Today in Trump's new term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 928
Posts: 9868
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2971

Post by philip964 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:05 am

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/22/supr ... trans-ban/

Supremes allow Trump to temporarily ban trans in military.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 928
Posts: 9868
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2972

Post by philip964 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:34 pm

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covington- ... ion-tweet/

No surprise, Trump backs High School students from Covington.

On a day when AOC said the Earth has 12 years.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 928
Posts: 9868
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2973

Post by philip964 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:58 pm



Can’t confirm yet but Trump has invited Covington High School students.

The Twitter post is from a Trump hater.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 928
Posts: 9868
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2974

Post by philip964 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:56 pm

Suri wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:11 pm
philip964 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:58 pm
Can’t confirm yet but Trump has invited Covington High School students.

The Twitter post is from a Trump hater.
The invitation is nice whether the boys needed consolation or admonishment but why promote the twitter post???
Know the enemy. Understand the hatred out there.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/22/politics ... index.html

Apparently Mueller is looking into the NRA influence on the election.


jason812
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 35
Posts: 1259
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2975

Post by jason812 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:41 pm

philip964 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:56 pm
Suri wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:11 pm
philip964 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:58 pm
Can’t confirm yet but Trump has invited Covington High School students.

The Twitter post is from a Trump hater.
The invitation is nice whether the boys needed consolation or admonishment but why promote the twitter post???
Know the enemy. Understand the hatred out there.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/22/politics ... index.html

Apparently Mueller is looking into the NRA influence on the election.
Not suprising. Got nothing on Trump, might as well try to take down the dems next most hated group of people.

User avatar

G26ster
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 42
Posts: 2649
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:28 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2976

Post by G26ster » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:37 pm

Suri wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:27 pm
jason812 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:41 pm
philip964 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:56 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/22/politics ... index.html

Apparently Mueller is looking into the NRA influence on the election.
Not suprising. Got nothing on Trump, might as well try to take down the dems next most hated group of people.
Mueller, Republican, is now doing a favor for the dems? :confused5
Plenty of Republicans despise Donald Trump. Hence the phrase "Never Trumpers." The list is quite long. No confusion.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 928
Posts: 9868
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2977

Post by philip964 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:46 pm

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -president

Trump recognizes Guaido as President of Venezuela not Maduro.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 928
Posts: 9868
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2978

Post by philip964 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:45 am

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/roger-s ... d=59520432

Longtime personal friend of Trump indicted for process crimes, such as lieing to congress by Robert Meuller, the special council.


jason812
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 35
Posts: 1259
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2979

Post by jason812 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:10 am

philip964 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:45 am
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/roger-s ... d=59520432

Longtime personal friend of Trump indicted for process crimes, such as lieing to congress by Robert Meuller, the special council.
You can't lie to the government and the people in the government are incapable of telling us the truth.

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 69
Posts: 2440
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2980

Post by Flightmare » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:59 pm

Trump to make announcement any moment from Rose Garden on partial government shutdown.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

User avatar

mojo84
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 253
Posts: 8998
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Boerne, TX (Kendall County)

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2981

Post by mojo84 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:09 pm

philip964 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:56 pm
Suri wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:11 pm
philip964 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:58 pm
Can’t confirm yet but Trump has invited Covington High School students.

The Twitter post is from a Trump hater.
The invitation is nice whether the boys needed consolation or admonishment but why promote the twitter post???
Know the enemy. Understand the hatred out there.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/22/politics ... index.html

Apparently Mueller is looking into the NRA influence on the election.
In my opinion, this exemplies why the scope of the investigation should have been limited to the specific issue of collusion with Russia. Instead, it appears he has carte blanche to fish for anything that he can come up with and claim wrongdoing.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 69
Posts: 2440
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2982

Post by Flightmare » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:17 pm

Trump announces a deal has been reached to end the partial shutdown.

ETA: Congress to pass bill to open government for 3 weeks (ending 02-15-2019).
Last edited by Flightmare on Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

User avatar

mojo84
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 253
Posts: 8998
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Boerne, TX (Kendall County)

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2983

Post by mojo84 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:20 pm

Flightmare wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:17 pm
Trump announces a deal has been reached to end the partial shutdown.
It appears it is temporary. We'll see how it all works out.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.


jason812
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 35
Posts: 1259
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2984

Post by jason812 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:21 pm

mojo84 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:20 pm
Flightmare wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:17 pm
Trump announces a deal has been reached to end the partial shutdown.
It appears it is temporary. We'll see how it all works out.
You should hear the can rattling as its kicked down the road. I don't think the dems will give in.

Just a thought: How about Congress actually follow the Constitution and pass a budget? Then this won't happen.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 928
Posts: 9868
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2985

Post by philip964 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:35 pm

jason812 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:21 pm
mojo84 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:20 pm
Flightmare wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:17 pm
Trump announces a deal has been reached to end the partial shutdown.
It appears it is temporary. We'll see how it all works out.
You should hear the can rattling as its kicked down the road. I don't think the dems will give in.

Just a thought: How about Congress actually follow the Constitution and pass a budget? Then this won't happen.
Trump said if the three weeks passes without a deal for the wall he will declare an emergency.

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”