Yikes.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Yikes.

Post by ELB »

Tread plate came off 18 wheeler on I 10 at Seguin.
USAF 1982-2005

2farnorth

Re: Yikes.

Post by 2farnorth »

Wow. Looks like the steering wheel kept it out of the driver's chest.
I've had objects such as ladders, building supplies, garbage, and sheet metal roofing come out of pickups in front of me more than once. I won't follow any vehicle that has any kind of a load unless I can see that it is secured. In fact I've called in pickups that are carrying unsecured ladders. Once you have had a ladder with it's end face high in front of you at 70 mph you become a little sensitive.
N5PNZ

bnc

Post by bnc »

Wow. That reminds me of when I saw a full sheet of plywood take flight from a truck bed once. Luckily I was on the other side of a divided highway, but seeing that while riding a motorcycle definitely gets your attention.

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

2farnorth wrote: Once you have had a ladder with it's end face high in front of you at 70 mph you become a little sensitive.
Amen to that. Had an intact extension ladder fly towards me after it was hit by another vehicle on 290, at full speed. Managed to hit it dead center on one of its bounces with the tires of the H3 I was driving, turned it into a speed bump. Behind me, all kinds of chaos ensued.

Took the next exit and sat in some very slow, but safe, traffic while the adrenaline spike burned off.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Bayoutalker

Post by Bayoutalker »

A co-worker had a truck in front of him carrying a pinball machine lose the glass from the top of the machine, fly off and tumble through the air and into his windshield. Scared the doodoo out of him.
Cliff H.
Beaumont, TX

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

My husband's motorcycle accident last Oct, a truck lost it's loading ramp....crazy freak accidents.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “Off-Topic”