Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by philip964 »

The separation of families is all that is on Facebook right now. Post after post.

Both Texas senators have proposed legislation.
Today Trump has asked for new legislation giving the Border Patrol a third option to allow families to stay together.

Apparently George W Bush signed the current law into effect. Apparently his wife’s criticism was premature or spot on.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 191

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Dems like the law because it forces immigration to allow them entry while waiting on "judge" or arrest and detain them. Then they never show up at court date. The real issue seems to be people crossing with kids they are not even related too.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 26

Post by carlson1 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:38 pm Dems like the law because it forces immigration to allow them entry while waiting on "judge" or arrest and detain them. Then they never show up at court date. The real issue seems to be people crossing with kids they are not even related too.

Also not crossing at a Port of Entry.

03Lightningrocks

carlson1 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:42 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:38 pm Dems like the law because it forces immigration to allow them entry while waiting on "judge" or arrest and detain them. Then they never show up at court date. The real issue seems to be people crossing with kids they are not even related too.

Also not crossing at a Port of Entry.
Exactly! :tiphat:

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 18

Post by PriestTheRunner »

I made a new one.... :)

Wolverine
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Wolverine »

philip964 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:13 pm The separation of families is all that is on Facebook right now. Post after post.

Both Texas senators have proposed legislation.
Today Trump has asked for new legislation giving the Border Patrol a third option to allow families to stay together.

Apparently George W Bush signed the current law into effect. Apparently his wife’s criticism was premature or spot on.
I have a suggestion that will allow families to stay together, reduce costs, and deter cheating.

When the Border Patrol catches them, the BP takes photos, fingerprints, and DNA samples. They are then transported to the border and allowed to cross back into Mexico, where they can stay together while the courts do their thing. Anybody caught in the United States a second time, before they have legal status, will be treated the same as any other criminal caught violating parole. They also would be permanently barred from ever getting a US tourist visa, much less a path to citizenship.
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty."
III

Jusme
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Jusme »

dale blanker wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:58 pm
rotor wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:53 pm If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor. Etc. Obama never lied.
In 2009 and again in 2012, PolitiFact rated Obama’s statement Half True, which means the statement is partially correct and partially wrong. While ACA took pains to leave parts of the insurance market alone, some private insurers canceled their plans, or raised rates to force people to switch plans, to avoid meeting some ACA standards.

This reminds me of the movie "The Rainmaker" based on a novel by John Grisham. I don't think it is based on a particular true story but this kind of thing was apparently happening in the healthcare market.

Whatever happened to ACA's grand replacement with universal, low cost healthcare?
s

You tell me Dale,

As your favorite advocate, Nancy Pelosi, said, " we have to pass it, so we can see what's in it!"
When government tries to run any business, it is a failure. I.E. The USPS, Amtrak, etc..

The ACA was nothing but a money grab tax, as SCOTUS ruled. The libtards, hoped that the rich and healthy would sign on and pay to cover the poor, and sick. How's that working for you now? It is a money pit, that is spiraling, down to an unattenable, situation, even more rediculous than the greatest, left wing boondoggle in history, Social Security.

Dale I know you hate Trump, but you have nothing more than, some left wing, spin doctor, quotes, to back your rationale. The only reason, the left, is even talking about immigration, is to distract, from the very real, hearings, regarding, the largest scandal, ever perpetrated, and that is the weaponizing of the DOJ, to try to derail Trump's campaign.
If you have a better, option, for President, please give us the reasons, because arguing about, who has a better record of honesty, when compared to the Barak Hussein/Hitlery, regime, is a losing proposition, and does nothing, to sway people to your, point of view. All anyone has heard from you, as well as, the left wing politicians, and the MSM, is "We hate Trump", but offer no alternatives. Just sayin.....
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Post by mojo84 »

There may be some real health insurance relief ahead for those that were hurt worst by Obamacare. Even the liberal WAPO is reporting it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... 4cfb025194
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Post by dale blanker »

Jusme wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:20 pm
rotor wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:53 pm If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor. Etc. Obama never lied.
In 2009 and again in 2012, PolitiFact rated Obama’s statement Half True, which means the statement is partially correct and partially wrong. While ACA took pains to leave parts of the insurance market alone, some private insurers canceled their plans, or raised rates to force people to switch plans, to avoid meeting some ACA standards.

This reminds me of the movie "The Rainmaker" based on a novel by John Grisham. I don't think it is based on a particular true story but this kind of thing was apparently happening in the healthcare market.

Whatever happened to ACA's grand replacement with universal, low cost healthcare?
s

You tell me Dale,

As your favorite advocate, Nancy Pelosi, said, " we have to pass it, so we can see what's in it!"
When government tries to run any business, it is a failure. I.E. The USPS, Amtrak, etc..

The ACA was nothing but a money grab tax, as SCOTUS ruled. The libtards, hoped that the rich and healthy would sign on and pay to cover the poor, and sick. How's that working for you now? It is a money pit, that is spiraling, down to an unattenable, situation, even more rediculous than the greatest, left wing boondoggle in history, Social Security.

Dale I know you hate Trump, but you have nothing more than, some left wing, spin doctor, quotes, to back your rationale. The only reason, the left, is even talking about immigration, is to distract, from the very real, hearings, regarding, the largest scandal, ever perpetrated, and that is the weaponizing of the DOJ, to try to derail Trump's campaign.
If you have a better, option, for President, please give us the reasons, because arguing about, who has a better record of honesty, when compared to the Barak Hussein/Hitlery, regime, is a losing proposition, and does nothing, to sway people to your, point of view. All anyone has heard from you, as well as, the left wing politicians, and the MSM, is "We hate Trump", but offer no alternatives. Just sayin.....
How about John Kasich?

By the way, not that I need to explain anything to you, but I don't hate anyone. :tiphat:
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

dale blanker wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:29 pm
Jusme wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:20 pm

s

You tell me Dale,

How about John Kasich?

By the way, not that I need to explain anything to you, but I don't hate anyone. :tiphat:
Was he on the ballot for the presidential election?

If we are going to pick just anyone out of the air, I'd still be happy with Ted Cruz.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

bbhack
Posts in topic: 52

Post by bbhack »

mojo84 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:49 pm
Was he on the ballot for the presidential election?

If we are going to pick just anyone out of the air, I'd still be happy with Ted Cruz.
I think Ted Cruz can steer a ship, but I don't think he can turn one around. That's takes a very special talent. The ship here, for those who don't follow the metaphor, is the entire US government machinery.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

03Lightningrocks

Well heck, since we are just picking out of the air, how about Fred Flintstone?

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:58 am Well heck, since we are just picking out of the air, how about Fred Flintstone?
I would vote for Fred before Hillary.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Kasich? :smilelol5:

People vote for winners, they don't like to see their vote wasted. Kasich is way past his political prime. He won one State in the primary as I seem to recall, and then he quit. And Trump carried Ohio, didn't he?
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

03Lightningrocks

Kasich is a closet liberal anyway. Ted Cruz is one of the swamp creatures with nothing more than his own political advancement as a concern. The country needed a President that is willing to turn that mess inside out. President Trump had nothing to gain by running. He is simply trying to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. And doing one heck of a good job at it.

Return to “Off-Topic”