Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

LucasMcCain
Posts in topic: 14

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by LucasMcCain »

Jusme wrote: Yeah I doubt that was all that was discussed. Trump has been very vocal during the campaign, as well as since taking office, about fixing the VA issues, so I'm sure there were much more important issues addressed.
I have a very simple solution to the VA issues. Once someone is honorably discharged, they are issued a card like a credit card. It will have the soldier's name and serial number on it. It will say something to the effect of.
Dear Doctor, hospital, clinic, pharmacy, or any other health care provider: the bearer of this card, is an American hero, he/she is entitled to full treatment, prescriptions, or any other medical/ psychological care, and will not be subjected to any costs associated with these.
The providers who want to practice in this country will be bound by law to accept these terms or they will lose their license to practice. If they try to jack up prices above what is the normal costs, they will never be able to practice in this country again, and will face Federal jail time.

Anyone have an issue with this suggestion?
Sounds like a plan. A dear friend of mine, who died a few years back from cancer from his exposure to agent orange, had nothing but good things to say about his experience with the VA. However, I'm aware this is not the experience everyone has had.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Pawpaw »

I've only been involved with the VA for about a year, but they've been really good to me. It took a while to figure out how to get started, but after that, it's been clear sailing.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Post by dale blanker »

The president's charge that his predecessor did surveillance on Trump Tower during his campaign has been denied by the CIA, FBI, GCHQ, Congress, and even Fox News. What can we believe any more?
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 53

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

This happened before Trump's term (The lying part), but was revealed during Trumps term (the admitting it part).
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03 ... -camp.html
Who can we believe anymore?
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 58

Post by anygunanywhere »

dale blanker wrote:The president's charge that his predecessor did surveillance on Trump Tower during his campaign has been denied by the CIA, FBI, GCHQ, Congress, and even Fox News. What can we believe any more?
Of course no one you referenced who claiming the denied surveillance ever lied either.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Bitter Clinger »

dale blanker wrote:The president's charge that his predecessor did surveillance on Trump Tower during his campaign has been denied by the CIA, FBI, GCHQ, Congress, and even Fox News. What can we believe any more?
I believe that you only post those things that perpetuate the far leftist liberal lies that have brought ruin to our country. Shame!
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Post by mojo84 »

Just how deep and hard has this issue been investigated?

I am having a very difficult time believing the heads of the FBI, CIA, IRS, NSA and other similar government agencies lately. Therefore, I am skeptical about their claims there hasn't been targeting or illegal surveillance.

I've detect the way people are saying they are unaware of any surveillance it their way of saying they do not know of any at this time. I am curious to know just how much deniable plausibility is involved and the door being left open for them to say, at that time I wasn't aware of any.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

Analysis | Six big takeaways from Congress’s extraordinary hearing on Russia, President Trump and wiretapping - The Washington Post
https://apple.news/A_SrDpuB1TbCv2g0ITbyVQA

Comey testified before Congress on wiretapping, Trump and Russia.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ri ... d02900c578

Comedy's testimony humiliates Trump (edit: sometimes auto correct makes a lot of sense)

Trump's new budget for 2018 has been subject to a lot of negative stories from the press. Meals on Wheels, NIH and the arts seem to be the negative subjects.

Apparently the federal debt dropped by 100 billion in Trump's first month in office. That went largely unnoticed.
Last edited by philip964 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Post by bblhd672 »

dale blanker wrote: What can we believe any more?
The New York Times?

The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Post by bblhd672 »

dale blanker wrote:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

dale blanker
Banned

Post by dale blanker »

bblhd672 wrote:
:iagree:Too many act like this. We certainly need to be informed and critical about all aspects of our government, including the Intelligence Community.
[But I disagree the New York Times article about wiretapping is applicable here.]
Last edited by dale blanker on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 91

Post by TreyHouston »

Don't people know that if you ask the FBI if their wiretapping you they have to tell you the truth. Just like when an undercover cop is undercover and you ask him if he's undercover they have to tell you the truth. It's a law or something like that. I was told by a guy in high school, he was friends with someone who knew a cop.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Mxrdad »

Healthcare: My quote went to $ 2,500.00 PER MONTH in Jan 2017. With a $ 7,500.00 deductible. With a not-so-great plan. Come on, how many working folks can afford that? So I get to pay a lot more, for less coverage, just so others that aren't working can take them and their kids to get free healthcare. AND, get better care than me. And I'm not alone, there are many examples of this nonsense. My friend works for a big electrical company. His costs were $ 326.00 PER WEEK with the company covering the rest. It is out of control and us poor working folks need some relief.

In todays hearing, did anybody else think Comey came off more like a politician instead of acting like the top official from our top law agency? He didnt seem to interested in leaked information in my opinion. And leaked information to me is a bigger problem than Trump's ties with Russia. But then again, I'm a little pee-on so what do I know?
Just some guy's opinion.

dale blanker
Banned

Post by dale blanker »

Mxrdad wrote:In todays hearing, did anybody else think Comey came off more like a politician instead of acting like the top official from our top law agency?
Yes, he noted that connections between the Trump campaign and Russians have been under investigation since last July. This could have been communicated privately to the committee but should not have been made public until the investigation was complete, IMHO.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Jusme »

dale blanker wrote:
Mxrdad wrote:In todays hearing, did anybody else think Comey came off more like a politician instead of acting like the top official from our top law agency?
Yes, he noted that connections between the Trump campaign and Russians have been under investigation since last July. This could have been communicated privately to the committee but should not have been made public until the investigation was complete, IMHO.

Comey has shown his propensity to sway whichever way the political wind is blowing, or kowtow to whoever gives him the best chance to keep his job.

No reason to prosecute Hitlery, but then when he got heat, he "found" more emails to investigate. 600,000 were read in just a couple days and, again, nothing to see here. We are investigating the Russians, and yeah, Trump's campaign people may have been recorded. We can't find evidence of collusion, but there were leaks, but we can't say Obama ordered the surveillance.
How much longer, will they let let him have his rope?
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Off-Topic”