Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

philbo
Banned
Posts in topic: 149

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by philbo »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 5:55 pmYou have more faith in Mueller’s integrity than I do. I think he’s a political animal, and the reason that his “investigation” has lasted as long as it has, and the reason that its direction has strayed FAR afield of his original mandate is because he’s on a fishing expedition, and has set himself up above any accountability to anybody .......and that lack of accountability in gov’t anywhere is distinctly un-American. Mueller is a willing tool of the DNC to overturn a lawful election result.

In any other terms, that is called a coup.
The irony here is that the New York Times said almost the same thing about a special prosecutor in their op-ed's... except that was 20 years ago and they were speaking of Ken Starr and the Whitewater investigation. That was the one where a special prosecutor went for over 6 years and whose investigation ranged far afield of his original investigation as well. Clinton's White House went out of their way to undermine Starr and paint his investigation as a tool of the RNC, and it seems that Trump has reversed the play book. Didn't support Clinton's baseless attacks and I can't support Trump's nearly daily dose of lies on the subject either.

Mueller is a Republican appointed by Rosenstein and under the control of Sessions -both Republicans and Trump appointments. Deep state coup? Only if the president is part of it. The investigation needs to continue, especially in light of allegations made this morning that Trump tried to pressure Sessions into reversing his recusal of the Russia probe and engage in a the Russia Probe because Trump wanted a"loyalist" in charge of the investigation. This allegation was previously undisclosed and is just now coming to light...
https://www.politico.com/newsletters/pl ... ons-272950

philbo
Banned

Post by philbo »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:06 amWell, there is the favorite of most trolls, Wikipedia :banghead: , and then there is the judgment of an actual sitting member of the Texas Congressional delegation:

https://aim4truth.org/2018/04/26/robert ... ate-bully/

Dale, the fact that you just keep repeating lies about how much integrity Mueller allegedly has reminds me of the old communist tactic: "repeat a lie enough times and it becomes the truth".
I have to find my tin-foil hat before I read anything from am4truth, while many sites have a bias, most don't venture in the absurd conspiracy theories of promoted by that site. It's true that the communist often used lies as propaganda, but Trump seems to have truly perfected the passing of complete untruths of as reality.... last week it was Spygate, what will this week bring?

BBYC
Posts in topic: 28

Post by BBYC »

Wait. What? Now people are saying Trump is pulling the strings for the Russian 2 Judgement.

:lol:
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-p ... 36140.html

Trump will pardon Dinesh D’Souza.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/24/preside ... hnson.html

Trump pardons Jack Johnson.

So I understand why Obama didn’t pardon Dinesh. But why has it taken so long to pardon Jack Johnson.

Make America Great Again!

Abraham
Posts in topic: 76

Post by Abraham »

"Dale, the fact that you just keep repeating lies about how much integrity Mueller allegedly has reminds me of the old communist tactic: "repeat a lie enough times and it becomes the truth".

BINGO!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/05/31/s ... ve-outrage

Samantha Bee calls the First Lady a very offensive thing after she posts a picture of her holding her two yeat old son.

We have the 1st amendment which allow freedom of speech.

However, I have the freedom to never watch Samantha Bee. I haven’t watched her show for some time. I may now have to boycott her entire network until she is fired.

My boycott list is getting long.

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 14

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Don't watch her because I don't think she's funny. Title of her show should be adjusted to "Full AFfrontal, with Samantha B."
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Sorry it was First Daughter she called a feckless C word not the First Lady. My mistake.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Post by bblhd672 »

Who's Samantha Bee and why do I care about her opinion?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Samatha Bee is a television comedian who hosts a daily show on TBS a basic cable station you automatically get if you have cable TV. It is owned by Time Warner.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... za-n878851

Trump may pardon Martha Stewart, who in my opinion was wrongly convicted of lying to the FBI and spent a year in federal prison.

To me the jury convicted her because she was rich and annoying not that she committed the crime she was charged with.

philbo
Banned

Post by philbo »

Trump imposes tariffs on allies (EU, Mexico, Canada), but not China. Kevin Brady (R-Tex), the chairman of the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee. “These tariffs are hitting the wrong target.” Officials “will need to come to Capitol hill to provide answers about the indiscriminate harm these tariffs are causing our local businesses.”

But hey, Trade Wars are easy to win.... :roll:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1IW2HS
http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/ ... trade-wars

Misfit Child
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Misfit Child »

philip964 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:12 pm Sorry it was First Daughter she called a feckless C word not the First Lady. My mistake.
Any bets whether her show will be cancelled as quickly as Roseanne?

Maxwell
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Maxwell »

Misfit Child wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 7:42 pm
philip964 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:12 pm Sorry it was First Daughter she called a feckless C word not the First Lady. My mistake.
We wish...
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

carlson1
Posts in topic: 26

Post by carlson1 »

Maxwell wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:45 pm
We wish...
It is amazing this woman’s show is not a live show. That means everyone knew what was said and they aired the show anyways. I doubt serously because of that this show will be cancelled.

Allons
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Allons »

carlson1 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:54 pm
Maxwell wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:45 pm
We wish...
It is amazing this woman’s show is not a live show. That means everyone knew what was said and they aired the show anyways. I doubt serously because of that this show will be cancelled.

It won't be because it's on cable.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Return to “Off-Topic”