Houston School Officials Call Police After Student Tries Buying Lunch With $2 Bill

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Houston School Officials Call Police After Student Tries Buying Lunch With $2 Bill

Post by The Annoyed Man »

http://patch.com/us/across-america/hous ... h-2-bill-0
Houston School Officials Call Police After Student Tries Buying Lunch With $2 Bill.

HOUSTON, TX -- There are some people who've never seen a $2 bill, including, it would seem police, school officials and cafeteria workers in Houston who were convinced an eighth-grader was using counterfeit money to buy chicken nuggets during lunch.

{——SNIP——}

“I went to the lunch line, and they said my $2 bill was fake,” the eighth-grader told KTRK-TV. “They gave it to the police. Then they sent me to the police office. A police officer said I could be in big trouble.”
Just how dumb are some of the "educators" down there? :roll:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Javier730

Re: Houston School Officials Call Police After Student Tries Buying Lunch With $2 Bill

Post by Javier730 »

Yup seen some stories like this before :banghead:
http://mobile.wnd.com/2005/04/29732/
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Houston School Officials Call Police After Student Tries Buying Lunch With $2 Bill

Post by WildBill »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
“I went to the lunch line, and they said my $2 bill was fake,” the eighth-grader told KTRK-TV. “They gave it to the police. Then they sent me to the police office. A police officer said I could be in big trouble.”
Just how dumb are some of the "educators" down there? :roll:
Of course that is a rhetorical question.
Charges were not filed. But the grandmother is still upset over the entire episode.
Maybe charges should be filed. :rules:
NRA Endowment Member

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

Just wait until the Harriet Tubmans arrive.

"rlol"

Texsquatch

Post by Texsquatch »

I was praying this was a belated April Fools. This is beyond ridiculous.

In high school our head football coach was also AD and he would join the baseball team on playoff trips or tournaments and give us each three $2 bills for meal money. Some guys would even exchange with other guys so they'd see how many $2 bills they could save. Kind of an inside game/joke with us.

Texsquatch

Post by Texsquatch »

wheelgun1958 wrote:Just wait until the Harriet Tubmans arrive.

"rlol"
That's hilarious! If they look close to the weird mock ups I've seen on local news & websites, I may not accept them myself! I really thought it was a joke at first because the mock ups were so horrible. I'm not trying to offend Harriet Tubman, but the artist renderings were terrible!

philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

Don't educators watch TV or sell their scrap aluminum or AC condensers they have just stolen from a neighbors previously working AC system and get paid in $2 bills.

dave_in_austin

Post by dave_in_austin »

I read that the real issue was not that it was $2 bill, but that the bill tested as counterfeit with the "money testing pen" that the cashier used. Then, suspecting that the student may have coped a genuine bill on a coper or printer they contacted the police who then took the bill to a bank for evaluation. The bank people were able to verify that the bill was authentic. It was not a case of not knowing what a $2 bill was, but more a case of a bad authentication process at the school.

Texsquatch

Post by Texsquatch »

dave_in_austin wrote:I read that the real issue was not that it was $2 bill, but that the bill tested as counterfeit with the "money testing pen" that the cashier used. Then, suspecting that the student may have coped a genuine bill on a coper or printer they contacted the police who then took the bill to a bank for evaluation. The bank people were able to verify that the bill was authentic. It was not a case of not knowing what a $2 bill was, but more a case of a bad authentication process at the school.
There you go...ruining a good story with the truth.

rotor

Post by rotor »

The feds let them sell chicken nuggets at a school?

cbunt1

Post by cbunt1 »

rotor wrote:The feds let them sell chicken nuggets at a school?
The chicken nuggets are counterfeit.

The scandal over a potentially counterfeit $2 bill is smokescreen. .

Sounds like an attempted like for like exchange to me! :biggrinjester:
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

I've heard that some of the more "disreputable nightclubs" in Dallas hand out $2 bills as change to help out the independent contractor "performers" that provide "entertainment" at said venues... :shock:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

In the 1980's when I was in college, we used to ask the bank to order $2 bills when they did their monthly cash orders. We would then cash paychecks from our jobs and ask for $2's which were immediately recycled in the local bar on $2 Budweiser Pitcher night and $2 chicken wings night. :smilelol5:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

dave_in_austin wrote:I read that the real issue was not that it was $2 bill, but that the bill tested as counterfeit with the "money testing pen" that the cashier used. Then, suspecting that the student may have coped a genuine bill on a coper or printer they contacted the police who then took the bill to a bank for evaluation. The bank people were able to verify that the bill was authentic. It was not a case of not knowing what a $2 bill was, but more a case of a bad authentication process at the school.
I haven't been able to find that in any articles I read, but I heard in a TV report that the "pen didn't work". The pens do not work on bills printed prior to 1960 per the information I've read. I believe the people involved had no idea there were actually two dollar bills and if it hadn't been a two dollar bill I'm betting it would never have been tested in the first place. MHO
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Yeah, when do you test $2 bills.

I am aware of two HS kids at a prominent private school here in Houston who produced $5 bills and sold them at school for like $20 for $50. Not sure what they did to age them, but their plan didn't last long.

Return to “Off-Topic”