Obamacare Fines For Not Signing On

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Obamacare Fines For Not Signing On

Post by anygunanywhere »

Abraham wrote:I do wonder if the IRS has been used for compliance?

Any here have any anecdotes regarding the above?

I'm going to guess millions and millions of citizens have not enrolled in O.C. nor have they paid a penny in fines.

What say you?
Part of the Barry Care law was the hiring of 10,000 new IRS agents.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Beiruty »

I am paying for Medicare AND work supplied insurance to cover my family which an HSA and with $4,500 deductible and I cannot use the $1,500 depositing in the HSA because I Medicare. Medicare would end on 5/1/2017.

Obama care is just a Tax and expansion of Medicaid for those low incomers who have low paying jobs. That is FREE health care for them if they went to hospital. They still have to pay the deductible anyway if and only if they can afford it.
Last edited by Beiruty on Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

"Part of the Barry Care law was the hiring of 10,000 new IRS agents."

Knowing O's veracity, ah, that is, his lack of veracity, I sincerely doubt that threat was carried out.

Anyone know for certain?

"If you like your doctor..."

dru

Post by dru »

I have had several tax preparers and a CPA tell me that they just automatically assume that someone who has earned income has health insurance and they just check the box that says the filer had health insurance....I'm not advocating lying on the 1040, that's just what they have said. The IRS has next to no interest in enforcing the mandate.

Also, you should know that a big reason why they have little interest in enforcing the mandate is because they aren't really given the authority to do so. The IRS can't come after you, garnish your wages, or do anything else beyond withholding any refund you might have gotten if you don't pay the fine. So they fine you, but then they basically can't do anything about it. So, adjust your taxes so that you end up owing a little bit at the end of the year, and then admit that you didn't have health insurance, and then not pay it - that's one way to deal with it I suppose.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

There are a LOT of people out there who don't file income tax (besides those here illegally) and therefore don't pay the obamacare tax penalty.

"Part of the Barry Care law was the hiring of 10,000 new IRS agents."
So Barack really DID create jobs?
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

If you don't have coverage and file taxes IRS will probably eventually catch up with you. However for this penalty, they can only collect it out of a refund due. If you arrange your withholding so that you don't get a refund, they may not ever get it before the new administration and Congress get around to eliminating the Affordable Care Act.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “Off-Topic”