Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mayor
Posts in topic: 11

Re: Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Post by mayor »

So, what happens after Trump goes to prison?

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

Trump charged with additional counts in special counsel's classified records probe

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... ords-probe

Looks like obstruction by attempting to wipe a server.

I guess he never listened to Hannidy go on and on about Hil wiping her server with bleach bit.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 36

Post by powerboatr »

and charged with interferring with election in ga because he thought election was full of fraud.. I summarized

a news person made a good point this morning,
if the new charges would re-litigate the election and maybe prove it was incorrect due to tampering of votes counted
his legal team can now via court order request all the video files the ga senate watched on the farmers area cameras that proved ga vote counters stopped counting, ran everyone out, then she returned with her few workers and they dragged suitcases of ballots out from under a covered table and boom biden got more votes.
its part of the archives now in ga senate records.
we all watched it live during their hearings on vote fraud, now this video will show the world the truth we know at least in ga of fraud during the middle of the night in regards to tally of votes that some how appeared from under a table in suitcases?????

and how can insisting on accuracy of votes be a crime? i can see telling ga gov to create votes being illegal, but he told him to look and find them and look for fraud. based on the video we all saw live
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

mayor

Post by mayor »

powerboatr wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:35 am and charged with interferring with election in ga because he thought election was full of fraud.. I summarized

a news person made a good point this morning,
if the new charges would re-litigate the election and maybe prove it was incorrect due to tampering of votes counted
his legal team can now via court order request all the video files the ga senate watched on the farmers area cameras that proved ga vote counters stopped counting, ran everyone out, then she returned with her few workers and they dragged suitcases of ballots out from under a covered table and boom biden got more votes.
its part of the archives now in ga senate records.
we all watched it live during their hearings on vote fraud, now this video will show the world the truth we know at least in ga of fraud during the middle of the night in regards to tally of votes that some how appeared from under a table in suitcases?????

and how can insisting on accuracy of votes be a crime? i can see telling ga gov to create votes being illegal, but he told him to look and find them and look for fraud. based on the video we all saw live
Careful, you'll be indicted speaking like that.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... -rcna98900

Trump indicted in Atlanta for calling people there on the phone.

All of the charges carry mandatory jail sentences and include RICO charges.

https://nypost.com/2023/08/15/here-are- ... ent-cases/

Facing altogether 91 counts.

August 20, 2023

https://jonathanturley.org/2023/08/20/i ... umps-life/

Canadian probably lesbian engineer who per her attorney is extremely intelligent was sentenced to 22 years in prison for attempting to kill Trump with Ricin by mailing it to him.

I’m sure you saw this on the news.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... l-him.html

Trump Tucker interview gets 150 million views. Hmm that’s more than 81 million fake votes.
Last edited by philip964 on Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 36

Post by powerboatr »

philip964 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:06 am https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... -rcna98900

i feel for the volunteers that got wrapped in charges.
sure seems like we are past 3rd world now.
but hopefully they show the ga senate archived video.

and i might get flamed...but trump needs to respectfully bow out and deal with the crud and let others move forward
as long as he stays in spotlight....we get stuck with creepy joe or gavin
i heard the RICO case could prevent him from being out on BOND?? not sure how that would fall out.
how does a state case trump federal cases? ?? One of the talking heads stated the state rico case cannot be pardoned?? not a lawyer, but ....
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 191

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

powerboatr wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:44 am
philip964 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:06 am https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... -rcna98900

and i might get flamed...but trump needs to respectfully bow out and deal with the crud and let others move forward
i heard the RICO case could prevent him from being out on BOND?? not sure how that would fall out.
how does a state case trump federal cases? ?? One of the talking heads stated the state rico case cannot be pardoned?? not a lawyer, but ....
At this point it is all about putting a person in office that is most likely to shake up our corrupt FBI, DOJ and IRS. I would write him in if he wasn't on the ballot. We must put someone in office who will turn over the entire system of corrupt Washington politicians. Both Democrats and Republican politicians alike are scum buckets and they both sell We The People down the river. They must be disrupted or else WE The People are going to be forced to take up arms, or acquiesce to being under the boot of complete Government oppression. DJT is exactly what we need.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Grayling813 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:07 pm

At this point it is all about putting a person in office that is most likely to shake up our corrupt FBI, DOJ and IRS. I would write him in if he wasn't on the ballot. We must put someone in office who will turn over the entire system of corrupt Washington politicians. Both Democrats and Republican politicians alike are scum buckets and they both sell We The People down the river. They must be disrupted or else WE The People are going to be forced to take up arms, or acquiesce to being under the boot of complete Government oppression. DJT is exactly what we need.
^^^^^^ :iagree: All the charges are an effort to get Trump off the ballot. They hate him and us.

mayor

Post by mayor »

Grayling813 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:10 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:07 pm

^^^^^^ :iagree: All the charges are an effort to get Trump off the ballot. They hate him and us.
Mostly US because we want him to finish draining the swamp. He did show us how big, broad, slimy and corrupt it is. The thought is DJT has to go so we will slink back into the abyss. They are wrong.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Grayling813 »

T.L. Davis defines what’s going on…
https://tldavis.substack.com/p/elections-are-dangerous

I don’t care if you hate Trump, I won’t argue with you why that’s irrelevant and not worth your time, but he is the battleground. The indictments launched against him are aimed at you, the reader, and if they’re successful it doesn’t matter if Trump’s in prison, he’s just the prelude to you, the demonstration of your weakness. If they can do it to a massively popular figure like Trump, one who represents the pro-American section of the population, they can mop the floor with you
RTWT

mayor

Post by mayor »

Grayling813 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:16 pm T.L. Davis defines what’s going on…
https://tldavis.substack.com/p/elections-are-dangerous

I don’t care if you hate Trump, I won’t argue with you why that’s irrelevant and not worth your time, but he is the battleground. The indictments launched against him are aimed at you, the reader, and if they’re successful it doesn’t matter if Trump’s in prison, he’s just the prelude to you, the demonstration of your weakness. If they can do it to a massively popular figure like Trump, one who represents the pro-American section of the population, they can mop the floor with you
RTWT
This articulate much more eloquently what I've been saying for a good while, now.

I have never retracted nor rescinded this:
"I, _____, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

I may have to put it to the test.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Rafe »

Trivia that probably everyone on this forum knows, but I'll bet only about 1 in 1,000 freshmen starting college this month is aware of. The oath the President of the United States takes upon inauguration--unlike the oath mayor took or the one the Vice President takes--is unique among all office holders, and it makes no mention of defense against all enemies, or even "bear true faith and allegiance." The president doesn't even say, "So help me God," at the end.

The oath the vice president swears to is the same one that senators, members of the House, and other federal employees take (with SCOTUS being a notable exception)...and have since 1884:
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.
But the president-elect--for some reason I don't fully understand--has a much abbreviated oath, per Article II, Section I of the Constitution:
I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
And it wasn't shortened recently...as in January 2021 because his handlers were afraid Joe couldn't repeat a longer oath. That's the way it's been.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://nypost.com/2023/08/24/trump-bec ... e-mugshot/

Trump first President with a mug shot.

I plan to boycott Georgia for the rest of my life for this.

Pretty good video of Superman using his powers to turn back time. (If I remember he saved Lois Lane in the first movie doing this)

August 26, 2023

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1694 ... 35530.html

Georgia DA doing same things in 2018 she is accusing Trump of doing in 2020.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... eplacement

Trump says he will serve as Speaker of House for short period until permanent replacement can be found.

I was really surprised many smart Dems didn’t vote to retain the previous speaker as they should have figured the new guy would be less Rino.

jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jerry_r60 »

Rafe wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:54 pm Trivia that probably everyone on this forum knows, but I'll bet only about 1 in 1,000 freshmen starting college this month is aware of. The oath the President of the United States takes upon inauguration--unlike the oath mayor took or the one the Vice President takes--is unique among all office holders, and it makes no mention of defense against all enemies, or even "bear true faith and allegiance." The president doesn't even say, "So help me God," at the end.

The oath the vice president swears to is the same one that senators, members of the House, and other federal employees take (with SCOTUS being a notable exception)...and have since 1884:
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.
But the president-elect--for some reason I don't fully understand--has a much abbreviated oath, per Article II, Section I of the Constitution:
I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
And it wasn't shortened recently...as in January 2021 because his handlers were afraid Joe couldn't repeat a longer oath. That's the way it's been.
Your post peaked my interest so I dug around a bit and I'll share if anyone is interested in a bit of trivia.

The Presidents oath is in the constitution (Article II Section 1 Clause 8). To change it means a constitutional amendment. Being in the constitution, it came before the one for Vice President. Article VI Clause 3 covers several governmental roles with... "shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States. "

The actual language for those oaths is by statute (and ended up more wordy). Of course not being in the constitution, it's been easier to change.

Out of curiosity I went and listened to Biden say his oath. He was prompted for and added "so help me God" even though that's not required.

I started going back in time and as far back as Roosevelt I found recordings with the Presidents all saying it. Some places say Washington said it but other sources say the words were attributed to him long after he was actually inaguarated. It seems Washington and several others kissed the Bible after the oath. Apparently Chester Author did it first in 1881 (for sure) and then it picked up again with Franklin Roosevelt and all others since.

Teddy Roosevelt said "and thus I swear".

Franklin Roosevelt wasn't given phrase by phrase prompts, he just recited it all in one go.

End of triva for any that made it this far.

Return to “Off-Topic”