because they will wear down and not work properly. :roll: YMMV
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Look into Yeager's background.

He's made a name, based on not much...

Whal
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Whal »

My car is a tool also, but I don't try to get scratches and dents.

karder

Post by karder »

A hand grenade is a tool too. I wouldn't suggest dropping one on the ground and stomping on it. It probably won't go off...probably. Yeager isn't my cup of tea, but to each his own.
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

tyree

Post by tyree »

I would much rather spend my hard earned money at well respected training sites with a track record of intentional safety like Gunsite or Thunder Ranch...

Return to “Off-Topic”