It's finally been settled!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

It's finally been settled!

Post by Right2Carry »

“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Re: It's finally been settled!

Post by Excaliber »

Well put!

"rlol"
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Jketchum
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jketchum »

I like it!

Abraham
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Abraham »

Yep, it'll go pew pew pew 8 times and then it's outta juice...A Glock .45 caliber on the other hand will go pew, pew, pew 10/13 times before it's outta juice (plus, it's dependable)

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

See the currently running thread regarding a 61 year old woman and what happened to her when she ran out of bullets.

Don't buy guns that hold only a few bullets.

Presumably, she was shooting a revolver, which in most cases holds only 5/6 rounds. Pretty anemic capacity. That's less even than the ancient .45 1911 which itself is fairly low on round count, most especially in this day and age when some pistols hold as many as 20 rounds.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

AndyC wrote:... , I know when to use "it's"
Proper use of the apostrophe denoting pluralization and possession in English is a hallmark of literacy. When my children encountered college English classes, they thanked me for requiring that they speak and write well.

Regardless of the egregious error in this meme, the 1911 will always have a special place in my heart. My first individual weapon in the Army and the first pistol I carried.
:patriot:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

Abraham wrote:Yep, it'll go pew pew pew 8 times and then it's outta juice...A Glock .45 caliber on the other hand will go pew, pew, pew 10/13 times before it's outta juice (plus, it's dependable)

Even better yet, any 9mm Glock (except the G43) can go pew up to 34 times (33 round mag + 1 in the chamber) before it's out of juice. And there's no pesky external safety or hammer to concern yourself with. (Makes for a better defensive pistol.)
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

"the 1911 will always have a special place in my heart"

Me too, right next to the flintlocks and blunderbusses.

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by flintknapper »

Abraham wrote:Yep, it'll go pew pew pew 8 times and then it's outta juice...A Glock .45 caliber on the other hand will go pew, pew, pew 10/13 times before it's outta juice (plus, it's dependable)
Hi capacity 1911's have been around for quite awhile. I've been carrying one (13 round) for 20 years. Best of both worlds.

Glocks do enjoy a well deserved reputation for dependability, but MY 1911 is easily their equal.

I just can't bring myself to buy a Glock for several reasons, chief among them...is that they are ugly.

Yeah, I know...a pistol has to 'function' first (and most makes do), but there is no reason for a pistol to look like it 'fell out of the ugly tree and hit every limb on the way down'! Just isn't!
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Texsquatch

Post by Texsquatch »

Abraham wrote:"the 1911 will always have a special place in my heart"

Me too, right next to the flintlocks and blunderbusses.
That's hilarious.

I always crack up when people get worked up about 1911's - especially when comparing to Glocks.

I love the old Colts. The first one I had (after many hours of shooting, tweeks, polishing here and there, oh - and finding the right ammo, and hollow points that wouldn't snag) ran flawlessly. :biggrinjester:

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Calling my beloved Glocks ugly is meaner than calling my dog "Fleatus" ugly, sob, cough, sob....

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

I will reserve comments to preserve the peace and serenity of this thread.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

Liberty
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Liberty »

I never understood the emotional attachments to the 1911. a 100 year old design that has a reputation for being finnicky. Are they pretty? I suppose so, but installed in a proper holster who will notice? Its a tool, such an attachment to a penknife or electric drill wouldn't be concidered normal.

I can understand a preference for a 1911, a Glock or any other platform... But the emotional attachment and reverence for these things don't make sense to me Any hand gun, is an engineering compromise. some of these compromises may be in safety, capacity and firepower, reliability, ease of carry including availability of holsters).

What bothers me about the fanboism of the 1911 is how it affects newbies. I don't believe the 1911s are an ideal choice for most newbies. Too expensive, to picky, to complicated. and usually too heavy. I don't mean to demean the 1911 there are some mighty fine ones out there, and triggers are sure nice, they sure are pretty. and there are lot of gun people a lot smarter than me that prefer them.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Well ... Glock vs 1911 ...1911 will always be better than Glock in 1 area ... 1911 makes a better hammer if the grip us used to hammer nails
http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic. ... 08&t=83455

Return to “Off-Topic”