Republican Convention: Cruz supporters planning trouble?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 20

Republican Convention: Cruz supporters planning trouble?

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/07 ... trump.html

I will vote for the Republican nominee regardless who it is. However, as a long-time Cruz supporter, if he and his crew pull this garbage, and in the process hurt Trump's chances of defeating Hillary, then I will not vote for him for reelection to the Senate. This reeks of a banana republic or worse, Democrats. Cruz lost! Live with it. Don't do anything that makes it better for Clinton.

Cruz has a bright future in politics, but not if he goes along with this underhanded stuff.

Chas.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 11

Re: Republican Convention: Cruz supporters planning trouble?

Post by mojo84 »

Speaking of banana republic, on top of that there is a powder keg about to blow outside the convention center. Protesters are getting chippy.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I just read the same article maybe 15 minutes ago. I totally agree. Why blow apart the party now? This is just causing trouble at this point in the game.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ScottDLS »

Just as we keep hearing from Trump...the supporters are not the same as the candidate...
a – inside, from forces loyal to Ted Cruz mulling a procedural fight
Nothing in the news clip leads me to believe that Cruz has anything to do with it, any more than Trump has anything to do with some of the racist and antisemitic groups that have said they support him.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

parabelum
Posts in topic: 8

Post by parabelum »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/07 ... trump.html

I will vote for the Republican nominee regardless who it is. However, as a long-time Cruz supporter, if he and his crew pull this garbage, and in the process hurt Trump's chances of defeating Hillary, then I will not vote for him for reelection to the Senate. This reeks of a banana republic or worse, Democrats. Cruz lost! Live with it. Don't do anything that makes it better for Clinton.

Cruz has a bright future in politics, but not if he goes along with this underhanded stuff.

Chas.

Agree 100%.

This is not what we need. I hope Cruz comes out and puts an end to this so that we can focus on that Hillary creature.

She has to be stopped.

The Wall
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Wall »

Ted Cruz is scheduled to speak at the convention on Wednesday Prime Time.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

ScottDLS wrote:Just as we keep hearing from Trump...the supporters are not the same as the candidate...
a – inside, from forces loyal to Ted Cruz mulling a procedural fight
Nothing in the news clip leads me to believe that Cruz has anything to do with it, any more than Trump has anything to do with some of the racist and antisemitic groups that have said they support him.
Cruz is behind it. He and his "people" are in negotiations with the Chairman and the Trump campaign trying to get some concessions. Also, Cruz could bring it to a halt simply by saying "stop." He hasn't done it.

Chas.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Police scanner is now revealing there are "heated" arguments on the convention floor.

My country has become an embarrassment.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jason812
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jason812 »

I do not understand this. Trump will have a hard enough time winning. But if the Republican party puts somebody on the ticket other than Trump at this point on the game, you can call Hillary, Madam President. (I just threw up in my mouth a little)
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

dlh
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dlh »

I have never been a fan of Ted Cruz. I do like his stand on the second amendment. However, he generally has a political philosophy of "sinking the ship to get rid of the rats." Additionally, he stabbed fellow Republican John Cornyn in the back when he refused to endorse Cornyn in Cornyn's re-election bid and instead endorsed Cornyn's opponent. I do not know either man personally but I would assume their relations are "strained."
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

This all shows how divided and fractured the republican party is. This divisiveness has been festering for a long time. It now may be coming to a head and it will end up benefitting Clinton and the progressives.

Just like when it comes to many discussions regarding second amendment, everyone takes a hardline stand and all other opinions are flat wrong. Then it dengrates to the other point of view makes the other an enemy.

Our country and the republicans are divided and divided we fall.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I happened to watch a documentary on the Civil war yesterday, and was surprised to learn that when Lincoln was running for re-election, in the midst of the war, the Republicans tried to replace him on the ballot with someone else since they figured he had little to no chance of winning the general election against Mc Lelllan. Kind of reminded me of what is still going on today.

John Galt
Posts in topic: 3

Post by John Galt »

This reeks and looks very bad for Cruz.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

And Mike Lee. Both of which could be future conservative champions.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

jason812 wrote:(I just threw up in my mouth a little)
Get ready for a lot more.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Return to “Off-Topic”