Hillary Clinton's supporters and the Second Amendment

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Hillary Clinton's supporters and the Second Amendment

Post by Pawpaw »

dlh wrote:Bill Clinton's Federal Assault Weapons Ban of 94 contained the sunset clause retiring the legislation in 2004. Obama and Hillary both want to reinstitute that ban with an additional dose of poison---they want to make the ban permanent---no sunset clause.

The 94 ban did not take away anybody's guns---it simply prohibited manufacturers from making a particular class of guns. Existing guns were grandfathered in. If I am wrong about that I am certainly happy for other members to correct my understanding of it.
Actually, you are very, very close. It din't ban any "classes of guns", but instead banned certain cosmetic features such as flash hiders and those incredibly evil and dangerous bayonet lugs.

The law also required the FBI to report to Congress on the effectiveness of the ban before it was to sunset. The FBI report concluded that the ban had no perceptible effect on crime. Further evidence that the Democrap's gun control agenda has nothing whatsoever to do with safety or crime.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 5

Post by crazy2medic »

AF-Odin wrote:Hmmmmm Crazt2medic. I fully realized that I could get killed assisting in attempts to implement my beliefs. Just the locations were Southeast Asia, Lebanon, and Iraq (as well as a couple of other places where the inhabitants did not want us to be). Luckily my spouse never was able to collect on my group life insurance. Now I just train others to put their lives on the line for our AMERICAN beliefs
I think your misunderstanding the pretext of my post, the people that seem to scream loudest for gun control would duck and run if they found themselves having to carry it out!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

crazy2medic wrote:
AF-Odin wrote:Hmmmmm Crazt2medic. I fully realized that I could get killed assisting in attempts to implement my beliefs. Just the locations were Southeast Asia, Lebanon, and Iraq (as well as a couple of other places where the inhabitants did not want us to be). Luckily my spouse never was able to collect on my group life insurance. Now I just train others to put their lives on the line for our AMERICAN beliefs
I think your misunderstanding the pretext of my post, the people that seem to scream loudest for gun control would duck and run if they found themselves having to carry it out!
Of course they wouldn't do it themselves- that's what all those federal agents in the various executive departments have been armed and supplied to do.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

jd9
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jd9 »

ScottDLS wrote:No. It will just be drip by drip "common sense" measures. Federal background checks on private transfers. Semi-automatic "assault weapons" bans on cosmetic features. Background checks for ammo. Registration. Mandatory "buy backs", more federal restrictions on carry, more misdemeanor and "medical" disqualifiers, federal licensing of gun owners.

80% of the gun owners will be lining up to get their special Federal permits and registrations and strutting around feeling superior to the "plebes" that insist on Constitutional Carry and getting the government out of concealed carry. Nobody is going to go to the mat to defend their rights when it will cost their livelihoods and possible prison time. Are you going to line up to "take the ride"?
:iagree: The liberals aren't in position to do an Australian-style confiscation yet, but will start with "common-sense" measures that gun owners will begrudgingly tolerate, then continue to push left from there with more "common-sense" once they've convinced most of the electorate that there are more dangerous "loopholes" that need to be closed to convince criminals not to commit crimes.

On another note, I have a coworker that owns a hunting ranch in the hill county area, talks frequently about hunting, and is in the process of building a .300 aac blackout in an AR platform, for which he has set up a trust and applied for a permit to buy a suppressor. The twist? He's a raging Hillary supporter. My only solace in her election would be to hear, or preferably see, his reaction when the ATF fellas show up at his door to collect his expensive, military-style, hog-assault rifle.

Bayoutalker

Post by Bayoutalker »

allisji wrote:
mbschne wrote:Supporters of Hillary Clinton were asked outside a recent campaign event for the former first lady if the Second Amendment should be repealed — and many of their answers contradicted what the Democratic presidential nominee has publicly stated about the issue.
I think that Hillary Clinton has publicly contradicted what Hillary Clinton has publicly stated about the issue.

And most any other issue as well!
Cliff H.
Beaumont, TX

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I think hillery suffers from terminal groundhog day, every morning she wakes up it's the same day and she can't remember what she did the day before, huma probably has to give her a morning briefing to catch her up on what she did the day before
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

crazy2medic wrote:I think hillery suffers from terminal groundhog day, every morning she wakes up it's the same day and she can't remember what she did the day before, huma probably has to give her a morning briefing to catch her up on what she did the day before
Huma Abedin pulling Hillary's strings makes the prospect of a HRC presidency much worse.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Yes it does!

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

crazy2medic wrote:Just once I'd like people of this ilk to be asked if they think guns should be taken away from the people that own them, then if they say they should, the next question should be are you willing to go into somebodies house and take their guns away from them? Would be interesting to see them squirm when they realize they could get killed trying to implement their beliefs.
Add in: "And how do you think that those gun owners will respond if you bust in their house to take their guns?" Yeah, you will get shot.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

In other news:

Water: wet; sky: blue.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

crazy2medic wrote:Just once I'd like people of this ilk to be asked if they think guns should be taken away from the people that own them, then if they say they should, the next question should be are you willing to go into somebodies house and take their guns away from them? Would be interesting to see them squirm when they realize they could get killed trying to implement their beliefs.
Or better yet ask them if they'd like their children to be part of an operation assigned to this task.

bblhd672

Re: Hillary Clinton and the Second Amendment

Post by bblhd672 »

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/08/ ... stand.html

Good opinion piece that clearly lays out what is at stake in this election.

jd9
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jd9 »

This is posted in another string, but if you didn't see it, it's a good look at the history of the bearing of arms, including the thoughts of our founding fathers:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 9880,d.cGc

Return to “Off-Topic”