17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL- I'm back

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 20

17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL- I'm back

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pistol-used- ... tml?ref=gs

The unfortunate poster child for CHL, George Zimmerman, who just does not want to stay out of the news, is planning to auction off the gun he used to kill Trayvon Martin.

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL- I'm back

Post by twomillenium »

I am sure you mean the gun he used to defend himself against Trayvon Martin.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.click2houston.com/entertainm ... von-martin

New play opening about the life of Trayvon Martin.

I can't wait for the movie adaptation.

No doubt Jaden Smith will play Trayvon Martin, Will Smith his dad, Jada Pinkett Smith his mom.

Javier730
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Javier730 »

twomillenium wrote:I am sure you mean the gun he used to defend himself against Trayvon Martin.
:iagree:
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

n5wmk
Posts in topic: 1

Post by n5wmk »

Gunbroker has now removed the auction. Don't know whether or not it will be back. I'm guessing they were getting a lot of negative publicity about the auction. Just my opinion.
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

Mick22

Post by Mick22 »

$5,000 for a Kel-tec? No thanks. Although, I'm sure there is a market for such items and it would have sold.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

The original statement was correct. He did kill him. He did not murder him.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

C-dub wrote:The original statement was correct. He did kill him. He did not murder him.
:iagree: Nice pick-up C-dub! As discussed prior in this thread: http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic. ... l#p1069041
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

philip964 wrote: The unfortunate poster child for CHL, George Zimmerman, who just does not want to stay out of the news, is planning to auction off the gun he used to kill Trayvon Martin.
This clown doesn't realize how lucky his as been and will stop at nothing until he causes something terrible happens to him.

I am not a shrink, but it almost as though he wants to be punished. :headscratch
NRA Endowment Member

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

C-dub wrote:The original statement was correct. He did kill him. He did not murder him.
But the second comment was righter.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

twomillenium wrote:
But the second comment was righter.
:iagree:

So interesting how language can so easily color an event.

Murder, kill, self defend.

KLB

Post by KLB »

twomillenium wrote:I am sure you mean the gun he used to defend himself against Trayvon Martin.
I prefer your characterization, and I generally sympathize with Zimmerman. The proposed sale, however, is utterly tasteless. I hope I'm never in a situation in which I have to take the life of another. But if I am, I can't imagine wanting to try to turn a financial profit on the encounter.

uthornsfan

Post by uthornsfan »

He has been financially ruined. What else do you expect him to do.

Fyi I think its pretty sick as well. Im just saying, if you need money...

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Maybe someone Liberal can buy it and donate it to the Obama Library for the Trayvon Martin room or the Obama's campaign against gun violence room.

That would make the most sense, it would have Sandyhook, Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown featured. It would show the violence Obama tried to end by making the police out as criminals and the ending private ownership of guns by honest citizens. It would be careful not have any mention of workplace violence in the military or any other shootings where some one mentioned Allah'u Akbar. As that would be counter to the message.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

philip964 wrote:Maybe someone Liberal can buy it and donate it to the Obama Library for the Trayvon Martin room or the Obama's campaign against gun violence room.

That would make the most sense, it would have Sandyhook, Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown featured. It would show the violence Obama tried to end by making the police out as criminals and the ending private ownership of guns by honest citizens. It would be careful not have any mention of workplace violence in the military or any other shootings where some one mentioned Allah'u Akbar. As that would be counter to the message.
It would make more sense for me to buy it and have it melted into a blob of metal which I could throw into Galveston Bay. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Off-Topic”