Neutered male Bloodhound - Free to good home

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Ryan
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Neutered male Bloodhound - Free to good home

Post by Ryan »

puma guy wrote:
warnmar10 wrote:
Ryan wrote:Come on y'all, there's always room for one more...
This is my pack!

And yes, we've cut each other off since we both love doggies!

One of these things is not like the others.
There's a sharp nosed boxer in the bunch. Maybe the mother was a boxer and the father was .... from a good neighborhood! Good looking herd of Boxer dogs.
Since they are all rescues, we are not sure any of them are 100% boxer. But they all certainly act like Boxers, that's for sure. Except the oddball on the top right. I found her outside my work at approximately 3 months of age. There are a ton of Pitbulls and Pit-mixes in this neighborhood and when I found her there was, what looked like a 100% bull terrier female, with the exact same markings as mine, running around the neighborhood. So we "think" she's part bull terrier (think Target dog) and some type of other terrier mix. She's the only one in the group that can be trusted with ALL other dogs. She's the sweetest little girl. The others are picky about other dogs and, occasionally, don't like each other. We've had some pretty bad knock-down, drag out fights between the boxers that has almost killed the one on the bottom left. He's (the bottom left) the WORST of the bunch. He's the smallest and therefore has "little man syndrome" and is constantly trying to assert his dominance... although he has NONE. I very much think he's bipolar and gets put in his place almost daily. But I wouldn't trade them for the world. 99.9% of the time they absolutely love each other and often times sleep together in one big pile of dog.

As you can tell we aren't very good foster parents. The point of fostering is that you eventually find them a good home. For us, they usually don't leave. We fall in love and just adopt them ourselves. We have just kept adding to the pack over the years. But the most recent fight that almost killed the bottom left one, we decided that we just can't add any more. I have no fear of dogs and jump right in the middle of a fight and separate them. But I fear for my wife because she doesn't share that same (no-fear) mentality I do and it's much harder for her to separate them. So we have cut each other off from adopting or bringing home any more.

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

puma guy wrote:FREE TO GOOD HOME. Male Bloodhound named Ammo. My daughter and son-in-law purchased the dog as a puppy. Located in Pasadena, TX.

2 Year old (DOB 1-25-14) , AKC Registered, Male Neutered, Black & Tan Bloodhound. Up to date on vaccines and heartworm negative, microchipped. Will come with 6 months heartworm prevention, 3 months flea prevention, recent bloodwork, and vet check all good. Good with larger female dogs, a little too rambunctious for smaller animals, has not been around any other male dogs, so unsure of his temperament with them. He is a sweet dog and knows basic commands. Crate trained and house broken. He is mildly food protective, grumbles/growls if you get too close. Has never bitten.

They have contacted a Bloodhound rescue, but they will only take the dog after it has been in a shelter and they didn't want to chance that.
PM me for contact information.

Did you ever find a home for Ammo? If not I'd be more than happy to post him up on my Facebook for you.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 10

Post by puma guy »

TexasTornado wrote:
puma guy wrote:FREE TO GOOD HOME. Male Bloodhound named Ammo. My daughter and son-in-law purchased the dog as a puppy. Located in Pasadena, TX.

2 Year old (DOB 1-25-14) , AKC Registered, Male Neutered, Black & Tan Bloodhound. Up to date on vaccines and heartworm negative, microchipped. Will come with 6 months heartworm prevention, 3 months flea prevention, recent bloodwork, and vet check all good. Good with larger female dogs, a little too rambunctious for smaller animals, has not been around any other male dogs, so unsure of his temperament with them. He is a sweet dog and knows basic commands. Crate trained and house broken. He is mildly food protective, grumbles/growls if you get too close. Has never bitten.

They have contacted a Bloodhound rescue, but they will only take the dog after it has been in a shelter and they didn't want to chance that.
PM me for contact information.

Did you ever find a home for Ammo? If not I'd be more than happy to post him up on my Facebook for you.
Not so far. Still hoping to find him a home. One of the rescue shelters called my daughter back, but they haven't accepted him. Some one posted they didn't think rescue shelters would turn them away, but it's actually common in our area. Most just don't accept owner surrenders. My daughter works for a vet and has good relations with most of the shelters and rescue centers, but that hasn't helped. They have posted on Facebook. I don't know how to share that. If you know how to do it send me a PM. Thanks for your offer.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pariah3j »

Have them look into CAP in Katy: http://www.cap4pets.org/ - I believe if the situation allows for it they prefer to try to adopt out of the home, but will take animals often times where there is no choice. We surrendered my wife's bunnies there when her allergies/asthma from them got so bad they put her in the hospital. I know availability can be tight depending conditions, but they seem like good people/good organization. If you haven't already reached out to them, you might give them a try.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Pariah3j wrote:Have them look into CAP in Katy: http://www.cap4pets.org/ - I believe if the situation allows for it they prefer to try to adopt out of the home, but will take animals often times where there is no choice. We surrendered my wife's bunnies there when her allergies/asthma from them got so bad they put her in the hospital. I know availability can be tight depending conditions, but they seem like good people/good organization. If you haven't already reached out to them, you might give them a try.
Thnaks. I'll relay that to them.

Topic author
puma guy

Re: Neutered male Bloodhound - Free to good home UPDATE

Post by puma guy »

I'm happy to report Ammo has been accepted by a foster family who may decide to keep him. It was an emotional parting, but my daughter and son-in-law feel good about the folks who have him now.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

Great news, my wife saw his picture and fell in love, but we both know that with three dogs,already we couldn't add another right now.

:cheers2:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

TexasTornado

Re: Neutered male Bloodhound - Free to good home UPDATE

Post by TexasTornado »

puma guy wrote:I'm happy to report Ammo has been accepted by a foster family who may decide to keep him. It was an emotional parting, but my daughter and son-in-law feel good about the folks who have him now.
So good to hear!
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Fantastic news puma guy! Thank you for all of your families efforts for finding this wonderful dog a possible home. I pray it works out, and I know the joys and heartbreaks this brings. God Bless You! :tiphat:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

karatedad

Post by karatedad »

Wow. I just spoke to someone this morning who has been looking for a hound. She is gonna be disappointed when I tell her he may be taken. Please keep us in mind if he still needs a forever home.

Carl

Topic author
puma guy

Re: Neutered male Bloodhound - Free to good home Update 9-19

Post by puma guy »

Good news. Ammo the Bloodhound was has been adopted and all is is good. Someone got a really nice dog. :thumbs2:

mrvmax

Re: Neutered male Bloodhound - Free to good home Update 9-19

Post by mrvmax »

puma guy wrote:Good news. Ammo the Bloodhound was has been adopted and all is is good. Someone got a really nice dog. :thumbs2:
That's good to hear, every time I see the pic of that doc I want it.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Great news puma guy! You did well!
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Update on Big Gun Ammuntion AKA Ammo the bloodhound. The Bad News: The folks that adopted Ammo back in September put him up for adoption for reasons I am not privy to. Though he was not aggressive around other dogs or even cats, he was food protective which may have been the reason the folks couldn't keep him. All the photos posted by the new agency that listed him showed him surrounded by other dogs and people which proved he was not aggressive toward them. The new agency had him tested for his tracking instinct and ability and he showed much promise.
The Good News: Ammo was just adopted by a sheriff in Louisiana who was looking for a tracking dog he could train. The man has 32 acres for Ammo to enjoy while he's not training or working. I know several here expressed interest in him, but I think he is now in the best of situations for his personality, characteristics and abilities.
15232178_745623925589002_3164881983836842935_n.jpg
15284190_745623972255664_2206686394460194924_n.jpg
15241170_745623952255666_8237529579521228086_n.jpg

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

That is great news!!
Looks like he has already detected criminals hiding in the fender well. :mrgreen:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Off-Topic”