Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

philbo
Banned
Posts in topic: 149

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by philbo »

mojo84 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:18 pmYou don't get satire? Sometimes people need to learn to laugh at themselves. Maybe you progressive liberals should try it. Don't take yourself so serious.
Oh, i get the satire, just thought it odd that you would post something so satirically anti-trump. Admit it, you miss obama don't you? :lol:

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Post by mojo84 »

philbo wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:23 pm
mojo84 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:18 pmYou don't get satire? Sometimes people need to learn to laugh at themselves. Maybe you progressive liberals should try it. Don't take yourself so serious.
Oh, i get the satire, just thought it odd that you would post something so satirically anti-trump. Admit it, you miss obama don't you? :lol:
It isn't anti-Trump. It's a joke. I acknowledge the guy isn't perfect. Unlike Obama and Clinton sychophants.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

philbo
Banned

Post by philbo »

mojo84 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:30 pm
It isn't anti-Trump. It's a joke. I acknowledge the guy isn't perfect. Unlike Obama and Clinton sychophants.
WOW, and you think I have a problem spotting satire? A survey based on one demographic? Read that article again, it is as satirically anti-trump as anything from late night tv comedians. Although it did make me chuckle considerably more! Good find!

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Post by mojo84 »

philbo wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:39 pm
WOW, and you think I have a problem spotting satire? A survey based on one demographic? Read that article again, it is as satirically anti-trump as anything from late night tv comedians. Although it did make me chuckle considerably more! Good find!
You continue to prove you do not understand satire. Hahahahah!

Satire and irony are usually most appreciated by the intelligent among us. Babylon Bee makes fun of dems, republicans, Christians, Baptists etc. It's all in fun unless you are just a hater that has to glob onto anything that promotes one's hate filled agenda.
Last edited by mojo84 on Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Bitter Clinger »

mojo84 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:50 pm
philbo wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:39 pm
You continue to prove you do not understand satire. Hahahahah!

Satire and irony are usually most appreciated by the intelligent among us. Babylon Bee makes fun of dems, republicans, Cbristians, Baptists etc. It's all in fun unless you are just a hater that has to glob onto anything that promotes o one's hate filled agenda.
:iagree: Well said mojo84!
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol ... story.html

European leaders think maybe they need to rely less on the US for their defense.

About time. I hope another American does not die defending Europe.

MAGA

philbo
Banned

Post by philbo »

Trump Signals Consequences for Michael Cohen Over Secret Recording early Saturday morning (before golf of course) Mr. Trump wrote on Twitter. “Even more inconceivable that a lawyer would tape a client — totally unheard of & perhaps illegal. The good news is that your favorite President did nothing wrong!”

I get that trump doesn't understand the law, even when it comes to taping another person, after all, why would anyone tape trump? His story never changes, right? The most confusing part of the tweet for me was why would trump be concerned about my favorite president? I mean, Harry Truman passed away years ago?! (For those in doubt, that's satire ;-) )

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Post by dale blanker »

More satire(?):

"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

philbo
Banned

Post by philbo »

philip964 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:24 pm http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol ... story.html

European leaders think maybe they need to rely less on the US for their defense.

MAGA
I do not believe any American has sacrificed themselves to defend a foreign country... rather I think such sacrifice was made by Americans on foreign soil to insure that those wars were not fought at home causing extra hazard for Americans. The choice is whether to engage the enemy at a distance, or wait until they bomb your ports as they did on December 7, 1941, or on 9/11.... isolationism is a poor form of defense that has never proven effective over the long term.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/23/trump-t ... again.html

President of Iran threatened the US with the mother of all wars.

Trump responded like only Trump can. Iran probably won’t say things like that again.

Trump is not Carter or Obama.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

“NEVER EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKE OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE,”

Trump’s tweet in all caps.

G26ster
Posts in topic: 42

Post by G26ster »

philip964 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:04 pm https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/23/trump-t ... again.html

President of Iran threatened the US with the mother of all wars.

Trump responded like only Trump can. Iran probably won’t say things like that again.

Trump is not Carter or Obama.
Doncha just love the MSM. Trump's statement called, "a threat," Bolton called, " hawkish" (twice), Pompeo's statement called, "a rhetorical assault," but Hassan Rouhani was only "cautioning" by saying: "War with Iran is the mother of all wars."

The media's bias is totally out of control.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Jusme »

I get a kick out of the MSM, using the term "dog whistle" whenever Trump gives a speech, or makes a comment about something. I got to thinking maybe they're right, but not for the reasons they think. To me it's more like Pavlov's dogs, everytime Trump speaks, the left foam at the mouth. :mad5
Last edited by Jusme on Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

LTUME1978
Posts in topic: 5

Post by LTUME1978 »

philbo wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:34 am
philip964 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:24 pm http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol ... story.html

MAGA
I do not believe any American has sacrificed themselves to defend a foreign country... rather I think such sacrifice was made by Americans on foreign soil to insure that those wars were not fought at home causing extra hazard for Americans. The choice is whether to engage the enemy at a distance, or wait until they bomb your ports as they did on December 7, 1941, or on 9/11.... isolationism is a poor form of defense that has never proven effective over the long term.
While I would hope that no American would have to die to defend Europe again, relying on the Europeans to defend themselves without us there is a big mistake (not my opinion, I listened to Victor Davis Hansen discussing this issue, will try to find the video if anyone is interested). He believes that WW II in Europe would have never happened if the US had remained in Europe after WW I. He also believes that things could have been nipped in the bud very soon after Germany began their actions if we had sent troops over very early (when France and England got involved). Who knows but I am opposed to the US getting out completely. I do think the rest of NATO does need to pony up their fair share.

rotor
Posts in topic: 68

Post by rotor »

philbo wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:34 am

MAGA
If I remember my history wasn't it the Europeans among others (Japanese) killing us? Germany and Italy were not our friends. Russia was our friend. So many Americans did fight and die defending what is now our allies and they are of questionable value to us right now. Germany, the great killer, now not paying their share for defense and becoming beholden to Russia for energy. Russia has threatened to cut off the pipeline to others in the past. Just wait for a cold winter and see what happens if Germany is on the wrong side of Russia.

Return to “Off-Topic”