Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by philip964 »

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/ ... ions%3Famp

Dems demand FBI perjury probe of Attorney General.

And so starts the new Month. I heard a recording of the question and answer between the SNL comic and Senator Sessions I didn't hear any perjury.

He has recused himself from the Russian investigation.

If you remember Obama's Attorney General refused to recuse herself from the Hillary email server investigation after meeting privately with Bill on her private jet.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Jusme »

mojo84 wrote:Him getting elected did a lot for gun owners. Removing the restrictions in those locations would be great and important. However, I believe he is dealing with much more urgent and pressing issues at the moment. He has done a lot in the short time he's been in office.

I agree, on the Federal level, besides National reciprocity, there is not a lot more he could have done, and that will have to involve Congress. The Hearing Protection Act is working it's way through Congress and I have no doubt he will sign it. The main thing is that there is no chance of any Federal gun restrictions forthcoming, each State will have to struggle through, for a while, but I don't expect sweeping changes until he gets his SCOTUS nominee in place, along with the other lower court justices selected. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Liberty
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Liberty »

mojo84 wrote:Him getting elected did a lot for gun owners. Removing the restrictions in those locations would be great and important. However, I believe he is dealing with much more urgent and pressing issues at the moment. He has done a lot in the short time he's been in office.
Added emphasis mine.

I don't see what he's done. It's possible I missed it. He got broad support from the NRA, and made a big deal of it. He owes us, So far Obama did more for us than Trump has yet. I know its still early, nut I'm starting to get impatient. Like I said it would just take a pen and a couple of phone calls.

I am glad he won and Hillary lost and Obama is not in power anymore. Lots of us voted for Trump even though we found a lot about him distasteful, but we had hopes for his support on 2nd amendment issues.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Post by mojo84 »

Liberty wrote:
Added emphasis mine.

I don't see what he's done. It's possible I missed it. He got broad support from the NRA, and made a big deal of it. He owes us, So far Obama did more for us than Trump has yet. I know its still early, nut I'm starting to get impatient. Like I said it would just take a pen and a couple of phone calls.

I am glad he won and Hillary lost and Obama is not in power anymore. Lots of us voted for Trump even though we found a lot about him distasteful, but we had hopes for his support on 2nd amendment issues.
He beat Hillary. That is a huge thing he has done. Also nominated a Constitutional conservative to the Supreme Court. Do you really think your two wants are more important and urgent than some of the things he has done and is working on?

Should he have everything fixed already? He has enough people dogging him already. We've become too much of an immediate gratification society.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

mojo84 wrote:
Liberty wrote:
Added emphasis mine.

He beat Hillary. That is a huge thing he has done. Also nominated a Constitutional conservative to the Supreme Court. Do you really think your two wants are more important and urgent than some of the things he has done and is working on?

Should he have everything fixed already? He has enough people dogging him already. We've become too much of an immediate gratification society.
I think the 2nd amendment is more important than the wall, NAFTA and almost anything he has done. It's about being allowed to protect ourselves on government property. So far he hasn't even spoke up to say anything positive about our right to arm ourselves, nor lifted a pen to do anything about it. Maybe I'm impatient, but it seems to me he had the time to voice support for us when he was a candidate, but he has been silent since he took over and never even mentioned rights in his many speeches. There are important gun bills in congress now, he hasn't voiced any support for those either. It will be easier to support him if he ever actually does something. I really am afraid that too many supporters are willing to let him off the hook on this one.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Post by mojo84 »

Liberty wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
Liberty wrote:
Added emphasis mine.

I think the 2nd amendment is more important than the wall, NAFTA and almost anything he has done. It's about being allowed to protect ourselves on government property. So far he hasn't even spoke up to say anything positive about our right to arm ourselves, nor lifted a pen to do anything about it. Maybe I'm impatient, but it seems to me he had the time to voice support for us when he was a candidate, but he has been silent since he took over and never even mentioned rights in his many speeches. There are important gun bills in congress now, he hasn't voiced any support for those either. It will be easier to support him if he ever actually does something. I really am afraid that too many supporters are willing to let him off the hook on this one.
Just because he hasn't done exactly what you want on your timeline doesn't mean he hasn't done anything. http://concealednation.org/2017/01/pres ... t-freedom/

There is a difference between important and urgent. The debt, budget, protecting the sovereignty of our country, revitalizing the military, getting his cabinet confirmed and dealing with healthcare debacle are all issues that are more urgent than carrying in a post office or COE property. You also can't overlook the barrage of attacks he and his admin are under.

I am afraid some will never be satisfied unless they get exactly what they want when they want it.

Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I don't care about his barrage of attacks. I just care about his actions and accomplishments. 2nd amendment is the more important to me and many others. If he can't get the job done maybe we can find a real 2nd amendment President, If he does get the job done he will enjoy his full 8 years. We have waited long enough for progress tolerated too many weak presidents (including Republicans) on the peoples right. Maybe if we and the gun rights people like the NRA had put a little more pressure on sitting presidents we wouldn't have so many restrictions today.
Liberty''s Blog

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Mxrdad »

He hasn't shown any signs whatsoever of backing off any of his promises yet. He doesn't even have his cabinet in place yet. Give him a break, God knows the Dems aren't going to. It'll be alright.
Just some guy's opinion.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 91

Post by TreyHouston »

Pawpaw wrote:

:iagree: what he said!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Skiprr »

Liberty wrote:I don't care about his barrage of attacks. I just care about his actions and accomplishments. 2nd amendment is the more important to me and many others. If he can't get the job done maybe we can find a real 2nd amendment President....
OMG, seriously?

Let's see, Donald Trump was sworn in on January 20. He still doesn't have his full cabinet. The dem's--and resultant lamestream media--antagonism against this President is like nothing ever seen before. He's worked harder in his first 42 days (and eight of those were Sundays) than Barack Obama did in his first year. The Dow is up over 10%, hitting all-time record highs multiple times since the election (checked your IRA?). He meets almost every morning with the people who can generate the most job and economic growth in this country, the CEOs of major corporations. He plans historic tax-cuts for wager-earners and U.S. corporations. He plans to reduce unnecessary federal regulation so that U.S. companies can become competitive again. He plans to put this economy on steroids. He plans to restore the United States Military to superpower status.

I spoke yesterday to an executive at a large oil & gas company who has been staunchly democrat for as long as I've known him. He has a signed letter from Bill Clinton on his office wall. He said, "I still distrust Trump. But he's pro-business, pro-economy. If he keeps that promise, I'll come around."

Yet, Liberty, you're most ticked off that he hasn't yet allowed you to carry in Post Offices and on ACOE land?

Both those issues are written into Federal law. The President of the United States has latitude, but the Executive branch cannot, with a swipe of a pen, rescind a law already on the books.

That's the job of Congress; why our Republic has checks-and-balances to separate powers.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Post by dale blanker »

dale blanker wrote:
Remember Watergate in '72? Well, here we go again... what did the president know and when did he know it? :banghead:
Gee I said that 2 weeks ago and I thought I was kind of kidding... but after Flynn, now there's Sessions with a memory problem, Danafort with an answering problem, Ross with a bank association problem, Kushner with a meeting problem... drip, drip, drip...it looks like maybe we'll be seeing a tax return after all.
And what happened to the revised executive order on immigration/refugees?
Last edited by dale blanker on Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Bitter Clinger »

dale blanker wrote:
dale blanker wrote:
Remember Watergate in '72? Well, here we go again... what did the president know and when did he know it? :banghead:
Gee I said that was 2 weeks ago and I thought I was kind of kidding... but after Flynn, now there's Sessions with a memory problem, Danafort with an answering problem, Ross with a bank association problem, Kushner with a meeting problem... drip, drip, drip...it looks like maybe we'll be seeing a tax return after all.
And what happened to the revised executive order on immigration/refugees?
Dale,

You are extremely consistent! Always wrong, never in doubt! Congrats!

The Democrats and their media are making a big push to portray Attorney General Jeff Sessions as a Russian agent, or at least catch him in a perjury trap, because they had to talk about something other than President Trump’s address to Congress until the weekend news cycle kicks in.

:yawn
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Skiprr wrote:
Liberty wrote:I don't care about his barrage of attacks. I just care about his actions and accomplishments. 2nd amendment is the more important to me and many others. If he can't get the job done maybe we can find a real 2nd amendment President....
OMG, seriously?

Let's see, Donald Trump was sworn in on January 20. He still doesn't have his full cabinet. The dem's--and resultant lamestream media--antagonism against this President is like nothing ever seen before. He's worked harder in his first 42 days (and eight of those were Sundays) than Barack Obama did in his first year. The Dow is up over 10%, hitting all-time record highs multiple times since the election (checked your IRA?). He meets almost every morning with the people who can generate the most job and economic growth in this country, the CEOs of major corporations. He plans historic tax-cuts for wager-earners and U.S. corporations. He plans to reduce unnecessary federal regulation so that U.S. companies can become competitive again. He plans to put this economy on steroids. He plans to restore the United States Military to superpower status.

I spoke yesterday to an executive at a large oil & gas company who has been staunchly democrat for as long as I've known him. He has a signed letter from Bill Clinton on his office wall. He said, "I still distrust Trump. But he's pro-business, pro-economy. If he keeps that promise, I'll come around."

Yet, Liberty, you're most ticked off that he hasn't yet allowed you to carry in Post Offices and on ACOE land?

Both those issues are written into Federal law. The President of the United States has latitude, but the Executive branch cannot, with a swipe of a pen, rescind a law already on the books.

That's the job of Congress; why our Republic has checks-and-balances to separate powers.
As I understand it the ban by the Army Corp of Engineers and Post office are rules, that were made by the the Army and Post office itself. He can change those rules. He can determine what will be enforced. His AG can determine what will be prosecuted. We can like a lot of the things that he has done, but he still hasn't done a thing for us gunowners.
Like your executive friend, I distrust Trump a lifelong self-serving Democrat, but I will come around if actually improves the condition of the 2nd amendment. Until then I refuse to worship at the Trump altar. We can find Fault with Obama, and we can easily make the case that he was one of the most terrible President ever, but he at least gave us the National parks (OK he was reluctant). Just because he may be better than Hillary doesn't make him wonderful. Time will be his real test, but so far he has shown me nothing about his true desire to improve our rights.
If we are willing to give him a pass on these promises then we have lost our war on the second amendment. The day he actually takes action to support our rights is the day I'll be convinced that he is better than recent Republican Presidents. Fortunately, it looks like the Republicans in Congress have finally got the message. and have put forth the Hearing Protection Act and the Reciprocity Act. We have a short window where we have the power, our leaders need to move quickly while we still have control. I have a long memory and remember the Bush's support of gun control and things like the assault weapons ban. Maybe Trump will be better, I just hope he proves it.
Liberty''s Blog

Return to “Off-Topic”