TRUMP

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Re: TRUMP

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Oldgringo wrote:Just reading through this thread, et al, reinforces my glee with having lived this long. I feel kinda' sorry for the young folk who have not much for which to look forward.
:cryin
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

sugar land dave
Posts in topic: 1

Post by sugar land dave »

What do you mean Oldgringo? They have PokemonGo and the new Iphone 7S which I am sure will be coming out any day now....
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

sugar land dave wrote:What do you mean Oldgringo? They have PokemonGo and the new Iphone 7S which I am sure will be coming out any day now....
Exactly!

v7a
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by v7a »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:See that 12%? Looks an awful lot like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... tion,_1992
Wikipedia wrote:Perot siphoned votes nearly equally among Bush and Clinton
I believe a recent poll shows the same thing regarding Johnson, although I don't have a link handy.

If Hillary wins, it's unlikely to be due to people voting for Johnson. It will be because the GOP nominated the most unfavorable candidate in recent history who then proceeded to self-sabotage pretty much every single day after he secured the nomination.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:There will be no third party candidate elected in the next 2 decades.
That because the people who are either democrat or republican more out of habit than actual conviction keep getting told not to consider it.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 9

Post by mojo84 »

SewTexas wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
SewTexas wrote:Y'all do realize there is a 3rd party that is pro-gun....right? And Johnson is gaining ground.
Yeah, but I have too many other conflicts with Johnson. Plus, he has much less of a chance than Trump.

I'm not sure what they could be. He's actually more conservative than The Donald in many areas. ....and they are now talking about allowing him into the debates, so his polling numbers are going up.

Here is some food for thought.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Gary_Johnson.htm
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

allisji

Post by allisji »

One thing that I've noticed about Trump and his media coverage during the campaign is that he was almost a media darling during the primaries. I couldn't find a news channel that wasn't airing a Trump speech. Even with all of his media rivalries, he seemed to be the media darling. He owned it. Since the convention I haven't seen a televised Trump speech, the media is roasting him over every thing that he tweets and dissecting things that he has said, but they are not putting him on TV (except for maybe Bill O'Rielly). The MSM has turned quickly on him since he officially received the nomination. I think it may have caught him off-guard. I hope that he responds well this week.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

allisji wrote:One thing that I've noticed about Trump and his media coverage during the campaign is that he was almost a media darling during the primaries. I couldn't find a news channel that wasn't airing a Trump speech. Even with all of his media rivalries, he seemed to be the media darling. He owned it. Since the convention I haven't seen a televised Trump speech, the media is roasting him over every thing that he tweets and dissecting things that he has said, but they are not putting him on TV (except for maybe Bill O'Rielly). The MSM has turned quickly on him since he officially received the nomination. I think it may have caught him off-guard. I hope that he responds well this week.
You're right. They wanted him to be the candidate. That does not equate to them wanting him to be the president.

It's just like how we heard plenty of stories of 'crossover' Democrat voters voting for him in the Republican primaries. They, too, wanted Trump as the candidate that their candidate would run against.

This ain't Trump-bashing, it's just stating events as I see them. When we have the left's support for our candidate in the primary (as we did with crossovers and the media), that should worry all of us in the general.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

mojo84
Posts in topic: 9

Post by mojo84 »

allisji,
It seems like and ambush to me. It's apparent they wanted a Trump vs Hillary race.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

mojo84 wrote:allisji,
It seems like and ambush to me. It's apparent they wanted a Trump vs Hillary race.
Yes, the mainstream media selects the two candidates and selects the one to win. They do this by being who they are. Running favorable stories on who they want. Negative stories on who they dislike.

This week has been an hurricane of stories negative to Trump. Most seem to swirl around this gold star father. Khan. I'm not sure what Trump has done, but you would think that Trump had personally ignored his son's request for more security and then failed to send aid to get his son out of a deadly attack overseas and instead lied about it afterwards in a major coverup.

Even the VFW all of a sudden is attacking Trump. I was surprised the NRA hadn't decided to support Hillary this week as everyone seemed to be jumping ship.

I'm remembering names.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 15

Post by parabelum »

WTR wrote:
parabelum wrote:Because George Staphylococcus "forgot" to mention this:

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-president ... -scandals/

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-president ... migration/
AS I said, your sources are suspect at best.
For your own sake, I encourage you to read and familiarize yourself with certain names, as well as the references to "Islamic State" etc. made as far back as the early 80's.

Their son was an American hero. That does not give his parents who are borderline Islamic extremist according to my own findings, the right to exploit their son's death to further the cause of the very thing their son fought and died for.

" In 1983, for example, Khan wrote a glowing review of a book compiled from a seminar held in Kuwait called “Human Rights In Islam” in which he singles out for praise the keynote address of fellow Pakistani Allah K. Brohi, a pro-jihad Islamic jurist who was one of the closest advisers to late Pakistani dictator Gen. Zia ul-Haq, the father of the Taliban movement.
Khan speaks admiringly of Brohi’s interpretation of human rights, even though it included the right to kill and mutilate those who violate Islamic laws and even the right of men to “beat” wives who act “unseemly.”"

http://www.breitbart.com/national-secur ... on-sharia/

His review:

The document is linked below (hint, check pg.44 forward, "key note speech" by Allah K. Brohi, "...a pro-jihad Islamic jurist who was one of the closest advisers to late Pakistani dictator Gen. Zia ul-Haq, the father of the Taliban movement.").
I know it's a very long read, but since you will not accept the research of Walid Shoebat, you are free to read for yourself.

http://icj.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-c ... 80-eng.pdf

Lastly, many thanks to Walid Shoebot who worked tirelessly to warn the fools (many many references there...).

http://shoebat.com/2016/07/31/what-the- ... ed-states/

Why do I even bother posting this?
Well, it bothers me that so many fall for the media's attempt to brainwash the masses, and smear Trump relentlessly.

Mr. Khan opened his big fat mouth, and he has actually harmed his "cause" severely (which is great news for us), because now we the thinking Americans know little more about him.

A disgrace to his son who died protecting this Nation.

v7a
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by v7a »

mojo84 wrote:It seems like and ambush to me. It's apparent they wanted a Trump vs Hillary race.
An ambush that many people could see coming. People who opposed Trump in the primary repeatedly warned that the media was deliberately treating Trump with kid gloves and that this would change after the nomination. It was also clear that Trump would not be able to raise anywhere near as much money as Clinton. This was all dismissed by Trump supporters because "he's a media genius who's not running a traditional campaign". Well, we'll see who's the genius on Nov 9th.

As for the Khan controversy, Trump (and his supporters) simply don't know when to stop digging. From the latest Fox News poll:

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

This is just part of his plan to win bigly. All you conservative toads are just too brainwashed by the Establishment to recognize his brilliance. After he cleaned all the other 16 candidates' clocks in the Primary with an overwhelming plurality (38%), he moved to the final stage.

He is now wiping the mat with Hillary and stooges like Khan. He will now educate you all on his easy path to victory. Polls that show otherwise are rigged or manipulated by the Establishment and others who fail to acknowledge the Orange One's eminent talent and experience.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Lastest pole shows Clinton ahead by 15 points. Trump has done a horrible job campaigning since the convention. He has to get a filter on his mouth, the bully tactic is bleeding away his support.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Perhaps he has to be wise with his $$$ since he is not taking big corporations money
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “Off-Topic”