Today in Trump's new term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 935
Posts: 9904
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3556

Post by philip964 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:36 pm

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/10 ... eign-calls

Vanity Fair reports on Ukraine story like only they can.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 935
Posts: 9904
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3557

Post by philip964 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:39 pm

https://news.yahoo.com/greta-thunberg-p ... 49696.html

Trump wants to silence young climate activists.

Except I bet, he did not say that, yahoo did instead.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 935
Posts: 9904
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3558

Post by philip964 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:22 pm

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... n-n1063186

Trump loses initial fight to keep his tax returns private.

Another judge then orders a stay until I guess an appeal is filed.

And so it goes with harassing from all sides and corners on a daily basis, our duly elected president.

He still hangs in there. A weak willed president would have withered under this constant storm.

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 131
Posts: 8470
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3559

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:30 pm

philip964 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:22 pm
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... n-n1063186

Trump loses initial fight to keep his tax returns private.

Another judge then orders a stay until I guess an appeal is filed.

And so it goes with harassing from all sides and corners on a daily basis, our duly elected president.

He still hangs in there. A weak willed president would have withered under this constant storm.
Democrats have been up his tree since the day he was inaugurated. What I don't appreciate is the weak kneed Republicans that do nothing to stop Dems relentless harassment. It gives me reason to believe Republicans are just as crooked as Democrats. Career politicians are all like the "cool kids" in high school picking on the dork. Dems are doing the leg work but Republicans are all for it as long as they can pretend they are not.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 935
Posts: 9904
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3560

Post by philip964 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:55 pm

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:30 pm
philip964 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:22 pm
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... n-n1063186

Trump loses initial fight to keep his tax returns private.

Another judge then orders a stay until I guess an appeal is filed.

And so it goes with harassing from all sides and corners on a daily basis, our duly elected president.

He still hangs in there. A weak willed president would have withered under this constant storm.
Democrats have been up his tree since the day he was inaugurated. What I don't appreciate is the weak kneed Republicans that do nothing to stop Dems relentless harassment. It gives me reason to believe Republicans are just as crooked as Democrats. Career politicians are all like the "cool kids" in high school picking on the dork. Dems are doing the leg work but Republicans are all for it as long as they can pretend they are not.
Imagine one of the richest most well know citizens of your city becomes President. Then every elected official in your City and State file lawsuits against him, his lawyer, his children and his friends. That is how New York treats the President. I suspect his library and his home will be in Florida.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 935
Posts: 9904
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3561

Post by philip964 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:35 am

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-deficit- ... ma-1463802

Deficit 68% higher than when he started.

User avatar

ELB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 28
Posts: 7224
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Seguin

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3562

Post by ELB » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:55 am

philip964 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:35 am
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-deficit- ... ma-1463802

Deficit 68% higher than when he started.
This is a downside to Trump, but it would be worse, without all the other advantages, if Memaw Maojacket had won.
USAF 1982-2005
____________
“The only thing more enjoyable than seeing your opponent lose an election they rigged is seeing them lose an investigation they rigged.” Author unknown but dead on the mark.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 935
Posts: 9904
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3563

Post by philip964 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:20 pm

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/10/ ... in-turkey/

Twitter apologized for allowing Die Trump to trend on their website.


Grayling813
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 30
Posts: 569
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:18 am

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3564

Post by Grayling813 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:38 pm

philip964 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:35 am
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-deficit- ... ma-1463802

Deficit 68% higher than when he started.
Yeah, he never should have given in to the pressure to sign the overspending bills passed by Congress.

User avatar

Syntyr
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 1297
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:54 pm
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3565

Post by Syntyr » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:24 pm

https://www.judicialwatch.org/corruptio ... t-control/

TRUMP RIDS MAJOR U.S. CONTAINER PORT OF CHINESE COMMUNIST CONTROL

Still not tired of winning... bet you haven’t heard of this in the MSM

Or that we are considering pulling out of the universal postage union which makes it cheap for the Chinese to flood this country with cheap goods and expensive for us to ship anything out of the US...
https://www.supplychaindive.com/news/us ... es/562214/
Syntyr
Happiness is two at low eight!


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 935
Posts: 9904
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3566

Post by philip964 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:10 pm

https://nypost.com/2019/10/09/trump-def ... -normandy/

Trump removes US troops from border between Turkey and Syria.

Turkey attacks Kurds in border region.

Kurds have been our allies against ISIS for some time.

Trump says “ Kurds didn’t help us with Normandy “.

Many high value ISIS prisoners were moved ahead of our leaving. ISIS Prisoner camps shelled by Turkey.

Trump has threatened to financially ruin Turkey if they are bad.

The 3d Trump chess people suspect Trump wants Turkey out of NATO.

All I can say is Trump like to keep a lot of pots stirring at once.

Not often you see Dems wanting troops deployed.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 935
Posts: 9904
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3567

Post by philip964 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:38 pm

https://news.yahoo.com/turkey-bombs-u-s ... 10098.html

Turkey accidentally shells US troops in Syria.

Trump reaches a sort of agreement with China on trade.

Has a big rally in Minneapolis, big excited crowd. Young teens weeping like a Beber concert said one headline.

Between the Astros playoff and Trumps speech, I didn’t realize that CNN had a town hall with most of the Dem candidates on LGBTQQIAAP2S issues. Most made fools of them selves.

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 131
Posts: 8470
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3568

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:38 pm

philip964 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:38 pm
https://news.yahoo.com/turkey-bombs-u-s ... 10098.html

Turkey accidentally shells US troops in Syria.

Trump reaches a sort of agreement with China on trade.

Has a big rally in Minneapolis, big excited crowd. Young teens weeping like a Beber concert said one headline.

Between the Astros playoff and Trumps speech, I didn’t realize that CNN had a town hall with most of the Dem candidates on LGBTQQIAAP2S issues. Most made fools of them selves.
I was watching The Donald Trump Show in Minneapolis last night and had no idea the Democrats were doing a town hall. I read all over the place today that they had a "woke" competition. Made complete fools of themselves. The Donald Trump show was great by the way.

User avatar

Oldgringo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 11078
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Pineywoods of east Texas

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3569

Post by Oldgringo » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:29 pm

We just watched the Trump rally from Lake Charles, LA and thought he did a great job. While I did not vote for him in the POTUS primary, I do think he is doing great things for America.

Sorry, Ellen DeGeneres, I really, really do not care for anybody who falls for and supports the un-American crap the dimocrats are spewing and promoting.

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 131
Posts: 8470
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#3570

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:19 pm

Oldgringo wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:29 pm
We just watched the Trump rally from Lake Charles, LA and thought he did a great job. While I did not vote for him in the POTUS primary, I do think he is doing great things for America.

Sorry, Ellen DeGeneres, I really, really do not care for anybody who falls for and supports the un-American crap the dimocrats are spewing and promoting.
I watched it also. I caught myself hollering "GO GET EM" a couple times. Trump is one very charismatic speaker. I swear at the end I was getting a tear. Might have been a dog hair got in my eye but still....

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”